Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Thanks! Keep up the good work. Did you submit this as an offical app? I will for sure buy it once it is official.

Thanks
    Donate button in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Not sure, but I suspect I found a (timezone) bug, or at least an issue!
    So I set the timezone to Paris, France. What I found is today's events do not appear in today's view, even the ones ahead from "now" (current time as reported at the top of the screen).
    I can confirm the same issue on a german Pre, Timezone Berlin/Europe.
    I will never see the appointments on "today", the screen starts with "tomorrow", although I have appointments today indeed.
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft17 View Post
    I can confirm the same issue on a german Pre, Timezone Berlin/Europe.
    I will never see the appointments on "today", the screen starts with "tomorrow", although I have appointments today indeed.
    Go to Preferences, then hit the app menu and 'toggle debug'. Then swipe back to the Agenda scene. What is the date and time it shows as 'starting from' compared to now?
  4.    #444  
    Version 0.5.2 uploaded.

Provides bug fix for our European friends who aren't seeing today's events, and should auto-refresh after each event (when "Hide Past Events" is selected) and at midnight.

Let me know if it doesn't!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    my "show days with no events" no longer works correctly. I get the "no events today!" msg on days I actually have events, and days I don't have events aren't showing up. Reinstalled after the update and its still doing it.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahogue82 View Post
    my "show days with no events" no longer works correctly. I get the "no events today!" msg on days I actually have events, and days I don't have events aren't showing up. Reinstalled after the update and its still doing it.
    argh. The midnight update is now broken as well. Removed the 0.5.2 upload and going back to the drawing board.
  7.    #447  
    Version 0.5.3 uploaded with the bugs that I created by fixing other bugs fixed.

Keepin' my fingers crossed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.5.3 uploaded with the bugs that I created by fixing other bugs fixed.

Keepin' my fingers crossed.
    palm really needs to give you stupid amounts of money and make this official. You're the man!
  9.    #449  
    I'm still seeing some (weird, unexpected, strange) behavior on the auto-refresh at event endtimes. Not sure exactly what's going on and need to do some more testing.
    Hi haeffb, it just hit midnight here in the midwest, however, Agenda didn't refresh to Saturday. It stayed on Friday. Maybe it is related to the "weird, unexpected, strange " behavior you mentioned above?
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Hi haeffb, it just hit midnight here in the midwest, however, Agenda didn't refresh to Saturday. It stayed on Friday. Maybe it is related to the "weird, unexpected, strange " behavior you mentioned above?
    Yes, it's related. I think I know what the problem is, and will have it fixed in the next release. It's kinda difficult to test stuff that only happens once a day...! And even more so when the device behaves differently than the emulator.
    I am new to the palm pre and I have attempted to download agenda and other apps and I am getting an "ipk" error. Can someone assist?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbagheri View Post
    I am new to the palm pre and I have attempted to download agenda and other apps and I am getting an "ipk" error. Can someone assist?
    SearchHomebrew or Preware (or other appropriate) threads. If you can't find an answer after a diligent search, post your message there. Be sure to include the OS version you're using, the download method, and the text of your error. But that shouldn't be necessary; a thorough search of the threads should answer your question. And WELCOME!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Donate button in the first post.
    Thanks for a great App. I've donated.

And thanks for a great thread. I read the whole thing and marveled at this glimpse into collaborative development. Congratulations to haeffb for all his work (and incredible responsiveness) and to all those who helped him make this a great App for all of us.

Here's hoping that Palm releases an official API for calendar data soon, and that Agenda can use it with minor tweaking at most.
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    Go to Preferences, then hit the app menu and 'toggle debug'. Then swipe back to the Agenda scene. What is the date and time it shows as 'starting from' compared to now?
    sorry, saw your reply just now...
    i updated to 0.5.3 and now i can see appointments from today!
    thanks very much!

the only thing that doesn't work on my european pre: when i cross midnight, agenda's icon doesn't update the date - it stays blank until i start agenda and leave it.
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft17 View Post
    sorry, saw your reply just now...
    i updated to 0.5.3 and now i can see appointments from today!
    thanks very much!

the only thing that doesn't work on my european pre: when i cross midnight, agenda's icon doesn't update the date - it stays blank until i start agenda and leave it.
    The icon will be blank after install or any reset. It is not updated until Agenda is run at least once, but will then update each night until the phone is reset again.
  17.    #457  
    Version 0.5.4 uploaded.

This version should fix the refresh at midnight and refresh at end of events. Tested on my phone and on the emulator and it's been working. Let me know if you have any issues...

This version also adds a basic help scene. The help topics aren't there yet, but the mechanism is in place.
    Version 0.5.4 uploaded.

This version should fix the refresh at midnight and refresh at end of events. Tested on my phone and on the emulator and it's been working. Let me know if you have any issues...

This version also adds a basic help scene. The help topics aren't there yet, but the mechanism is in place.
    Thanks! Just updated. Will see how it goes tonight.
    Once again, let me start by saying that this is one of the best homebrew apps out there (and have donated in the past as well to show my appreciation)!

However, I have noticed a SMALL issue in the last few versions of the app (i noticed it yesterday and it's still there today after the latest update). For some days with no events, the "All Day - No events today!" shows up as part of the prior day and we lose the heading for the day with no event. See the pic below. Saturday 11/14 has no events but does not show up here. Also, if I click on the + sign for the No Events today, it takes me to Friday, not Saturday.

So, minor issue that I can live with, but wanted to report it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Please Please Please, look at the Weatherman homebrew app and see how he created a dynamic background image. That way we could have Agenda (at least the next few appointments) on our home screen.

He is simply collecting the weather data, and then creating a dynamic image in the 'wallpapers' folder. You could create a simple dynamic image with latest calendar events and that would even show on the lock screen.

Of course users could opt out by not setting the "Agenda Wallpaper" as their current wallpaper.

Please oh please oh please!
    Last edited by wicketr; 10/20/2009 at 01:45 PM.