Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Just keep in mind, before the official 1.2 comes out, if you want to update to it as it seems they added more since the leaked version, you will still have to revert back to 1.1. Going from the leaked 1.2 to official 1.2 will more than likely brick you phone and have to webosdoc it. The new version will be looking for 1.1 files to upgrade, therefore they will be out of sorts and....well....you can guess what will happen. In my opinion instead of web docing two times within a week or so, I would wait. That's just my opinion. That's why I reverted back to 1.1. Also there are very limited tweeks available right now for 1.2. (no message forwarding, rotation...exc)
    Yeah ... I understand all that but it is good to mention. I might test it anyway as well. I mean what is the worst that could happen?
    Elysian, any idea how frequent the OS update reminders are for those who are not rooted?
    So the NEXT button on the "connect your phone" screen is greyed out...anyone know what to do? Should the phone be in USB mode or just charge? OR media sync?
    ok, awrnsmn answered my question:
    "You have to turn your phone off, turn it back on while holding the volume up button. A large usb logo will appear. Then it should be reconized."

Seems to be working now...couldn't wait any longer. Not being able to search emails is kind of a show stopper for me...
    Are they EVER going to add Yahoo Messenger!!!!!

[Moved to correct thread by moderator]
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: [Moved to correct thread by moderator]
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Are they EVER going to add Yahoo Messenger!!!!!
    That's not what this thread is about

Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: [Moved to correct thread by moderator]
    Wow, sorry. I thought it was about the featured on 1.2. Was just disappointed about Messenger not being listed.

Can anyone see if this notification code is still here? I'm not a *nix guru enough, nor is my phone rooted.. But I'd totally uncomment it if it's still there

all that's needed is to remove the commenting from lines 54-55 and lines 248-251 in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $as$ $well$ $as$ $uncommenting$ $lines$ $92$-$97$ $and$ $lines$ $101$-$103$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$views$/$securityconfig$/$securityconfig$-$scene$.$html$ $then$ $voila$, $you$'$ve$ $got$ $the$ $option$ $to$ $enable$ &$quot$;$Blink$ $Notification$&$quot$;.
    Craig, I meant QuickInstall not jailbreak. I have updated to 1.2 and guess I'll just wait till that is working with 1.2. Maybe tomorrow or Monday. As far as the dreaded Rom screen, the person at Sprint was surprised, we tried all the hard reset methods and none worked, just this text on a black sceen that had "rom" in the script. They gave me a new phone, not sure if installing QuickInstall did it or something else, since I can't find anyone else mentioning the problems and 100's of people have installed it, just have been a phone problem? I do have a Pre and pretty happy.

Thanks for you response.

Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Beachboy,

You don't jailbreak a Pre or do anything like that. Developers have found how to gain access to the Linux operating system. But typical users just download Homebrew apps.

I don't think that the Pre has a "dreaded black ROM screen of death".

Maybe you have a different phone?

- Craig
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021