Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    When I tap the QuickEvents icon, that program does not load. Is this a known bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    When I tap the QuickEvents icon, that program does not load. Is this a known bug?
    This was a problem for me at first. I reloaded Quick Events from homebrew and that seemed to solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Glad it's now working for you.

I think all those who previously reported problems now have it working again. Is there anyone else...?
    My agenda quit working after I ran the WebOSRepairUtility and it fixed some files related to the calendar. Now agenda just says "reading events" but doesn't load anything. I've tried installing/uninstalling multiple times.

edit. It will say .... Reading Events indefinately until I hit the top gray bar where it says "loading info", then my events will show up. It does this every time I close-reopen the app, any thoughts?
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 09/24/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    don't feel guilty, our donations were to applaud your efforts and i know i'm not alone in saying agenda is phenomenal!
    ageed!!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Don't feel guilty, our donations were to applaud your efforts and I know I'm not alone in saying Agenda is phenomenal!
    In complete agreement. Your work and, more importantly your attitude towards the user community, has been exceptional! Agenda and TaskAdder are two of my most used apps.

There are others (cough cough) that has demanded donations to get non-crippled versions or alphas (which I'm not totally against) and then have disappeared, shown annoyance at the user community, and have generally shown less respect for those that have given donations as you have
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    This was a problem for me at first. I reloaded Quick Events from homebrew and that seemed to solve the problem.
    Removed and reinstalled via QI and Preware. No dice. Any other ideas?
    "hit the top gray bar where it says "loading info", then my events will show up. It does this every time I close-reopen the app, any thoughts?" - TechFirstAid

Same here.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    It will say .... Reading Events indefinately until I hit the top gray bar where it says "loading info", then my events will show up. It does this every time I close-reopen the app, any thoughts?
    Thoughts - Keep hitting the top gray bar?

(Ok, I thought it was funny...!)

It is apparent there are some bugs in reading events at the moment. I'll be looking into them as soon as I get an opportunity. Maybe this weekend.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    "hit the top gray bar where it says "loading info", then my events will show up. It does this every time I close-reopen the app, any thoughts?" - TechFirstAid

Same here.
    Same problem for me.
    Steve
    So check this out. I was getting the ... Reading Events.... issue. Last night I removed unused apps. One of which was Flixster. After removing it I saw it saying that it was removing the Flixster movie Synergy account in the notification tray. I then tried Agenda and it opened right up with no ...Reading Events... issue/bug.

How many of you have Flixster installed? I wonder it is having issue with that Synergy account.

If you have it installed, try uninstalling it and try Agenda again.
    So check this out. I was getting the ... Reading Events.... issue. Last night I removed unused apps. One of which was Flixster. After removing it I saw it saying that it was removing the Flixster movie Synergy account in the notification tray. I then tried Agenda and it opened right up with no ...Reading Events... issue/bug.

How many of you have Flixster installed? I wonder it is having issue with that Synergy account.

If you have it installed, try uninstalling it and try Agenda again.
    Nope. Deleted Flixster and still have the stalling issue. I don't think the issue is calendar-specific, as I have one-by-one turned off all my calendars with no resolution.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have Flixster installed but rarely use it. I don't think there's any data in that calendar.

I've only had the Reading Events stall once and a quick exit and restart solved it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Nope. Deleted Flixster and still have the stalling issue. I don't think the issue is calendar-specific, as I have one-by-one turned off all my calendars with no resolution.
    Thats interesting. I wonder why it worked for me then. Seems like something was hosing the app. I thought it was flixster. It looks like it is getting "caught" on an account.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It looks like it is getting "caught" on an account.
    That got me thinking... I have "US Holidays" as a calender on google but Columbus Day wasn't showing up agenda. I was having the loading bar problem too; so I removed that calender and now it works fine.

Now I'm wondering if there will be a problem w/ googles new "contact birthday" calender...
    haeffb, did you change the way you read the cals? it looks like the settings are conflicting with the info it pulls frmo the calanders. Are you pulling the info into your app then manipulating it before you put it on screen, or are you just tossing everything on to the screen and turning off the sections for cals and names, notes etc. there?
  16.    #276  
    Version 0.4.4 uploaded

This version does NOT contain any new features. However, I've rewritten the code that gets and displays Calendars and Events from the Calendar app. I've also added a couple of debugging tools that will hopefully help me to figure out why some people are having troubles.

If 0.4.3 is working fine for you, you may not want to bother with downloading the new version.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I was having the same "Loading Info" problem in the old version. 0.4.4 fixed it - thanks!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Me and my wife coordinate a delicate act of schedules between kids, work and everything else. Is there anyway to email a calendar event to a person and once they open their email click on the link and auto add it to their calendar?

Might be a nice feature for your app.

Thanks,

Obijuan
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Me and my wife coordinate a delicate act of schedules between kids, work and everything else. Is there anyway to email a calendar event to a person and once they open their email click on the link and auto add it to their calendar?

Might be a nice feature for your app.

Thanks,

Obijuan
    You can do this with Google calendars. My wife and I have our own calendars so we can both share events and view each others.
    Hey haeffb, d00heden has came out with a birthday app. Is there anyway that can be put in as a shortcut at the bottom like quick event?