Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 742
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Put another pot of coffee on and get to it then. :-)
    Oh, it's already there. I'm just waiting for you to find more bugs for me to fix before I call it a night. (I gotta stop drinking beer while writing code - those should be mutually exclusive acts.)

    Version 0.4.12 uploaded.

    Fixes bug with showing days with no events. Changes icon to generic until you launch Agenda for the first time. Probably adds new bugs.
  2.    #402  
    Note: You will have to delete Agenda and re-install to see the "generic" icon if you have previously installed.
  3. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #403  
    Ha! Coding while drinking, hmmmm.....

    You'll be happy to know it's now displaying the no event days correctly.

    no obvious bugs but I'll keep looking. :-)

    Maybe the menu bar, where to current week/date is displayed should do something when clicked? Open up the week view perhaps. Or better yet, bring a cold beer. Can you make it do that?!?
  4. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Note: You will have to delete Agenda and re-install to see the "generic" icon if you have previously installed.
    @haeffb - couple of questions:

    1) why the generic icon? I'd prefer the original style icon, just without the date #

    2) are our donations buying a decent brand of beer, I hope? FWIW, I think I coded better with Bass Ale, as opposed to Bud

    Cheers (LOL),
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  5.    #405  
    The menu bar refreshes the Agenda view with Today as the start date.

    The "generic" icon is the Agenda icon with no date. (or should be, I didn't actually test it...)

    Currently sipping on a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Bass is among my favorites, along with Smithwicks. Trust me, your donations can't keep up with my ability to consume...I'm a much better beer drinker than programmer!
  6. #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    The menu bar refreshes the Agenda view with Today as the start date.

    The "generic" icon is the Agenda icon with no date. (or should be, I didn't actually test it...)
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled the new version and the generic icon i get is a circle with a crescent moon in the middle, not the agenda icon
    Last edited by Audemars02; 10/07/2009 at 04:35 PM.
  7.    #407  
    Doh! re-uploaded version 0.4.12 with the correct "generic" icon. I'm gonna quit for the evening.

    Edit: Quit coding. Not quit drinking.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    No, everybody has no events today. The previous version that didn't have it was a bug - it was supposed to have it as well. I prefer this method, as it's consistent with the rest of the list.
    well if u like having it say that, then can you make "no events today!" non bold.. i think it would make it easier to find actual events inbetween all the no event days.. at least for me...

    for example if im scrolling quickly, i want to be able to distinguish days with no events to those with actual events, just by looking for the bold events, right now i have to go slower cuz everyday has bold, cuz of the bolded "no events today"


    it would just add viewing ease IMO
  9. diddly4's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #409  
    I had something strange happen to me. I upgraded to the new version and when I went into the launcher the Agenda icon was different. It was a circle with a cresant moon inside. I opened the app and exited and the icon went back to normal, just a weird thing.
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Note: You will have to delete Agenda and re-install to see the "generic" icon if you have previously installed.
    Or just reset the Pre. (Is that intentional? Anything you can do to preserve the non-generic icon across resets?)
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I had something strange happen to me. I upgraded to the new version and when I went into the launcher the Agenda icon was different. It was a circle with a cresant moon inside. I opened the app and exited and the icon went back to normal, just a weird thing.
    Read the posts right above yours (which also misspells "crescent" ).
  11. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    The menu bar refreshes the Agenda view with Today as the start date.

    The "generic" icon is the Agenda icon with no date. (or should be, I didn't actually test it...)

    Currently sipping on a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Bass is among my favorites, along with Smithwicks. Trust me, your donations can't keep up with my ability to consume...I'm a much better beer drinker than programmer!
    Or not enough people have gotten their rebates, in order to make a donation...

    Smithwicks? That local to you? Don't recall seeing that one.

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Or not enough people have gotten their rebates, in order to make a donation...

    Smithwicks? That local to you? Don't recall seeing that one.

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Smithwicks Irish Ale - from the same brewery as Guiness. They've been making it since 1710. They've gotten pretty good at it the last few years, as far as I can tell.

    SMITHWICK'SŪ 2009
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    A couple of things:

    1) The "Show Time to Next Event" option causes the program to fire a timer every 20 seconds, so that it can update the "time to next event."

    2) Agenda also fires a timer every five minutes, so that it can "Hide Past Events" - it refreshes the entire agenda list at that time.

    3) Agenda also fires a timer every night at midnight so that it can update the icon.

    I don't know what the effect of all these timers is on battery life, but if that's a concern, I'd suggest at minimum to not enable the "time to next event" option. The 20-sec timer will no longer fire if that option is disabled.

    The five-minute timer will fire as long as the app is running - UNLESS you've selected a day other than TODAY as the starting day for the Agenda list.

    The midnight timer will fire regardless of whether the app is currently running or not - as long as it's been run once.

    All that being said, I have no idea why adding it to the launcher bar would affect battery life.
    I've got the "show time to next event" turned off. I can only assume it's somehow related to #3 on your list, but have no idea. Maybe somebody else can try it and see if they get the same results?
  14. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Smithwicks Irish Ale - from the same brewery as Guiness. They've been making it since 1710. They've gotten pretty good at it the last few years, as far as I can tell.

    SMITHWICK'SŪ 2009
    Thanks. It must be around here somewhere in NYC...

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Thanks. It must be around here somewhere in NYC...

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Any self-respecting Irish pub will have it on tap. But, it's pronounced "Smiddicks..."
  16. lambique's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #416  
    Awesome app! Definitely my favorite, most used, most desired app.

    For some reason, my version # is staying at 11; not sure if version 12 simply didn't get updated with the new version #, or if something is malfunctioning with my downloading...

    Also, with regards to the autorefresh business: any way to set it so it calculates the next autorefresh time based on length of next appointment? I'm no programer, so I have no idea if this is at all feasible.
  17. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #417  
    Small thing that will matter to almost no one, but...

    I notice that your app appears with the title "This is a webOS application." in Preware. I know nothing about webOS development, but I suspect that there is a title that needs to be somewhere that is using a default?

    This isn't the only app that appears that way.
  18. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Any self-respecting Irish pub will have it on tap. But, it's pronounced "Smiddicks..."
    Well, I haven't been to a self-respecting Irish pub since they closed Fiddler's Green, over in Rockefeller Center.

    Though I am pretty sure that there must be at least one with some self-respect left, here in NYC...

    I'll keep an eye (and a grasping hand) out for it. So before we get any further OT...

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  19. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Small thing that will matter to almost no one, but...

    I notice that your app appears with the title "This is a webOS application." in Preware. I know nothing about webOS development, but I suspect that there is a title that needs to be somewhere that is using a default?

    This isn't the only app that appears that way.
    Ah, this reminded me... Occasionally, Agenda will put up text saying "This verifies your application is running" or something like that, when it starts up. Can't recall the last time/version I've seen this with, though.

    L8r,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickb0y View Post
    Or just reset the Pre. (Is that intentional? Anything you can do to preserve the non-generic icon across resets?)
    I'll have to do some research to see if there's a way to have a timer fire when the phone is reset.

    It will currently still automatically update at the midnight following the reset, though....you just have to wait a bit!

Posting Permissions