Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #301  
    Uploaded version 0.4.6

Not much is changed, except the display of "Time to Next Event" is formatted as "2d 3h" or "3h 42m" and it no longer shows anything if there are no timed events past NOW.

The "Time to Next Event" appears to be working for me. If it's not working for you, please report the number of days you're showing, the time of your next event, how many calendars you have displaying, etc. I need more info to figure out what's going wrong.
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Working fine so far, on 1.2 :-D

Thanks again,
    -JerryG
    Yeah, that was a relief!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I downloaded the new version but the time to next event is still off. It's 11pm and my next timed event is 7am. The display says 2d 10h. I tried turning off all day events, but that didn't change anything.

I do like the new format though.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I downloaded the new version but the time to next event is still off. It's 11pm and my next timed event is 7am. The display says 2d 10h. I tried turning off all day events, but that didn't change anything.

I do like the new format though.
    Is the problem in finding the right event or calculating the time?
    Do you have an event that matches the time shown?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Is the problem in finding the right event or calculating the time?
    Do you have an event that matches the time shown?
    Good question. Right now is says 3h 56m and it's 7:44am. That puts the next times event at 11am. Unfortunately, I have a 7am, 11:40am and 3pm today and three all day events.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Still trying to figure out what's wrong when finding the next event. Code looks good, but...

As for moving forward in the database, the time to next event should show the time between NOW and the first event shown in the agenda list (which might be 14 days from NOW). If you move backward so that all events displayed are prior to NOW, time to next event should show nothing.

I've used your suggestion for 1d 2h or 2h 30m. And changed the range for the number of days to display - now goes from 1 to 31.

I don't know if it's possible to access the alarms database - it's not a part of Calendar. Will take some research.
    Wow. I post a message yesterday and less than 12 hours later you have read the suggestion, considered it, kindly decided you agree with it, coded it, and posted a new version with the changes. What are you trying to do? Win the most responsive developer ever in the history of the universe prize? Thank you!! I look forward to the return of the donate button after 1.2.

The calculation is better but still has some lurking bugs. This morning I was 1h 55m from first appt at 9am. I added an 8am appt, refreshed, and it changed to 1d xxm. Tried closing app and re-opening - same. Removed 8am appt, display went back correct.

Right now it is 9:32am so I am past my 9am appt and my next is 3:30pm. Display shows 23h 28m. Looks like it is showing time to my 9am tomorrow, which is a separate appt from my 9am this morning. They both repeat weekly and have same text, but they are independent appointments.

I am currently displaying 1 day (Thank you again!), and if I arrow back, display changes to "Mon Sep 28 - 22h 2..." (cut off), if I arrow forward display is "Wed Spt 30 - 23h 0..." (cut off). So whatever bug is affecting the correct current day calculation is also messing up the off current day calculation.
  7.    #307  
    Version 0.4.7 uploaded.

Bugfix only - the "Time to Next Event" should be working properly now.

Apologize for the frequent bugfix updates. Anybody want to volunteer to beta test before I send this stuff out to the masses?
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    What are you trying to do? Win the most responsive developer ever in the history of the universe prize? Thank you!! I look forward to the return of the donate button after 1.2.
    Didn't know there was such a competition. What's the prize?

I am currently displaying 1 day (Thank you again!), and if I arrow back, display changes to "Mon Sep 28 - 22h 2..." (cut off), if I arrow forward display is "Wed Spt 30 - 23h 0..." (cut off). So whatever bug is affecting the correct current day calculation is also messing up the off current day calculation.
    The time calculation and display should be correct now (typo in code - "start" is not the same as "Start" in javascript...!

However, I don't know why your display was truncated (22h 2...) There should be plenty of room in the menu bar for the date and time left to display. Are you using a different font?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Nice work! It's working right for me now.

as for the updates, I'm not sure anyone cares but if you want them tested first, I'm game.
    Version 0.4.7 uploaded.

Apologize for the frequent bugfix updates. Anybody want to volunteer to beta test before I send this stuff out to the masses?
    I don't mind, hit me up.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Version 0.4.7 uploaded.

Sure, I'm up for it.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Version 0.4.7 uploaded.

haeffb

Dude! My guess is there's at least 55 of us who love the frequent updates and are, in fact, your 'more than willing' beta testers!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    count me in
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Dude! My guess is there's at least 55 of us who love the frequent updates and are, in fact, your 'more than willing' beta testers!
    Ok, point taken. However, I hate to be pumping my download count on the Homebrew gallery by sending out umpteen updates that just fix bugs.

Not that there's anything wrong with a high download count...
    Ok, point taken. However, I hate to be pumping my download count on the Homebrew gallery by sending out umpteen updates that just fix bugs.

A humble developer with a great app cannot be beaten. Good work, sir!
  16.    #316  
    I have re-enabled the donate button. Please note that this app will be rendered inoperable whenever Palm decides to break the undocumented API. It is highly likely that Agenda will cease to operate at some point. If you still want to donate, feel free to hit the button below, but I can't/won't guarantee that Agenda has a future.

Ideally, Palm will release an official method to read other app's Calendar data in the future, and Agenda can live on...we'll see what the future holds. I should also note that it's possible that Agenda could show up (potentially as a paid app?) in the App Catalog if that were to happen. In that event, I don't know that I'd be able to provide free version(s) to those who donate...although given the current Palm policies a free beta version would be always be available in Homebrew.
    Most useful app I have found. Palm should do more then put it in their catalougue, they should buy it from you and make it standard on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Yeah, I have thought about the download count inflation; I'd rather see a real count - Users x Apps
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Yeah, I have thought about the download count inflation; I'd rather see a real count - Users x Apps
    I couldn't care less about the download count. I'd rather have a responsive developer and bugs removed and new features added quickly. Just my $0.02.
    Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere (I skimmed most of the pages of the thread and didn't see anything), but today I noticed a potential bug in Agenda that seems like a pretty big one. One of the events in my main exchange-based calendars was missing from the Agenda screen. The thing that's different about it from my other events is that I was invited to this event by somebody else. It's still in *my* calendar, but they are the owner. I'm guessing that somehow affects a field in a database somewhere and is causing agenda not to see it. If you're not using an exchange or outlook based calendar for development (I'm actually using Zimbra), this might be tricky to reproduce, but I'm willing to do what I can to help.