Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Small thing that will matter to almost no one, but...

I notice that your app appears with the title "This is a webOS application." in Preware. I know nothing about webOS development, but I suspect that there is a title that needs to be somewhere that is using a default?

This isn't the only app that appears that way.
    I've never used Preware, so I don't know what's up with this issue. The only place Agenda is hosted is on PreCentral, and all the available fields are filled in for the Homebrew Gallery. Maybe Preware is using another field from some other repository?
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Ah, this reminded me... Occasionally, Agenda will put up text saying "This verifies your application is running" or something like that, when it starts up. Can't recall the last time/version I've seen this with, though.

L8r,
    -JerryG
    I've seen it a few times as well...it happens because WebOS is a bit slow in setting up the stage/scene. Not to worry - nothing's wrong.
  3.    #423  
    version 0.5.0 uploaded

- adds activity indicator while getting events
    - changes the way it updates when "Hide Past Events" is selected. Agenda no longer autoupdates at fixed intervals - however it will update when the end time of the first ending event is reached. But only when today is the starting date for the agenda view.

Eliminating the autoupdate at fixed intervals should eliminate any concern with battery use. Timers only fire at midnight and when events end.
  4.    #424  
    version 0.5.0 uploaded

- adds activity indicator while getting events
    - changes the way it updates when "Hide Past Events" is selected. Agenda no longer autoupdates at fixed intervals - however it will update when the end time of the first ending event is reached. But only when today is the starting date for the agenda view.

Eliminating the autoupdate at fixed intervals should eliminate any concern with battery use. Timers only fire at midnight and when events end.
    Hey keep up the great work, this is one of the programs I use on a daily basis with my google calendar to help me keep track of things happening on my campus.
    After updating my All Day Events now read

12:00am - 11:59pm.

Is this a bug or did you change the All Day Events to look like that?

Thanks! My fav Pre app so far!
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrus82 View Post
    After updating my All Day Events now read

12:00am - 11:59pm.

Is this a bug or did you change the All Day Events to look like that?

Thanks! My fav Pre app so far!
    It's a bug, but it's unlikely that it's an Agenda bug. I suspect that something has happened to your Calendar data - in a sync process?? - that changed your All Day events into timed events.

Agenda gets All Day events and timed events separately from Calendar. It will not put a time on All Day events - this tells me that you're only getting timed events from Calendar.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    First off, thanks again for the app. I use it daily and keep it in my launch bar. If I can make a suggestion, is there any way you can make the "+" sign smaller and more discrete on the color blocks? I think that it can be very distracting when looking at your upcoming events.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @haeffb -

Hi. Would it be possible to add a function to search for events containing user defined text, within an event? Like the search in Google Calendar.

Thanks,
    -JerryG

PS - been looking for that Smithwicks...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Not sure, but I suspect I found a (timezone) bug, or at least an issue!

I live in France, but I couldn't wait for the GSM Pre to reach Europe, so I bought a CDMA Pre (OK, no phone, but super PDA anyway!).

So I set the timezone to Paris, France. What I found is today's events do not appear in today's view, even the ones ahead from "now" (current time as reported at the top of the screen). Changing the timezone to New-York, USA made them appear. Back to France timezone, an event will no show up in today's view unless 10 hours ahead from "now".

I have two calendars defined: Palm Profile and Exchange EAS. Same issue on both.

I probably need to perform more tests to come with a better description, but this is it so far.

Am I the first/only one to experience this issue?
    Last edited by Thibaud; 10/13/2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: typo fix
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Not sure, but I suspect I found a (timezone) bug, or at least an issue!

I live in France, but I couldn't wait for the GSM Pre to reach Europe, so I bought a CDMA Pre (OK, no phone, but super PDA anyway!).

So I set the timezone to Paris, France. What I found is today's events do not appear in today's view, even the ones ahead from "now" (current time as reported at the top of the screen). Changing the timezone to New-York, USA made them appear. Back to France timezone, an event will no show up in today's view unless 10 hours ahead from "now".

I have two calendars defined: Palm Profile and Exchange EAS. Same issue on both.

I probably need to perform more tests to come with a better description, but this is it so far.

Am I the first/only one to experience this issue?
    Do you have the "Hide Past Events" option turned on? Or do you never get today's events?

I can't duplicate the error: If I set my timezone to Paris, France (CET) I still see all of "today's" appointments. Including my meeting from "1am to 2am." I know developers aren't supposed to sleep alot, but, seriously? Who schedules a meeting at 1am? I'm going back to the US....
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @haeffb -

Hi. Would it be possible to add a function to search for events containing user defined text, within an event? Like the search in Google Calendar.
    I've added that to the list of future potential enhancements.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I've added that to the list of future potential enhancements.
    Well then, future potential thanks are in order! Thanks.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    I upgraded to the latest version. I know that it won't update automatically on a set interval, but it should update on end of event or a new date. However, it won't do that on mine. It just sits on Tues and didn't advance to Wed. It used to advance to a new date. Is there anything I need to set?

Great app btw, I use it everyday.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I upgraded to the latest version. I know that it won't update automatically on a set interval, but it should update on end of event or a new date. However, it won't do that on mine. It just sits on Tues and didn't advance to Wed. It used to advance to a new date. Is there anything I need to set?

Great app btw, I use it everyday.
    I've been waiting for someone to comment on this. It's a problem with using setTimeout...works great when the device is awake. Not so much when it's asleep. I need to rewrite some code. Look for an update ine a day or two.

in the meantime, just hit the refresh button at midnight and the end of each event...
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I've been waiting for someone to comment on this. It's a problem with using setTimeout...works great when the device is awake. Not so much when it's asleep. I need to rewrite some code. Look for an update ine a day or two.

in the meantime, just hit the refresh button at midnight and the end of each event...
    I noticed this too, everyday when I get up its always still on the previous day. I just tap to get it to update, but it will be nice when you get the update done and it does that automatically. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Mine has been updating itself each morning with the current days date. When I pull it off the touchstone each morning, there it is.

I do run a clock app at night that keeps the phone on. It's only when the phone sleeps that the problem happens? When it wakes up, it won't update by itself again?
    Thanks! Keep up the good work. Did you submit this as an offical app? I will for sure buy it once it is official.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Thanks! Keep up the good work. Did you submit this as an offical app? I will for sure buy it once it is official.

Thanks
    This can't be an official app until Palm offers an API to access the calendar. In which case, likely, changes will be made to this app.

Palm has already indicated that they will reject apps, like this, that don't use legit API calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This can't be an official app until Palm offers an API to access the calendar. In which case, likely, changes will be made to this app.

Palm has already indicated that they will reject apps, like this, that don't use legit API calls.
    that is Palm's loss...in my opinion, this app is the best app available for the Pre...period.