Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I will be trying this out tonight for the 1st game. Will test it out over wifi and evdo.

Opps, the game tonight is national televised game so it will not be on NFL sunday ticket.

Will have to wait until this Sunday.
    Last edited by brain26; 09/10/2009 at 07:09 PM.
    I too was looking for a test run on a game I don't really care much about. Oh well. I will test it Sunday
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ok guys,

I wish I had my video camera with me but I am not home so just a quick review until next week.

I am using EVDO with full bars and streaming from the DirecTV mobile app. It works great and the quality is very good. Very similar to what you would expect from a good youtube video. All you do is login and choose what game you want to watch. There is very little lag and the audio takes a minute or 2 to catch up to the video once you load the game.

Overall, if you have DirecTV Superfan (as I do) this will be a godsend to use if you are not home on Saturdays. Next week I will do a full video review of it when I get home.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Here are some scrrenshots

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ok, it's been streaming for over 30 minutes now and no lag at all. Evdo looks to be fast enough to stream and I have also tried the wifi here at my hotel. It gets about 130k so very similar to evdo. Both are able to keep up with stream.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Do you have to have superfan to watch live games or will just the basic nfl ticket do?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmandc View Post
    Do you have to have superfan to watch live games or will just the basic nfl ticket do?
    Need to subscribe to Superfan
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i tried it out today and i love it... i was all over the place with this app..worked great..
    Man Oh Man this Has To Be the Best Phone Ever So Far.I Watch 5 Games Today From My Palm Pre And Man It Was Really LIVE.. THANK YOU PALM AND DIRECTV FOR BRIGING this together man KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
    Agree! This app kicks as much **** as my Eagles D did today. It Alone is worth the superfan price IMO
    Do you have to have the direct tv game plan to use this? Or do you just pay the $5.99 a month to watch the games?
    "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    Mike Tyson
    Quote Originally Posted by rafalek2000 View Post
    Do you have to have the direct tv game plan to use this? Or do you just pay the $5.99 a month to watch the games?
    You do need to be s subscriber and a superfan subscriber as well. Was awtching the Gmen as I walked the dogs... It worked great!!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Anyone care to PM me with thier email and password for the app so I can use the app watch it on my pre??????????..my apartment complex is unable to get direct TV Would be nice if there was a 'generic' login out there for all to use...
    Funny one...As much as the Ticket is I don't believe that Directv would even allow such a thing. In fact, you can have one connection. If you are logged into your laptop and watching the games, the app on the Pre tells you that you already have a connection. So good luck getting a "generic" login.
    The past two days I am getting the following message trying to connect with the Directv superfan application : "Login Error - Error connecting. Please try again." I can connect on my PC without any issues with the same logon.
    Can't wait to fire up this app again for todays games. Wonder how much data this app uses to stream the games. Best app so far
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by amcfarla View Post
    The past two days I am getting the following message trying to connect with the Directv superfan application : "Login Error - Error connecting. Please try again." I can connect on my PC without any issues with the same logon.
    I'll go try it out and see if I am having the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    I'll go try it out and see if I am having the same error.
    I got the same error you did while trying to login. Hope its fixed in a hour.....

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had same problem but downloaded again and it worked
    Deleting and re-downloading worked for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast