Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    When it's wide like this entry box (on quick reply at the bottom of the page) it zooms to the left half so that it shows up to where the ? in "Quote message in reply?" is (which with the Pre's font size is just a little past the button for the quote button at the top of the box). The zoom does not follow the cursor unfortunately though.
    bummer thanks for confirming it though, even if it's bad news heheh. i hope it gets fixed with the final release too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Seems like you couldn't change the partition size without formatting it... I could be wrong though.
    LVM allows changing patition sizes without formatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    LVM allows changing patition sizes without formatting.
    Neat, learn something new every day I don't know much about partitions and how linux manages them, I always just used cfdisk or the GUI ones on the install discs...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Someone posted that it does only a JPG for screen captures, but it still does both a JPG and a PNG.
    Yeah, my mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I almost wonder if this thread should be retitled UnOfficial 1.2 Updated Features/Functionality.
    I agree. It's not official until it's released. Things could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I agree. It's not official until it's released. Things could change.
    Do you really think the core info in this thread is going to change? These are all pretty excellent changes, and are stable, why would they take them away?
    No, not everyone knew this thread was dealing with a "leaked" or "beta" version of 1.2. That did not become clear until some 100 postings or so.
    But that does not mean that we are not getting some valuable information.
    Do you really think the core info in this thread is going to change? These are all pretty excellent changes, and are stable, why would they take them away?
    I don't know....why did they take the email pinch away (according to your list.) I found that very useful.

At the very least, maybe Palm will see this thread, realize someone accidentally disabled the email pinch and then add it back in.

I guess I'm just use to people jumping the gun on Firefox releases, posting the FTP link to the "new" version, only to find that something gets changed in the "official" release.

Still, thanks for the time you spent compiling the list. I'll be looking forward to the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcycle View Post
    No, not everyone knew this thread was dealing with a "leaked" or "beta" version of 1.2. That did not become clear until some 100 postings or so.
    But that does not mean that we are not getting some valuable information.
    You didn't? I posted in the FIRST POST that it was. How was it not clear?

Here's the exact verbage, just for good measure

*Disclaimer: I do not suggest installing this, unless you are familiar with rooting your phone and can disable the UpdateDaemon. This update is, as far as I'm concerned, experimental, beta, and definitely not supported by Palm, since it isn't official. My suggestion is to wait for the official release. This update has a build date of 8/30, so its already a few days old, I'm guessing the final release will have a different build date, and hopefully incorporate some of the changes mentioned in the other thread.
    If this LED Notification thing turns out to come live with 1.2, I may (Ill have to ask Anne here) but I may just name our first born Elysian893....it has a subtle ring to it!!

Thanks for everything you and everyone else on here is doing to let us in on what palm is doing...I tend to think that they are going to be doing some serious updating each month. What a hell of a competitive advantage!
    "Theres an app for that" VS "its like a new phone every month!"
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    If this LED Notification thing turns out to come live with 1.2, I may (Ill have to ask Anne here) but I may just name our first born Elysian893....it has a subtle ring to it!!

Thanks for everything you and everyone else on here is doing to let us in on what palm is doing...I tend to think that they are going to be doing some serious updating each month. What a hell of a competitive advantage!
    "Theres an app for that" VS "its like a new phone every month!"
    It'd be very nice to have the LED notifications, thats for sure. You could always just go with Adam, that's a much nicer name
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Has anybody tested if you can invite meeting attendees in the calendar?

Thanks!
    "Theres an app for that" VS "it's like a new phone every month!"
    lol i love this quote so much.
    I'm excited to hear about all the new changes, but I would like to know if the phone functionality improved at all. I've read how people have been missing calls because the Pre did not respond quickly enough to commands given, etc. Is this still the case, even though this is just a leaked version of the impending 1.2 update? Is the 'phone' part of the Pre more reliable now?
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I'm excited to hear about all the new changes, but I would like to know if the phone functionality improved at all. I've read how people have been missing calls because the Pre did not respond quickly enough to commands given, etc. Is this still the case, even though this is just a leaked version of the impending 1.2 update? Is the 'phone' part of the Pre more reliable now?
    I posted a vid in the 1.2 vid thread, thus far it does seem improved, though that didn't stop me screwing up answering in the vid
    Just got an update notice that an update will be installing at next charge. Being that Upgrades showed 1.1 as an upgrade, looks like Palm is forcing 1.1 back on Pres to eliminate support issues with App Catalog being down.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Just got an update notice that an update will be installing at next charge. Being that Upgrades showed 1.1 as an upgrade, looks like Palm is forcing 1.1 back on Pres to eliminate support issues with App Catalog being down.
    Did you disable the update Daemon?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    So let me get this strait, the virtual keyboard patch will not work with 1.2?
    they may add more stuff is what they mean by changes but i guess they could take stuff away too but not likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they may add more stuff is what they mean by changes but i guess they could take stuff away too but not likely
    and no matter what changes, the first post can still be updated.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast