Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    I may have missed it, but has anyone confirmed if you can install more apps with 1.2? I assume this HAS TO have been fixed because there will be waaaay more apps once the new paid app store is up. I remember the max was something like 50 or 60. I still remove apps whenever I want to install a new one.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    ok who else wants a notification light everytime u get a text or an email? I have 4 email accounts on my Palm Pre, so I think it would be on all night!
    I have the light and love it. It was not on by default in the leaked version but is very easy to comment out the lines to get it. For those that don't want it, if it is enabled by default, I think it would be very easy to comment it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I have the light and love it. It was not on by default in the leaked version but is very easy to comment out the lines to get it. For those that don't want it, if it is enabled by default, I think it would be very easy to comment it out.
    i'm hoping they add the notification light for missed calls and texts, but make it optional to turn it on for emails since some of us get so much crap email constantly.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i'm hoping they add the notification light for missed calls and texts, but make it optional to turn it on for emails since some of us get so much crap email constantly.
    That would be great!! Best idea yet.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Or, just give the user the choice to customize for what and how the light shows up, depending on the type of message/call.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Or, just give the user the choice to customize for what and how the light shows up, depending on the type of message/call.
    yea, that would be even better, but I was trying to be less stingy with my requests to start off. But I'm totally with you on that!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    A few weeks ago I got sick of getting a lot of useless email so I unsubscribed a bunch of stuff and set up a ton of GMAIL filters to mark as read the stuff I want but don't particularly care about. I now only get a fraction of the "new mail" notifications and everything is much more manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sick of getting a lot of useless email so I unsubscribed a bunch of stuff and set up a ton of GMAIL filters to mark as read the stuff I want but don't particularly care about. I now only get a fraction of the "new mail" notifications and everything is much more manageable.
    very good idea with the mark as read thing! I'll have to try that out. Hope it works.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    It does work, but I wish there was a way to do something like "mark as Read after 2 days". Generally, if I a m going to ignore osmething for more than 2 days, I probably aren't going to ever deal wit hit.
    Wish there was a way to delete a number of e-mails at one time, like click the top check box and it marks everything and then click there gone.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Had my Pre for a week, decided I would hold off doing the jailbreak until 1.2 is out. Hopefully it will be soon.

I tried to install jailbreak on a day old phone and got the dreaded black ROM screen of death. Tried everything to reboot, hard and soft, no dice. Had to take the phone in and get a replacement after only one day. Fortunately got a new phone, forgot to take in the charger and cable, now I have two.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Had my Pre for a week, decided I would hold off doing the jailbreak until 1.2 is out. Hopefully it will be soon.

I tried to install jailbreak on a day old phone and got the dreaded black ROM screen of death. Tried everything to reboot, hard and soft, no dice. Had to take the phone in and get a replacement after only one day. Fortunately got a new phone, forgot to take in the charger and cable, now I have two.
    Beachboy,

You don't jailbreak a Pre or do anything like that. Developers have found how to gain access to the Linux operating system. But typical users just download Homebrew apps.

I don't think that the Pre has a "dreaded black ROM screen of death".

Maybe you have a different phone?

- Craig
    I cant find quick install 2.0.3 anywhere. I see the webpage its suppose to be on but no link to download it. When upgrading to webos 1.2.. quick install 2.5 does not work.

can someone post the direct link for me please?
    thanks
    How about some better power management? The battery is absurd!
    Did anyone figure out how? Are there instructions?
    You have to use the leaked webosdoctor version that has the beta/leaked 1.2.0 image
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I had it and just went back to 1.1. Is there any need to go to 1.2 now? There is a link to it and you run it like webosdoc. You should be able to search for the link.
    Ok, anyone know where the link is? Those threads are awfully long...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Pm me and I'll e-mail you the jar
    The next question I have is how do you stop automatic updates? For some reason I cannot find a thread that tells you how.