Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    First off, love this app.

I was having some serious battery drain issues for a couple of days last week and had re-booted a number of times. Kept trying to figure out if I had changed something before this started and realized the only thing I had done was move Agenda to my Quick Launch bar. Maybe I'm crazy, but as soon as I moved it back to the regular Launcher the problem went away.
    A couple of things:

1) The "Show Time to Next Event" option causes the program to fire a timer every 20 seconds, so that it can update the "time to next event."

2) Agenda also fires a timer every five minutes, so that it can "Hide Past Events" - it refreshes the entire agenda list at that time.

3) Agenda also fires a timer every night at midnight so that it can update the icon.

I don't know what the effect of all these timers is on battery life, but if that's a concern, I'd suggest at minimum to not enable the "time to next event" option. The 20-sec timer will no longer fire if that option is disabled.

The five-minute timer will fire as long as the app is running - UNLESS you've selected a day other than TODAY as the starting day for the Agenda list.

The midnight timer will fire regardless of whether the app is currently running or not - as long as it's been run once.

All that being said, I have no idea why adding it to the launcher bar would affect battery life.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thank you!!!!!!
    I have hated the Pre calendar from day one. You app is GREAT. Just sent my donation. Please keep up the great work!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    This is probably my favorite app. Just donated.

Is there any way to have the Agenda say "No remaining events for today" if there are no remaining events for the day? Right now, even with "Days w/ no Events" checked, it just shows the next day's events.

Thanks!
    Love your app! Will donate soon. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    A couple of things:

2) Agenda also fires a timer every five minutes, so that it can "Hide Past Events" - it refreshes the entire agenda list at that time.
    Any way to make the "refresh" timeframe a under definable field? I do not have many events and for now I have been keeping the "Hide Past Events" option to "NO". So I wouldn't even mind if this was every 30 or 60 minutes or so to conserve some battery life!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Love your app! Will donate soon. Keep up the good work.
    +1 It is perfect. Lots of updates, and I can't really say that I need anything else to suggest for an update, but I appreciate them anyways. I missed something like this from Windows Mobile.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfougere View Post
    This is probably my favorite app. Just donated.

Is there any way to have the Agenda say "No remaining events for today" if there are no remaining events for the day? Right now, even with "Days w/ no Events" checked, it just shows the next day's events.

Thanks!
    Yes. It should show "No events Today" if you're using the Days w/out Events and Hide Past Events options and it's past the end time of your last event. This is a bug that I will fix shortly.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Any way to make the "refresh" timeframe a under definable field? I do not have many events and for now I have been keeping the "Hide Past Events" option to "NO". So I wouldn't even mind if this was every 30 or 60 minutes or so to conserve some battery life!

Thanks!
    I'll ponder this. Would it be better to just give an option to turn off autoUpdate? There are already a lot of options available - I don't want the app to get too complicated. What to do...?

The reason for a 5-minute refresh is so that the list is updated soon after (within 5 minutes) the end time of any given event if "Hide Past Events" is being used. If you're not using that option, perhaps a 60-minute refresh would be sufficient? What if I just used those two values - 5 mins if you hide past events, 60 minutes if you don't?
  9.    #389  
    Version 0.4.11 uploaded.

Fixes the bug noted above with the hide past events option and "No events today!". Also changes the auto-refresh to 60 minutes if Hide Past Events option is not being used. Still thinking about the best way to handle this, but should be an improvement for the meantime.
  10.    #390  
    Thank you!! to all who have sent donations. While I wrote Agenda for my own use, it is nice to have my work appreciated by others. But, please remember - this app WILL (according to info from Palm) quit working at some point in the future. Whether it will ever work in an officially supported manner is still unknown. So, thanks for the donations, but please don't get upset with me if/when Agenda no longer works....
  11.    #391  
    Thinking about this some more - the better approach would be to let the user choose a refresh rate (how about - Manual only, 5 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 6 hr, 12 hr), AND have the app fire an update at the end of the next event when the hide past events option is selected. Could also have the app always do a refresh at midnight - if it's already running - when it updates the icon even if Manual only is selected. (I mean, it's already up, might as well get me a beer...)

I'm thinking I like this approach, although it will require a bit of re-coding.

Thoughts? Why would you select a 5-min refresh rate over, say 60 minutes? Or whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    +1 It is perfect. Lots of updates, and I can't really say that I need anything else to suggest for an update, but I appreciate them anyways. I missed something like this from Windows Mobile.
    I was so used to PocketBreeze on the WimMo (PDA) world. When I saw this app, I was so excited. I am sure it will become something everybody wants to use!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I'm considering some options for how to do this. I don't really like the idea of writing text to a Wallpaper and not sure that's even possible on the device. Not interested in setting up a web server like the Weatherman app does. And then, the whole concept behind WebOS is to allow the user to keep cards open and quickly switch between them.

On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to show an upcoming event or two on the device lock screen, which can be done with a Dashboard notification. Just need to figure out if I can only show the notification when the screen is locked. I don't want to be constantly popping up notifications when the user is busy with something else.
    Hi,

Thats a great idea to show upcoming events for atleast couple of days (user defined duration) on the device lock screen. Looking forward to this feature to make this app more attractive to use.

Prem
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting the days w/ no events to work. I'm expecting it to show the day name even if there are no events. But, those days are not showing at all. I've got all day events set to no, days w/ no events set to yes, yet days with no events are not shown at all. What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Any chance of making the icon generic and not have a (1) next to it if agenda's not running?

Kind of confusing.. (don't have a date unless you know what the date is?)

-mark
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Any chance of making the icon generic and not have a (1) next to it if agenda's not running?

Kind of confusing.. (don't have a date unless you know what the date is?)

-mark
    The icon should only be a 1 if you have installed Agenda but never launched it. Or if it's the 1st day of the month.

However, I'll change the default icon to show no number in a future release.
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the days w/ no events to work. I'm expecting it to show the day name even if there are no events. But, those days are not showing at all. I've got all day events set to no, days w/ no events set to yes, yet days with no events are not shown at all. What am I missing?
    Your expectation is correct, it should show the day name and date, just like for days with events, and show "All Day" in the time field and "No events today!" in the event subject field with a gray icon. Attached is a screen shot showing a day with no events.

What version do you have installed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just installed 0.4.11 and its now showing most days with no events but not all. That seems strange, no?
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I just installed 0.4.11 and its now showing most days with no events but not all. That seems strange, no?
    Not strange at all. That's exactly the way it's not supposed to work.

Fix coming - version 0.4.12.

Maybe I can get up to 0.4.99 before the night's over...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Put another pot of coffee on and get to it then. :-)