Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Pm me and I'll e-mail you the jar
    A jar of pickles........ sorry couldn't help myself
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Ya...pickles...lmao. Webos internals has a how to disable updates....again, you'll have to search there, I don't have the link.
    I have the jar, just don't know how to use it ;-)
    And how long can you put off the auto-update for?
    anyone??
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I have the jar, just don't know how to use it ;-)
    Open it, and eat the pickles...

Yeesh.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I repeat: anyone know how long can you put off the auto-update for?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Until you change it to allow it to update
    Thanks awrnsmn, I mean on a non-rooted phone, if you install the 1.2 you'll get auto-update reminders - how long can you put that off before the Palm tries to kick you back to 1.1?
    Thanks.
    It will ask you every time you plug in from now on if you want to update. Just hit no, it shouldn't have a limit.
    oh, ok - I thought it would force you to "update" after a certain amount of time as in: "next time you charge, your update will begin" type thing.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The tweek will block it until you allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I pushed Install Later some 10 times before I finally went in and disabled updates...
    Hmm, so it still seems a bit unclear whether you can press clear repeatedly forever or if it's forced...thanks for sharing guys.
    Yes, but not everyone is interested in rooting...
    Lovely, thanks.
    So Mr. bp, do you feel installing 1.2 was worth it? (looks pretty good to me. I am tired of waiting for the official download anyway.)
    So Mr. bp, do you feel installing 1.2 was worth it? (looks pretty good to me. I am tired of waiting for the official download anyway.)
    Well for me it was worth it for now. I am getting a replacement Pre in 2 days so I figured why not. I will probably not reinstall it on the other one once I get it. The absolute best thing that they enabled is email searching and copy and paste. It is going to be pretty cool when it officially comes out.
    FYI.. I went from 1.2 leaked version to 1.1 by accident because I clicked on the update now instead of install later...and it bricked the phone. Luckily I was able to use WebOS Doctor to reinstall 1.1 as I couldn't find my WebOS Doctor 1.2. Also I wanted to see if the WebOS Quick Install would work properly with 1.1 as it didn't work for 1.2.
    I love the fact that if I brick it... it still can be re-imaged.. not like when you brick something when you screw up a flash upgrade and it dies thus turning your system into a worthless piece of crap. Remember 1.2.x is being released tomorrow! Yea!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    FYI.. Remember 1.2.x is being released tomorrow! Yea!
    Maybe!
    rumor is it might get delayed again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!