Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 742
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #281  
    Great job on this app!

    Suggestion: Make today's agenda have a different background color so as to distinguish it from other days. The dividing line between days still do a poor job.
  2. #282  
    New version fixes the hanging problem. Now loads lightning-quick. This is a must-have app that has replaced the stock Calendar on my quick launcher. Thanks for the hard work!
  3.    #283  
    Version 0.4.5 uploaded

    Adds preference to display "Time to Next Event" in view menu. Will display the current date and the time to the next event in dd:hh:mm format.

    Note that the time to next event is not perfectly synchronized with the clock - it looks like it's off by a minute at times because it updates once a minute, not necessarily on the minute. I could set the timer to fire more often, but don't know what kind of performance/battery hit that might entail.
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.4.5 uploaded

    Adds preference to display "Time to Next Event" in view menu. Will display the current date and the time to the next event in dd:hh:mm format.

    Note that the time to next event is not perfectly synchronized with the clock - it looks like it's off by a minute at times because it updates once a minute, not necessarily on the minute. I could set the timer to fire more often, but don't know what kind of performance/battery hit that might entail.
    Not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, but when implementing the new feature "Time to Next Event" this is what I get "Sun Sep 27 - - 14515:..." and if I move forward in time I still get the Current date and "14515:.." part. The future date does not seem to work for me. Any ideas?
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, but when implementing the new feature "Time to Next Event" this is what I get "Sun Sep 27 - - 14515:..." and if I move forward in time I still get the Current date and "14515:.." part. The future date does not seem to work for me. Any ideas?
    When is your first timed event? Or do you have any timed events?
  6. #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    When is your first timed event? Or do you have any timed events?
    Oh I suppose that's it, all of my events are currently All Day Events.
  7. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #287  
    I'm not seeing the time to next event. I have the option sey to on and two timed events in a day. ??
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I'm not seeing the time to next event. I have the option sey to on and two timed events in a day. ??
    What is showing in the view menu (the space between the <- and -> arrows)?
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I'm not seeing the time to next event. I have the option sey to on and two timed events in a day. ??
    I'll add a fix to the next version so that it won't show a time to next event if you have no timed events in the current agenda list. Uh, good catch!
  10. #290  
    I still cannot get Quick Events to launch. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I have read here.

    Can anyone confirm any particular apps or calendars that affect this app?
  11. #291  
    LOVE this app!
  12. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    What is showing in the view menu (the space between the <- and -> arrows)?
    Uh oh, maybe I was missing it. I was looking *in* the calendar info. It's in the top menu bar, I think. It says Sun Sep 27 - 4:10:50. But I'm confused. It's 10:10 pm and my next scheduled event is 7 am tomorrow. That's 8 hours and 50 mins. What does the 4:10:50 mean?
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Uh oh, maybe I was missing it. I was looking *in* the calendar info. It's in the top menu bar, I think. It says Sun Sep 27 - 4:10:50. But I'm confused. It's 10:10 pm and my next scheduled event is 7 am tomorrow. That's 8 hours and 50 mins. What does the 4:10:50 mean?
    It's not finding the right event. 4:10:50 means four days ten hours fifty minutes. Back to the drawing board...
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I still cannot get Quick Events to launch. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I have read here.

    Can anyone confirm any particular apps or calendars that affect this app?
    You are using the current version of Quick Event? I think it's 0.2.0.
  15. #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    You are using the current version of Quick Event? I think it's 0.2.0.
    Many thanks. I was using 0.1.2. For some reason, Preware never alerted me to the upgrade.
  16. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #296  
    I am really glad you added the requested time to next event feature. And the improvements in loading are great.

    The time to next event does seem way off. At 6am my first event was 8am and the display was 1:2:50. It is also odd what it does if you arrow forward or back, in my case 7 days.

    I would also suggest that the current dd:hh:mm display is not ideal. You might consider for events more than 1 day away something like "1d 14h" and for events in the current day "4h 23m". Much more readable, especially for the more than 1 day. Also the less than one day reads more like a count down whereas the original at a glance looks more like clock time.

    Do you have access to the alarm database? Sometimes the next alarm is more interesting than the next event. Also the Pre lacks an alarm manager. One of the things I used to do on the Treo with datebk was when starting a weekend or vacation check the alarm queue to make sure I did not miss turning off a 6am annoyance.

    One last question / suggestion - Your choice of number of days to display has a minimum of 7 days. Is there any good reason for that? Philosophically as a programmer I bristle at what appear to be arbitrary limits (like the Pre stock limit of 3 app pages). There are also times when I don't care what is happening 2 days from now, or even tomorrow. I just want to focus on today.

    Thank you for all your work! This is in daily use and much appreciated.
  17. #297  
    I like this app a lot too and have replaced the calendar icon with Agenda on my quick launch bar. Just a couple of suggestions.

    1. Add the ability to create a wallpaper that is on the desktop with today's agenda. Have you seen the app Weatherman? I like how it creates a desktop wallpaper and sets it as the regular wallpaper. Unfortunately, we can't put hot links on it or anything but we could then just see the agenda on our desktop for either today or for a couple of days.

    2. The look of the app is just too boring. Fine if you are using it to check upcoming events occasionally, but to leave it running and front and center it is way to boring. How about the ability to change colors in the background and set the text to either black or white depending on the darkness of the background. Again, Weatherman does a pretty good job of this although I would like to be able to use my wallpapers. This would be especially important if you included suggestion #1 above.

    Thanks for the app!
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
  18. #298  
    I have seen this app but never looked into it enough to know how much I needed it.... Love what you have done, and I have also put this in my quick launch bar in place of the calender.
    I give this app 2 thumbs up
  19. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.4.5 uploaded

    Adds preference to display "Time to Next Event" in view menu. Will display the current date and the time to the next event in dd:hh:mm format.

    Note that the time to next event is not perfectly synchronized with the clock - it looks like it's off by a minute at times because it updates once a minute, not necessarily on the minute. I could set the timer to fire more often, but don't know what kind of performance/battery hit that might entail.
    Working fine so far, on 1.2 :-D

    Thanks again,
    -JerryG
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    I am really glad you added the requested time to next event feature. And the improvements in loading are great.

    The time to next event does seem way off. At 6am my first event was 8am and the display was 1:2:50. It is also odd what it does if you arrow forward or back, in my case 7 days.

    I would also suggest that the current dd:hh:mm display is not ideal. You might consider for events more than 1 day away something like "1d 14h" and for events in the current day "4h 23m". Much more readable, especially for the more than 1 day. Also the less than one day reads more like a count down whereas the original at a glance looks more like clock time.

    Do you have access to the alarm database? Sometimes the next alarm is more interesting than the next event. Also the Pre lacks an alarm manager. One of the things I used to do on the Treo with datebk was when starting a weekend or vacation check the alarm queue to make sure I did not miss turning off a 6am annoyance.

    One last question / suggestion - Your choice of number of days to display has a minimum of 7 days. Is there any good reason for that? Philosophically as a programmer I bristle at what appear to be arbitrary limits (like the Pre stock limit of 3 app pages). There are also times when I don't care what is happening 2 days from now, or even tomorrow. I just want to focus on today.

    Thank you for all your work! This is in daily use and much appreciated.
    Still trying to figure out what's wrong when finding the next event. Code looks good, but...

    As for moving forward in the database, the time to next event should show the time between NOW and the first event shown in the agenda list (which might be 14 days from NOW). If you move backward so that all events displayed are prior to NOW, time to next event should show nothing.

    I've used your suggestion for 1d 2h or 2h 30m. And changed the range for the number of days to display - now goes from 1 to 31.

    I don't know if it's possible to access the alarms database - it's not a part of Calendar. Will take some research.

Posting Permissions