Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Please Please Please, look at the Weatherman homebrew app and see how he created a dynamic background image. That way we could have Agenda (at least the next few appointments) on our home screen.

He is simply collecting the weather data, and then creating a dynamic image in the 'wallpapers' folder. You could create a simple dynamic image with latest calendar events and that would even show on the lock screen.

Of course users could opt out by not setting the "Agenda Wallpaper" as their current wallpaper.

Please oh please oh please!
    The way that's done is to send the location to a server, which creates the background, that's then sent back. The generation of the wallpaper is not done on the device.

For a calendar app to take that approach, your calendar (at least what fits on a "wallpaper") would need to be sent to a remote server.

Obviously, if the wallpaper was created on-device, this would remove the need to send your personal calendar out and would remove the need for haeffb to have to have a server (and pay for it, which is the reason that the free version of Weatherman is so restricted).

Lastly, keep in mind that Weatherman doesn't display on the lock screen. At least, when I last looked, it didn't (that may have changed, so please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    The way that's done is to send the location to a server, which creates the background, that's then sent back. The generation of the wallpaper is not done on the device.
    Lastly, keep in mind that Weatherman doesn't display on the lock screen. At least, when I last looked, it didn't (that may have changed, so please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Interesting, i was wondering how that had been done on the device. And that does explain the cost.

And yes, the weather is visible on the lock screen, just as you can see any wallpaper on the lock screen (at least the top half of the wallpaper). So any information on the top half of the wallpaper, will be visible from the lock screen.
  3.    #463  
    Question: Have any of you Agenda'ers purchased the ActiveScreen app from the App Catalog? I'm just curious how it's implementing display of calendars...
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Once again, let me start by saying that this is one of the best homebrew apps out there (and have donated in the past as well to show my appreciation)!

However, I have noticed a SMALL issue in the last few versions of the app (i noticed it yesterday and it's still there today after the latest update). For some days with no events, the "All Day - No events today!" shows up as part of the prior day and we lose the heading for the day with no event. See the pic below. Saturday 11/14 has no events but does not show up here. Also, if I click on the + sign for the No Events today, it takes me to Friday, not Saturday.

So, minor issue that I can live with, but wanted to report it!
    Ok, I figured out what's happening - Nov 1 is end of DST, so any "No events today" events after Oct 31 are going to be off by 1 hr and show up on the wrong day. Until Nov 1 gets here. Then everything will be hunky dory until we "spring ahead"...

I'll have to work out how to handle DST changes. The fun never ends!
  5.    #465  
    And, 30 seconds later...

Ok, that was an easy fix. I'll upload it as soon as I get some confirmation that the midnight stuff is working. Anybody crossed midnight with 0.5.4 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Please Please Please, look at the Weatherman homebrew app and see how he created a dynamic background image. That way we could have Agenda (at least the next few appointments) on our home screen.

He is simply collecting the weather data, and then creating a dynamic image in the 'wallpapers' folder. You could create a simple dynamic image with latest calendar events and that would even show on the lock screen.

Of course users could opt out by not setting the "Agenda Wallpaper" as their current wallpaper.

Please oh please oh please!
    Thanks for turning me on to Weatherman. I think I would be one who would want both. How about a button on the launch bar to toggle, or a tap in the gesture area? I'm no developer, but Weatherman does seem to open up some very interesting possibilities. It made my day. BTW I also have Agenda on my Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #467  
    Version 0.5.5 uploaded

Fixes DST bug with "No events today" events.

I think that I've finally squashed the bugs with auto-refresh and days with no events.

I also think, based at least in part on how feedback in this thread has slowed over the past couple of weeks, that Agenda is in pretty good shape feature-wise at the moment. I am currently planning to leave Agenda for awhile and start pursuing another project.

Agenda development is not done, but it will be put aside for the time being. I still have a list of requested features, and will continue to consider any that are suggested in the future. I will also try to eliminate any bugs that are discovered in the current version, so please let me know if you see any bugs, and let me know of any additional features you'd like to see added.

A big thanks to everyone who has helped in some way during the development of this app. It's been fun!
    Last edited by haeffb; 10/20/2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Agenda is for sure my fav. app!!!

my question is... Where are the app icons for agenda stored and what is their actual name. I want to edit them to fit into my theme for use is the quick launch bar area.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @haeffb - again, I thank you very much for Agenda. It's made my Pre much more useful as a PIM.

Can't wait to see the new project!

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.5.2 uploaded.

Provides bug fix for our European friends who aren't seeing today's events, and should auto-refresh after each event (when "Hide Past Events" is selected) and at midnight.

Let me know if it doesn't!
    I guess it does. :-)

After I upgraded from 0.5.0 to 0.5.4, I can now see "today's" events ... on "today's" pane, not the previous pane(s) like the issue I reported before (I owe you an apology, the description I gave at that time was not the best one -- not enough testing on my side -- but you took time to analyze the issue and you fixed it, thank you!).
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Version 0.5.5 uploaded

Fixes DST bug with "No events today" events.

I think that I've finally squashed the bugs with auto-refresh and days with no events.

I also think, based at least in part on how feedback in this thread has slowed over the past couple of weeks, that Agenda is in pretty good shape feature-wise at the moment. I am currently planning to leave Agenda for awhile and start pursuing another project.

Agenda development is not done, but it will be put aside for the time being. I still have a list of requested features, and will continue to consider any that are suggested in the future. I will also try to eliminate any bugs that are discovered in the current version, so please let me know if you see any bugs, and let me know of any additional features you'd like to see added.

A big thanks to everyone who has helped in some way during the development of this app. It's been fun!
    It works with the automatic update at midnight. Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I've been using your program now for about a month. Love, love, love it. I read the note about using undocumented API and how the program may possibly break in the future with Palm updates. Why would a program as functional as yours not be in the official app catalog?

It seems to me Palm is sorely missing an app like yours.

Lastly, you've had a real sense of a user-friendly interface as every updated change (not talking about bug fixes) seems to make the program work and flow better. Such a solid program all the way around.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Question: Have any of you Agenda'ers purchased the ActiveScreen app from the App Catalog? I'm just curious how it's implementing display of calendars...
    Active Home Screen was a program I had high hopes for and was waiting for it to resurface as a paid app or a newer version of the beta app. Well for me as Active Card (app catalog name) it has taken a few steps back. Not that it doesn't offer all of the same features as AHS, since it does. It now looks more like a new operating system vs. a new home screen. Making all of the icons small and placing them on the bottom only or the top only w/launched apps listed out in the middle of the screen replicates the existing OS too much for me. The previous beta version looked more like an android-esque widget home screen that took the WebOS with added pop. So even if the new version offers all the same features, it has done it in a way I'm not interested in as I looked at every task and personally prefer accessing all of the those same features via the standard, more elegant WebOS system.

This doesn't answer your question about how it accesses the calendar but it is my take on the new version of the app.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Agenda is for sure my fav. app!!!

my question is... Where are the app icons for agenda stored and what is their actual name. I want to edit them to fit into my theme for use is the quick launch bar area.
    The app icons are stored in the .ipk file. The only way to change them, as of now, is to install the SDK, change the icon files, and repackage the .ipk file. The icons are stored in the app/icons directory and named 1-64x64.ico, 2-64x64.ico, ..., 31-64x64.ico.

If someone does modify Agenda to use different icons, please let me know. And please don't distribute a modified .ipk without first discussing with me...

A future enhancement to Agenda may allow the user to easily change icon sets, but that feature is not currently available.
  15.    #475  
    Version 0.5.6 uploaded.

This version is localized (allows easy translation to other languages) and includes a German translation.

Thanks to PreCentral member Timon for his work in localizing/translating!

If anyone is interested in translating to other languages (English, German, Spanish, Italian, and French are currently supported in the emulator, only English and Spanish on Sprint Pre's), shoot me an IM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Smithwicks Irish Ale - from the same brewery as Guiness. They've been making it since 1710. They've gotten pretty good at it the last few years, as far as I can tell.

SMITHWICK'SŪ 2009
    @haeffb - Found it today Thank you for pointing it out. Yes, they've gotten very good at it. A new favorite!

Muchas gracias,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  17.    #477  
    Version 0.5.7 uploaded

Added ability to search events in Agenda listing (subject, note, location). Simply start typing and the Agenda listing will be filtered to only show events with the entered string in either subject, note or location.
    This app just keeps getting better and better!! Thanks!! Is it in Preware yet?
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This app just keeps getting better and better!! Thanks!! Is it in Preware yet?
    As far as I know, it should be available in Preware.
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @haeffb - Found it today Thank you for pointing it out. Yes, they've gotten very good at it. A new favorite!

Muchas gracias,
    -JerryG
    What a day! You found a new favorite brew AND got the search function in Agenda that you wanted...