Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I am not having any issue with the app loading properly. Works great for me, thanks for all your hard work on this app haeffb.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I initially saw both the "verification page" and experienced getting stuck on "reading events." After rebooting the Pre, everything worked perfectly. I love this app!

-X
    Deleted, rebooted, reinstalled, and now it seems to be working.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    I initially saw both the "verification page" and experienced getting stuck on "reading events." After rebooting the Pre, everything worked perfectly. I love this app!
    Working for me, too. Didn't reinstall or reboot. Just started working again.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Did everything mentioned above and still stuck on reading events. I'll try uninstall and reboot one more time.
  6.    #246  
    When you go to Preferences, does it show your Calendars, or is the Calendars list blank?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    It shows all the calendars.
    With the donation button being removed will we need to donate again when 1.2 comes out?
  9.    #249  
    No! you will not need to donate again. I am (at least slightly?) concerned that Agenda might break on the release of WebOS 1.2. As I stated originally, this App uses an undocumented API that I've been told by Palm will break at some point in the future. They have not told me when it will break. They have said that they think some official way to read Calendar data will be in some future release of the WebOS SDK, but my reading of the situation is that it is likely that Agenda will break before Palm implements a supported way to do what Agenda does. I hope that doesn't happen, but there is a very real possibility that it will.

With that being said, I'm feeling guilty about accepting the donations that I've already gotten and I don't want any more...at least until I'm certain that I have a usable product for the long term.

If it does break, I'll do what I can to do the right thing for those who have already donated. One option, that I was considering doing before I read about the undocumented API, would use the Google API to read my (the users) Google calendar and provide an Agenda based on only that one calendar. Not quite as useful as the current solution and it means duplicating some of what the Palm Calendar is already doing, but it would still work for me as I keep (nearly) all my Calendar info in Google...

So there is a path forward, but I haven't done enough research into Google's API to have a handle on how long it might take. Hopefully, Agenda will work in WebOS 1.2 and my immediate concern will be for naught.

Edit: Forgot to say THANKS!!! to all those who've already donated.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Don't feel guilty, our donations were to applaud your efforts and I know I'm not alone in saying Agenda is phenomenal!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Don't feel guilty, our donations were to applaud your efforts and I know I'm not alone in saying Agenda is phenomenal!
    I second that!

As an aside, should we be deleting Agenda before upgrading to 1.2? Or is that only necessary for tweaks?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Agenda works great on the leaked 1.2.

I have had no problems with it so far.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I second that!

As an aside, should we be deleting Agenda before upgrading to 1.2? Or is that only necessary for tweaks?
    Only for tweaks. You shouldn't have to remove any apps, thought there is a chance the update may break some.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Any other suggestions? i've tried numerous uninstall and reinstalls. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Any other suggestions? i've tried numerous uninstall and reinstalls. Thanks.
    Attempted one more time and when I tapped on the top while it was loading, all the events appeared. Not sure what was going on, but all is good now.
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Attempted one more time and when I tapped on the top while it was loading, all the events appeared. Not sure what was going on, but all is good now.
    Glad it's now working for you.

I think all those who previously reported problems now have it working again. Is there anyone else...?
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
    Agenda works great on the leaked 1.2.

I have had no problems with it so far.
    That is great news. Hopefully it'll keep going for a long while...
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    No! you will not need to donate again. I am (at least slightly?) concerned that Agenda might break on the release of WebOS 1.2. As I stated originally, this App uses an undocumented API that I've been told by Palm will break at some point in the future. They have not told me when it will break. They have said that they think some official way to read Calendar data will be in some future release of the WebOS SDK, but my reading of the situation is that it is likely that Agenda will break before Palm implements a supported way to do what Agenda does. I hope that doesn't happen, but there is a very real possibility that it will.

With that being said, I'm feeling guilty about accepting the donations that I've already gotten and I don't want any more...at least until I'm certain that I have a usable product for the long term.

If it does break, I'll do what I can to do the right thing for those who have already donated. One option, that I was considering doing before I read about the undocumented API, would use the Google API to read my (the users) Google calendar and provide an Agenda based on only that one calendar. Not quite as useful as the current solution and it means duplicating some of what the Palm Calendar is already doing, but it would still work for me as I keep (nearly) all my Calendar info in Google...

So there is a path forward, but I haven't done enough research into Google's API to have a handle on how long it might take. Hopefully, Agenda will work in WebOS 1.2 and my immediate concern will be for naught.

Edit: Forgot to say THANKS!!! to all those who've already donated.
    Speaking of the Google API: could it be possible to read google tasks and integrate that into Agenda?

Really miss Datebook where the tasks were completely integrated with the calendar
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Speaking of the Google API: could it be possible to read google tasks and integrate that into Agenda?

Really miss Datebook where the tasks were completely integrated with the calendar
    That would be a huge win if it could display Google Tasks. Currently, the Pre is lacking a great task manager.
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post

It is possible. I've got some sort of tasks integration on my to-do list for a future version. It may be awhile.