Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    To Shadavis 08:

Do I need to remove apps for the update since I am over the Palm limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    My guess is that they removed it so the email app would load fasted. It's much less work to just list the headers. It was a neat feature but probably not widely used.
    Maybe I'm confused....the pinch I'm talking about is once you open an email, you can pinch to zoom, the same way you do with the browser.

I know there is another pinch feature, the one where you can pinch and see a partial preview of the email. I can live without that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Maybe I'm confused....the pinch I'm talking about is once you open an email, you can pinch to zoom, the same way you do with the browser.
    No, that's still there. The pinch he's referring to is in the message list. You used to be able to spread your fingers sideways on a message and it would show the contents instead of just the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    you donate to them today...this could change in the future.

my point remains...if you've paid for or donated to a homebrew (or other unofficial) app, how can Palm refund you if they delete the app?
    once you donate you have no guarantee that you get to keep the app or that it will be replaced or anything like that. that is my point . when you pay for something you expect something out of it ,and if it dont work then you ask for your money back .when you donate its totally diff. .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, that's still there. The pinch he's referring to is in the message list. You used to be able to spread your fingers sideways on a message and it would show the contents instead of just the title.
    Ok...no problem...I never really used that "pinch."
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    To Shadavis 08:

Do I need to remove apps for the update since I am over the Palm limit?
    no i dont believe it will mess with your apps !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    once you donate you have no guarantee that you get to keep the app or that it will be replaced or anything like that. that is my point . when you pay for something you expect something out of it ,and if it dont work then you ask for your money back .when you donate its totally diff. .
    ....are you suggesting that it's ok for Palm to remove homebrew apps because people did not pay for them?
    what im saying is if you donate the developer could pull the app and you could say nothing at all because you donated your money period. so if their app goes to the store they can do that if they want to . not saying that its right or wrong in any respect. do you not understand that? or do you always read way to deep into things
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    what im saying is if you donate the developer could pull the app and you could say nothing at all because you donated your money period. so if their app goes to the store they can do that if they want to . not saying that its right or wrong in any respect. do you not understand that? or do you always read way to deep into things
    I'm not accusing you of anything or trying to read too much into what you're writing. I'm just trying to understand first.

In your note above are you saying that the developer can pull their apps from the Pre?

If you go back to the original exchange, it was all about Palm's (yet to be confirmed) ability to remove programs from the Pre. It seems Palm indicated they would provide refunds if they had to do so. My point was that this might not apply to homebrew apps because they were not purchased from Palm's official app store.

And so that's why your comments were confusing me. What were you trying to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    ....are you suggesting that it's ok for Palm to remove homebrew apps because people did not pay for them?
    Palm would be committing suicide if they removed homebrew apps, in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Will the homebrew apps be more or less the "beta test" section and then once the app is ready for prime time, will the developer then submit to Palm for inclusion in the "official" app catalog?

Or, will some developers just submit to homebrew only and rely on what donations they can get from there?

Lots of different scenarios. I can see Palm "mining" the homebrew section for cool app ideas and then developing them on their own for the app catalog, so in that instance there would be incentive for the developers to submit to the official catalog anyway.

Will Palm allow "free" apps in their catalog? Some developers actually develop apps and give them away.

Lots of questions, lots of possibilities. I have a feeling Palm will do the "right thing" at least at his point in time.
    I'd doubt that they have the capability to delete anything that hasn't been installed via the App Catalog, though I could be wrong on that one. I suppose we'll see in the coming weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd doubt that they have the capability to delete anything that hasn't been installed via the App Catalog, though I could be wrong on that one. I suppose we'll see in the coming weeks.
    I agree with you. It's too much work for a company with limited resources. Also, there would be additional legal exposure since it means that homebrew apps that are not removed are 'implicitly' approved by Palm. If something bad happens Palm would then be somewhat liable.

But I too could be wrong. If Palm does this then I suspect they'd have to remove ALL homebrew apps. But then that defeats the purpose of allowing side loading and beta testing of homebrew apps.

So I vote that this purging will be limited to apps purchased from the official app store.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    @dnic they will b sooner or later wether its by application or update or homebrew you will get what you want on ur phone for sure lol i know i will and have most of what i want already and the update takes care of a couple too lol
    Yea I got my phone patched to the limit lol. It would be nice not to have to re-enable all of them after an update though.
    @dnic i understand that but hey you get what you got when you get it the way you got it right lolol, just messin , im with you on that but maybe on the next update.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This is a silly question, but is the notification sound the 1.0 bright version or the 1.1 version that sounds like it's coming through a pillow? I haven't seen anyone comment on this, but if I'm wrong sorry in advance. Kindly point me to the answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Yea I got my phone patched to the limit lol. It would be nice not to have to re-enable all of them after an update though.
    Well, some of the changes made in official updates could mean that you no longer require certain patches or tweaks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Um, how do you "loose" a donation? A true donation is given without any expectation of anything in return.

Or was it really a payment of some kind ;-)

-- Rod
    From what I have read there is a paid and a free version of My Tether. So if anyone has the paid version then that is not a "donation". I would want and expect that if I was told something would work fine and I actually paid for it, then it better work fine.

Now if someone has the free version and did make a legit donation then you can't expect anything in return. You donated to a cause because you found it useful.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    is anyones app store not working i keep getting "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later"
    Ive gotten that continuously since I applied the update.
    Was the webkit build updated at all?
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast