Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    It would be nice if there was a way to run PalmVNC in the the 320x480 (5.0 High-Density + DIA API?) resolution to get more screen real estate. The control surface at the bottom looks pretty but would rather have more app space for those that can support it.

MotionApps classic is a great program otherwise!
    I agree. I've been wondering why this hasn't been implemented yet.
    wondering if there is a way to run slings pam mobile player in classic on pre
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Just had an odd thought:

If MotionApps Classic supported fullscreen 320x480, this would significantly increase incentive to use the older PalmOS SDK as it has more features than the current Mojo framework. (Better PIM functions, Graphics, Networking, File I/O, Sync, etc)

On the other hand, it wouldnt surprise me to find that Palm has restricted MA from producing a fullscreen version of Classic for this reason as well.
    Last edited by zonyl; 09/07/2009 at 03:16 PM.
    Why should we have to buy classic when this is supposed to be a PALM phone? It should be left as it was with all the new stuff as well, then we're talking about a really new & updated PALM phone. Classic just looks & works like a fake palm anyways. It doesn't work with all the other palm apps either. I would like to be able to use my writing program as well. When the treo 700 came out they gave you a choice, P or W. I think they should have given us a choice here as well.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I think they should add a Tungsten-style slider function - tap the gesture area twice to slide the bottom controls offscreen, tap again to bring them back up.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    wondering if there is a way to run slings pam mobile player in classic on pre
    Looks like it only supports audio. I just tried it on Classic after the 1.2 update. The audio is a little choppy also and I sometimes lose my connection.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyr View Post
    Why should we have to buy classic when this is supposed to be a PALM phone? It should be left as it was with all the new stuff as well, then we're talking about a really new & updated PALM phone. Classic just looks & works like a fake palm anyways. It doesn't work with all the other palm apps either. I would like to be able to use my writing program as well. When the treo 700 came out they gave you a choice, P or W. I think they should have given us a choice here as well.
    Probably the idea was to pay the development costs of the software and not raise the price of the phone for everyone (some people don't care about the old PalmOS). True that some apps don't work, but I'm satisfied so far with my $30 investment. That being said, I would love to have 320x480 and increased compatibility... I'd even be willing to pay for an upgrade for that. WebOS 1.2 partially broke Classic at least for the moment which annoys me greatly, but I am hoping MA will fix it ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    WebOS 1.2 partially broke Classic at least for the moment which annoys me greatly, but I am hoping MA will fix it ASAP.
    Yes, we're working late (early?) hours to address this ASAP.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Thank you for the update and support. I also would love to see Classic 320x480 suppot. Maybe move interface controls (left, right, up. Etc) to the touchscreen edges & standard Home, Contacts, etc buttons to the jesture are. Most users of PalmOS remember where the buttons used to be and moving them to the gesture area just seems natural especially if you truly want native 320x480.

Either way, keep up the great work. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. I think I speak for all the users on the board, that our confidence in you goes way up when we are heard and understood regarding the product, and also included in the communication loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. I think I speak for all the users on the board, that our confidence in you goes way up when we are heard and understood regarding the product, and also included in the communication loop.

Then we're on the same page.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyr View Post
    It would cost too much for Palm to ship two versions of the same device with only an application difference between them. Besides, for what Motionapps was given - early SDK, short time frame - I'm impressed at what they accomplished. I bought my Pre a month after it was made available and downloaded Classic the next day. Within three days of using it flawlessly with my existing apps off my Tungsten I was convinced they were on the right track. I happily gave over $30 because I knew that it would go to good use and only encourage further development. I'm also happy with the general attitude of the company (Motionapps) and the willingness to listen to customers and really address issues in a timely matter ("late/early hours" - above and beyond ). Classic is by far the most used app on my phone aside from the web browser and I am glad to have spent money on a quality product. It's like having two devices in one, and it's cheaper!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Agreed! Love the new WebOS and love Classic. Best of both worlds! Looking forward to the update! Thanks MA!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Well it looks like there will be no 320x480 resolution support. Unfortunate as implementing the API would have been a great value to making an alternative development platform for this phone.