Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    There are still two huge, basic features missing from this phone...stuff I've had on phones since 2003.

1 - No video on a phone with this kind of power?
    2 - No recurring reminders available after you miss a message or have a text waiting.

The second one is the biggest. I missed a potentially job-killing message last Sunday because I didn't check my phone for about 4 or 5 hours. I'd really like a sound every 10 minutes, or at least to have a one of those glowing lights pop up every few minutes to catch my eye...
    1. I think, palm was going to roll out video but after seeing what the iPhone 3gs they had to hold off and at the very least have edit capabilities.

2. I agree, they should use little numbers on the icons of things havent seen.
    Why reoccuring reminers for text? if you swipe away a text then you must not need to be reminded of it. just keep the icon at the bottom until you no longer need to address it.

so I guess the contact/facebook sync is still all or nothing then?
    thats true ha!!
    is this the official leaked 1.2 updated features/functionality thread? i'm confused. please update the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    is this the official leaked 1.2 updated features/functionality thread? i'm confused. please update the thread title.

yes its officially leaked 1.2 lol its not official though HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by enee1 View Post
    according to palminfocenter the new update also has the ability for Palm to remotely remove programs. (I can't post a link since I don't have enough posts) I wonder if they will start removing homebrew applications or just programs downloaded from the App Catalog.
    That will bury them if they even think about it.

According to them: In the file "usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\app\controllers\apprevokedalert_scene.html", we can see this info-text: "Palm had to delete this application from the App Catalog and your device. If you paid for this app, your money will be refunded."
    Amazon had done the same thing with the Kindle, mainly to remove pirated/illegal copies that somehow got added to their on line store. They weren't too popular with the move and Jeff Bezos sent out an apology.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/05/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Reminder adding via Universal Search & blink notifications make me a very happy Pre hacker 1.2 looks to be an exciting launch!
    @enee1 bummer if thats true
    what about text message forwarding? did they fix that? I didn't see it in the list
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    what about text message forwarding? did they fix that? I didn't see it in the list
    Because you're the first to ask that and all...

If it was added, it'd be in the list.
    according to palminfocenter the new update also has the ability for Palm to remotely remove programs. (I can't post a link since I don't have enough posts) I wonder if they will start removing homebrew applications or just programs downloaded from the App Catalog.

According to them: In the file "usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\app\controllers\apprevokedalert_scene.html", we can see this info-text: "Palm had to delete this application from the App Catalog and your device. If you paid for this app, your money will be refunded."
    This is horrible news. By far the worst thing I have heard if Palm actually uses this to remove homebrew apps especially something like my tether. If they use this power, it better be to remove apps that they have found to be malicious but leave everything else alone. It would be horrible feeling of violation to go to launch an app and find that Palm went into your phone and removed it. That could be a game changer for me a far as keeping with the Pre and I can only imagine the immense backlash that would happen if they did this for no other reason than money or at the prodding of their carriers. As of now I wont care too much unless we start hearing stories that this is happening.
    I don't think anyone has checked this out yet. With this latest update, do we now have more room to install apps, without having to fear the Not Enough Memory Space error message?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    This is horrible news. By far the worst thing I have heard if Palm actually uses this to remove homebrew apps especially something like my tether. If they use this power, it better be to remove apps that they have found to be malicious but leave everything else alone. It would be horrible feeling of violation to go to launch an app and find that Palm went into your phone and removed it. That could be a game changer for me a far as keeping with the Pre and I can only imagine the immense backlash that would happen if they did this for no other reason than money or at the prodding of their carriers. As of now I wont care too much unless we start hearing stories that this is happening.
    Whoa, hold on there. Where does it say ANYWHERE that Palm WILL remove applications? For all you know, it could just be protecting users like you from malicious applications. What are the chances that they'll actually HAVE to use it? This really isn't that big of a deal AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Whoa, hold on there. Where does it say ANYWHERE that Palm WILL remove applications? For all you know, it could just be protecting users like you from malicious applications. What are the chances that they'll actually HAVE to use it? This really isn't that big of a deal AT ALL.
    Did you read my whole post or just the first line?
    Umm..amazon did that with 1984 on the Kindles. They're still fighting a PRPRPR $battle$. $I$ $wouldn$'$t$ $worry$.
    It was good to see a smart answer to a good question but none the less if it wasn't asked before people now know the answer, hopefully they take the time to read everything first. . Everything seems great and I for one cant be happier with my phone the good and the bad, you cant have everything but who says you cant try.
    I think it can be agreed by most that removing apps without good reason would be PRPRPR $suicide$. $Not$ $that$ $anyone$ $here$ $is$ $gonna$ $go$ $all$ $chicken$ $little$ $about$ $this$. $But$ $somehow$ $I$ $think$ $that$'$s$ $gonna$ $make$ $engadget$ $or$ $BGR$.
    here here rusty taco eater i second that motion ha!!!
    maybe they would if you were linked to a terrorist or something ,you think? lol