Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    The only thing I would still love to see implemented is a "date picker" to go to a specific set of days (as I had mentioned in a post a few pages ago!).
    That is a possibility. Gotta think about how to add the functionality - I like the way the view menu works now to let you go back, forward, or back to today. How should I let the user choose a date? App menu?

However, that being said, I have found one bug.
    Weird, huh? Any idea what is happening?
    Yep. Bug. Fixed in next version. Oh, heck, I'll go ahead and upload the fix as 0.4.9 - just reinstall.

Also, one more feature request for you... When you click the next or previous arrows, any chance you can go to the top of the list? Right now it keeps your place, so if you are in the middle or at the bottom, you have to flick up to the top. It's a minor thing, but it would be nice
    I'll think about how to implement that suggestion. I can auto-scroll back to the top when I get Events from Calendar, but I don't currently do it because of the way the auto-refresh is implemented. I don't want the app to scroll back to the top of the list when the Agenda is auto-updated every five minutes. It's not a big deal to scroll to the top if you only choose 1 or 2 days to display...
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    That is a possibility. Gotta think about how to add the functionality - I like the way the view menu works now to let you go back, forward, or back to today. How should I let the user choose a date? App menu?
    could you do the same way the stock calendar does it? If you click on the header,it brings up a menu to either go to a specific date or the current date (instead of automatically going to the current date as you have it implemented now)?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Can you provide a screenshot of what's happening? How many days do you have displayed?
    Sorry for the delay, haeffb, here is a screenshot taken today. You'll see that the first few dates are way off. If I turn off "Show days w/ no events" then everything goes back to normal. Same thing happening with version 0.4.9. For some reason the "NAN" thing is no longer happening.

Have to say, though, that you sure are adding some nice features!!! Love the "+" sign you've added to go to that day in the calendar rather than just the entry. LOVE IT!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Sorry for the delay, haeffb, here is a screenshot taken today. You'll see that the first few dates are way off. If I turn off "Show days w/ no events" then everything goes back to normal. Same thing happening with version 0.4.9. For some reason the "NAN" thing is no longer happening.

Have to say, though, that you sure are adding some nice features!!! Love the "+" sign you've added to go to that day in the calendar rather than just the entry. LOVE IT!!!!

Try deleting and re-downloading 0.4.9. I made a change last night in how the days with no events are being determined that should fix the problem, but I was too lazy to change the version number. Let me know if that doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    That sounds like what the Calendar app does, except for the "start in month view" option. Why not just use Calendar for this?
    Hey thanks for the quick response. Ya this is what the calendar SHOULD do. The only problem is that on the calendar in month view it only shows the days with events as grayed out. Then you can select a specific calendar and it will show you that color for only that calendar in month view. I would love to be able to look at the month and see all the colors. I have calendars like Work, Personal, Meetings, Courses, Birthdays, Holidays, and each one has a specific color. I dont really need to see the text and info for the even on each day (except bdays) because I know approx when the even will happen. I just need the general picture. And then if i click on the day it would show me the agenda view anyhow. On the old PalmOS i could just look at the month and see all the colors and know whats going on in a snap.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Try deleting and re-downloading 0.4.9. I made a change last night in how the days with no events are being determined that should fix the problem, but I was too lazy to change the version number. Let me know if that doesn't work.
    Haeffb, I deleted Agenda and reinstalled v.0.4.9. Still showing Friday, Apri 10, 2009 as the first day in the calendar.

I have noticed something, however. The calendar messes up each and every Saturday or Sunday in the list. For instance, my Agenda is set to show 31 days. Today is a Sunday, and the first day is showing as April 10, 2009. The rest of the week is fine until you get to Sunday, October 11, 2009. Agenda shows Tuesday, November 10, 2009 instead. Then the rest of the week is fine from October 12 to October 16. Saturday, October 17, 2009 shows up as "NAN" and Sunday, October 25 is OK. Everything is good for October 19 to 23 and then messes up again for Saturday, October 24. The next Sunday is wrong also and says "NAN" instead of a date. And there is more.

Not sure if you needed this much detail, but suffice it to say that there is something that Agenda does not like about this option!

Hope this helps you troubleshoot the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I just added the quick event option, but when i click it nothing happens.. what is it suppose to do?
    It launches the Quick Event application. Download it from the usual source.
    Can you change the "days with no events" back to showing just "all day" in non bold like it is now, and take out the added "no events today!"

Because I liked it better before with out it showing the bold "no events today!"

because actual events stood out more, its harder to distinguish because of the added bold "no events today!"
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Haeffb, I deleted Agenda and reinstalled v.0.4.9. Still showing Friday, Apri 10, 2009 as the first day in the calendar.

I have noticed something, however. The calendar messes up each and every Saturday or Sunday in the list. For instance, my Agenda is set to show 31 days. Today is a Sunday, and the first day is showing as April 10, 2009. The rest of the week is fine until you get to Sunday, October 11, 2009. Agenda shows Tuesday, November 10, 2009 instead. Then the rest of the week is fine from October 12 to October 16. Saturday, October 17, 2009 shows up as "NAN" and Sunday, October 25 is OK. Everything is good for October 19 to 23 and then messes up again for Saturday, October 24. The next Sunday is wrong also and says "NAN" instead of a date. And there is more.

Not sure if you needed this much detail, but suffice it to say that there is something that Agenda does not like about this option!

Hope this helps you troubleshoot the problem.
    Are those Saturdays and Sundays by chance the dates that you have no events?

What happens if you change the number of days you display? Still getting strange results?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Well, there are lots of ways. Unless you mean from within Agenda...?

(Sorry, I tend to be a bit of a smart-*** at times!)
    Any way to send events from my agenda to another person?

Thanks.
  11.    #371  
    Version 0.4.10 uploaded

Adds menu item for "Go to date"
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Any way to send events from my agenda to another person?

Thanks.
    Not at present.
    Version 0.4.10 uploaded

YAY! Can't wait to download it! (don't see it in preware yet)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    YAY! Can't wait to download it! (don't see it in preware yet)
    Try again, I just updated via Preware, np...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Version 0.4.10 uploaded

And also resolved whatever bug I was experiencing with "Show days with no events"!

Very nice haeffb, very nice!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    guess that means my feature req is out lol. Oh well, still love the app
    Can you change the "days with no events" back to showing just "all day" in non bold like it is now, and take out the added "no events today!"

Because I liked it better before with out it showing the bold "no events today!"

because actual events stood out more, its harder to distinguish because of the added bold "no events today!"
    am i the only one who has the "no events today!" under all day, for the days wit no events?

because i was looking at Quintus picture attachment and he has the style i prefer with out the bold, or did he just have the previous version before the bold?
    First off, love this app.

I was having some serious battery drain issues for a couple of days last week and had re-booted a number of times. Kept trying to figure out if I had changed something before this started and realized the only thing I had done was move Agenda to my Quick Launch bar. Maybe I'm crazy, but as soon as I moved it back to the regular Launcher the problem went away.
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    guess that means my feature req is out lol. Oh well, still love the app
    It's out for now. Maybe someday it'll be in.
  20.    #380  
    am i the only one who has the "no events today!" under all day, for the days wit no events?

because i was looking at Quintus picture attachment and he has the style i prefer with out the bold, or did he just have the previous version before the bold?
    No, everybody has no events today. The previous version that didn't have it was a bug - it was supposed to have it as well. I prefer this method, as it's consistent with the rest of the list.