Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 409
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay tethering has almost definitely been purposely disabled in the Wifi driver. If I go to the Terminal and follow the manual instructions:

    wifidriver -i
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid PreNet

    I get the following message:
    Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device eth0 ; Invalid argument.

    Bluetooth tethering using My Tether is working properly though. (Turn on USB tethering, then connect to the Pre via Bluetooth PAN).
    I am guessing you are on a mac and there for usb tethering you are unable to test? if you can test usb tethering please let me know i hope they didnt remove USBNet capabilities.

    I have sent an email to Aonic if you could report more of your findings on mytether if you have any that be great maybe PM me to keep this thread on topic.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2. willyrick's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #42  
    Any chance the low volume issue has been addressed (both speaker and handset)?

    how about disabling or at least partially muting the in-call alerts and notifications?

    TIA
  3. slyfox's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #43  
    I thought the My Tether was promised to work no matter what update. Did I just loose my $10 donation? Please tell me they are going to address this ASAP.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    I thought the My Tether was promised to work no matter what update. Did I just loose my $10 donation? Please tell me they are going to address this ASAP.
    dont panic silly 1.2 is a leak as soon as it is released i am sure if possible it will be taken care of. I dont see how you lost 10 bucks if it was a donation to support the cause. It is clear Bluetooth tethering is working means usb tethering probably is to as long as palm didnt mess with usbnet which i dont think they did.

    plus i dont think it was promised anywhere to work no matter what.
    MatterOfFactJack
  5. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #45  
    Can't we just revert to the old driver?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    As for My Tether, if Palm removed the commands we need from the Wifi driver, it might not be fixable unfortunately.
    .
    hum i dont see why we cant use an old driver. besides as loing as we have usb tethering i am happy BT tethering is okay to.
    MatterOfFactJack
  7. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #47  
    I want to tether to my mac netbook as well as my nintendo DS and possibly even an ipod touch. Only wifi works on any of them.
  8. slyfox's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    dont panic silly 1.2 is a leak as soon as it is released i am sure if possible it will be taken care of. I dont see how you lost 10 bucks if it was a donation to support the cause. It is clear Bluetooth tethering is working means usb tethering probably is to as long as palm didnt mess with usbnet which i dont think they did.

    plus i dont think it was promised anywhere to work no matter what.
    It was promised when I asked the My Tether before I made the "donation" I knew 1.2 would have some changes and I know how much Sprint hates the fact My Tether was created So I asked the question and the response I got was that It will work no matter what the patch is. I guess as long as USB is working it was still worth it. Just one more cable I have to take with me on business trips. All in all no biggie. I'm sure it will be addressed.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    There is an option that was disabled by default, I just enabled it by removing some commented code. The LED then blinks when your screen is off and you have a notification.
    Do you have to root your Pre to enable that? I really hope Palm makes this feature standard issue soon!

    Contact pictures along with the SMS notification sounds cool too!
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I am guessing you are on a mac and there for usb tethering you are unable to test? if you can test usb tethering please let me know i hope they didnt remove USBNet capabilities.
    Sorry, but not going to test this one. While I'm not on a Mac, I don't install anything to my PC that I don't need myself, to help prevent all the crap buildup a PC usually gets over years (especially in the Windows registry).
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    It was promised when I asked the My Tether before I made the "donation" I knew 1.2 would have some changes and I know how much Sprint hates the fact My Tether was created So I asked the question and the response I got was that It will work no matter what the patch is. I guess as long as USB is working it was still worth it. Just one more cable I have to take with me on business trips. All in all no biggie. I'm sure it will be addressed.
    i just could not figgure out why you were panicing for a none official app. this is true homebrew my friend unlike a lot of the other homebrew apps which will end up in the app catalog mytether never will and we will never know what palm will do to stop it. but the 10 dollars goes towards supporting the developer to reverse whatever palm might throw out and for his hard work it is optional considering he has a free version to. but just know it has not gone to waste none of us knew what 1.2 would do to the pre. there is always a chance for tethering to be broken. but with that there is always a greater chance that it will be fixed again.
    MatterOfFactJack
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sorry, but not going to test this one. While I'm not on a Mac, I don't install anything to my PC that I don't need myself, to help prevent all the crap buildup a PC usually gets over years (especially in the Windows registry).
    lol all it is, is a driver but thats ok whatever makes you happy. if there is others with 1.2 and mytether if possible please see if usb tethering is broken or not.
    MatterOfFactJack
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    lol all it is, is a driver but thats ok whatever makes you happy.
    Drivers are part of the crap too.
  14. #54  
    I almost wonder if this thread should be retitled UnOfficial 1.2 Updated Features/Functionality....simply because this could just be part of the finished update and some things could change...but that's being kinda nit picky.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Drivers are part of the crap too.
    in case you change your mind.... just know usb is faster than bluetooth and also allows for ssh/sftp a lot smoother

    USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals
    (note with dhcp on you will not need to manually set ip)
    MatterOfFactJack
  16. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    Not sure if this mentioned but text fields on web pages no longer automatically capitialize the first letter, thank god.
    Yes, that is really nice. It is so annoying having usernames and other case sensitive stuff get auto capitalized.
  17. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #57  
    Ouch hopefully My Tether wifi could be fixed. That's one of my favorite features of the phone.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    I thought the My Tether was promised to work no matter what update. Did I just loose my $10 donation? Please tell me they are going to address this ASAP.
    Um, how do you "loose" a donation? A true donation is given without any expectation of anything in return.

    Or was it really a payment of some kind ;-)

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Um, how do you "loose" a donation? A true donation is given without any expectation of anything in return.

    Or was it really a payment of some kind ;-)

    -- Rod
    thats what i said. haha hey could you point me to the post to how to isntall the new doctor to emulator? i cant remember which thread you put it in.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    thats what i said. haha hey could you point me to the post to how to isntall the new doctor to emulator? i cant remember which thread you put it in.
    There is no way to cleanly apply a webOS Doctor image to the Emulator, since binaries in the doctor are for the ARM instruction set, and the Emulator requires binaries compiled for the X86 instructon set.

    It would be like trying to run a Nintendo game on an XBox.

    You can try and copy applications over, but since a lot of the APIs are in binaries, then many of them will not work properly.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions