Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no way to cleanly apply a webOS Doctor image to the Emulator, since binaries in the doctor are for the ARM instruction set, and the Emulator requires binaries compiled for the X86 instructon set.

It would be like trying to run a Nintendo game on an XBox.

You can try and copy applications over, but since a lot of the APIs are in binaries, then many of them will not work properly.

-- Rod
    thanks rod... no go. i will wait for new sdk/emulator
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    There is an option that was disabled by default, I just enabled it by removing some commented code. The LED then blinks when your screen is off and you have a notification.
    Ok - so where is the file located? Which one? for the rest of us who would like to be saved the time of diving into it right now

- D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Uncomment lines 54,55, and 248-251.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html:
    Uncomment 92-97 and 101-103.

ENJOY!

Go to screen settings are flip the switch afterwards to enable blinking notifications and your golden
    Thanks! I'm going to look into this!
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Thanks! I'm going to look into this!
    Not a problem, it works great..!

... I wonder what other functionality is commented out that just needs to be found.. The hunt begins!
    Last edited by SMKOUT333; 09/05/2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: other thoughts
    Does blinking led blink with missed calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you go to a contact, you can now send your contact as a vcard.vcf file via MMS, Email, or Send it to a Car Kit.
    So still no Bluetooth sending of Contacts/Calendar-entries via OBEX vcf/vcal?

Well then it seems we have to wait for a big bluetooth update with 1.x to get bt OBEX file transfer and more A2DP headsets to work
    Oh I forgot, about notifications....did they go back and fix notifications. You know, when you get a notification you get a preview then goes to icon instead of it just being an icon when it comes in? I like that preview line before turning into the icon.
    Nope, no OBEX yet, but Object Push Profile is what most car kits use anyway, apparently. But yeah, I want OBEX as well.
    thx - so there is certainly hope, they will adress this in the future. having contacts to send as .vcf-format via mail is the first step

I hope we'll get this feature sooner than the iphone - although it's a pity these industry-standards for smartphone (even usual phones) isn't supported for both right now.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Does moving the cursor on memos still take two slow taps to move it to the location you tapped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Yes! I just tested this, and absolutely, you can. You press the orange key while sliding your finger, just as if you were scrolling through normal text. Adding this to the list
    i can do this now with the current 1.1 ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    Has the version of Classic been updated? There were supposed to be bug fixes for it coming in the next webos release.

Thanks.
    Classic is an app, updated through the App Catalog, thats where you should expect updates to come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Classic is an app, updated through the App Catalog, thats where you should expect updates to come from.
    Actually the Classic service is included in webOS updates.
    Actually the Classic service is included in webOS updates.
    Is it? It's been updated through the App Catalog in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I cant figure out why in the hell palm keeps removing useful functions like email pinch.
    I'm hoping that is a mistake that they will correct before the release. If not, then maybe it can be added back in with a tweak.
    Can be looked at that this is 1.2 but that doesn't mean Palm will send this version out, they could push out 1.2.1 out for the public masses and thus still making this thread the official 1.2 thread.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    can you post a video of the phone app? I'm reading that the lagginess of it is now gone in 1.2... the slowness of the phone app is a major problem in 1.1
    @jhoff or elysian, could you elaborate on the zoom-to-text-input-box function a little bit more? specifically, this is what i'm wondering about. the text box i'm using to type this message is more wide than it is tall, so even when it's zoomed in it's pretty tiny. does the zoom actually zoom in to only half the width, and then the box moves as you type? or does it do something else? thx.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @jhoff or elysian, could you elaborate on the zoom-to-text-input-box function a little bit more? specifically, this is what i'm wondering about. the text box i'm using to type this message is more wide than it is tall, so even when it's zoomed in it's pretty tiny. does the zoom actually zoom in to only half the width, and then the box moves as you type? or does it do something else? thx.
    go watch his demo video.... you can see it in action....
    thx but it's not what i'm asking. "text input box" is diferent than a text field. a text input box is multi-line and usually wider. it's what you typically have in a forum to type a message. a text field is a single line entry box and tends to be not as wide. the video is of the text input box and not a text field.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I almost wonder if this thread should be retitled UnOfficial 1.2 Updated Features/Functionality....simply because this could just be part of the finished update and some things could change...but that's being kinda nit picky.....
    +1
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast