Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Has anyone tested mytether with 1.2?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    isn't the open-link-in-new-card available in 1.2 via orange-click? that's one fewer key to press.
    Yeah, it is, though I think Gesture + tap would've been better as well because you can do that without sliding open the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the "roam only" hack on 1.2?

Does it still work or needs some fix again?

TIA
    There are still two huge, basic features missing from this phone...stuff I've had on phones since 2003.

1 - No video on a phone with this kind of power?
    2 - No recurring reminders available after you miss a message or have a text waiting.

The second one is the biggest. I missed a potentially job-killing message last Sunday because I didn't check my phone for about 4 or 5 hours. I'd really like a sound every 10 minutes, or at least to have a one of those glowing lights pop up every few minutes to catch my eye...
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    isn't the open-link-in-new-card available in 1.2 via orange-click? that's one fewer key to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It works.
    Yeah, it is, though I think Gesture + tap would've been better as well because you can do that without sliding open the keyboard.
    Thanks for clearing those up for me guys I for one would be happy as long as its there... orange sym was a ***** to press so orange tap works for me
    Last edited by jack87; 09/05/2009 at 12:33 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Has the version of Classic been updated? There were supposed to be bug fixes for it coming in the next webos release.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    Has the version of Classic been updated? There were supposed to be bug fixes for it coming in the next webos release.

Thanks.
    Haven't used Classic since the second time my 7-day trial expired. Someone posted a list of changed files and Classic's files were in there, but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't even be able to download it to check because I can't access the App Catalog right now.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Will I need to delete apps to make room for the update. I can't get palm updates due to all the homebrew I have installed?
    Anyone in a fringe single area get this on? Looking to see if the bouncy radio has calmed down a bit....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Anyone in a fringe single area get this on? Looking to see if the bouncy radio has calmed down a bit....

Another update - Not really important - but they reduced the size of the palmpre intro video from 7mb to 6.1 - the difference is that they cut the text at the end of the video that tells you to goto the HELP icon to learn more, and then says "Have Fun" - So i guess they don't want us to have that much fun anymore

- D2G
    whoa...that's kinda trippy...

It works.
    Actually I might have to take that back. The app acts exactly like it is working, but unless my PC is having issues (might be possible) I can't actually see the SSID of the Pre's Wifi.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm still not showing it as an update. Anyone have any idea when we should see 1.2? I've seen on other blogs/posts that it will be out today. Any truth to that?
    Actually I might have to take that back. The app acts exactly like it is working, but unless my PC is having issues (might be possible) I can't actually see the SSID of the Pre's Wifi.
    ouch... hope sprint didnt push them to disable it. try usb tethering if you can.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/05/2009 at 01:16 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Okay tethering has almost definitely been purposely disabled in the Wifi driver. If I go to the Terminal and follow the manual instructions:

wifidriver -i
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid PreNet

I get the following message:
    Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device eth0 ; Invalid argument.
    thanks for sharing your findings
    MatterOfFactJack
    has the web downloading feature been throughly tested? i mean what works and what doesnt? ringtones, documents, compressed files (even if cant extract yet, but download nevertheless) etc.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Have you tried usb/bt tether?
    you can hit edit then delete.
    Oh yeah.. I knew that.

Updated post above to clarify that Bluetooth tethering w/ My Tether is working still.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast