Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Ya, i'm sure it does have to do with that. Maybe my thinking is wrong, but why do you think it is a bug? Just curious.
    Because it normally doesn't flash one time whenever the screen turns off. It's not just the button that flashes like if you enable the notification light, it's the whole gesture area that flashes very quickly. It also does it when webOS is booting.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Those of you running the leaked webos 1.2 - are you able to setup EAS?

My EAS accounts don't work anymore (worked fine before, and working fine in emulator running webos 1.1.. but not under 1.2..)

-mark
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Anyone know if the battery percent tweek works on 1.2. I tried the patch, not quick install and it kills the icon all together. Has anyone tried it thru quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Anyone know if the battery percent tweek works on 1.2. I tried the patch, not quick install and it kills the icon all together. Has anyone tried it thru quick install?
    It's not gonna be any different, the quick installer just does a patch, probably the same one you did...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It's not gonna be any different, the quick installer just does a patch, probably the same one you did...
    All right thanks.
    So no video?
    Any chance Palm will ever fix the Bluetooth so it will work as well as the Palm 800W?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
    Battery percent patch works fine on 1.2 in WebOS Quick Install.
    Great...i'll try it. Thank you. EDIT....worked great. I tried the other patch and it cleared the entire top of the phone. This one worked...so thanks again.
    Last edited by awrnsmn; 09/18/2009 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlstone View Post
    Any chance Palm will ever fix the Bluetooth so it will work as well as the Palm 800W?
    why would you ask that in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    So no video?
    don't you think that'd be a major announcement by now? Rhetorical questions FTW!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I am rhinking that flickr support will come with Yahoo messenger.
  12. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Palm app store timeline. Seen on Gizmodo, sorry if its a repost

13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Leaked Web OS 1.2 Updated Features/Functionality
    Are there any more things to add to the op since the last update 9/8/09?

- Craig
    This probably has been discussed, however any rumors to a Facebook app debuting next week?
  15. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think Palm said it would launch alongside the Pixi later this fall.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Uncomment lines 54,55.. and 248-251.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html:
    Uncomment 92-97.. and 101-103.

ENJOY!

Go to screen settings are flip the switch afterwards to enable blinking notifications and your golden
    It would really great if this could be added in the WebOS Quick Installer....
    Here we go(stole the original list to start):

• Find-as-you-type search support in Email
    • App Catalog updated to support purchasing apps
    • Web browser enhanced
    • auto zooms to forms
    • download in browser enabled (including opening pdfs)
    • better rendering of mobile pages
    • Orange+click context menu on links
    • save images
    • "Real" copy and paste
    • shift tap to select areas of text in the browser allows for copy and paste.
    • Select All option in Edit menu
    • Save images in browser(Not GIF, assuming JPG and PNG only, Orange+click to do this)
    • Clock app allows you to turn off alarms when mute switch is on
    • The full Facebook page now saves your login info, and is much easier to use because of auto zooming to text boxes
    • Speed increases across the board, notifications are much snappier
    • Dialer is snappy, minimal to no lag on anything
    • Selecting text and scrolling through text boxes is smoother, more accurate, and selects full words now
    • Can now disable Data(EVDO) and use WiFi in conjunction with standard voice service(Major battery saver, though there is an issue with it, you cannot make WiFi stay active when the screen is off and the phone isn't plugged in)
    • Can now copy entire conversations in Messager
    • Displays phone number when using the phone, instead of just Mobile or Home etc
    • If you are on the main screen or launcher.. in you press gesture+v to paste, it will start a global search with whatever you pasted.
    • Tasks now gives the option to sort in "My Order" (how things were entered), by due date, or priority.
    • Email search, though it only searches subject and sender right now
    • No more having to manually link AIM contacts to people if you already have that AIM name in the Google profile
    • The default Pre Ringtone has changed
    • Text Notifications now include a contact picture
    • Pinch to expand emails has been removed.
    • Updated mojo framework (200.18) on 1.1 it was 191.15(Probably responsible for the performance increases across the board)
    • Sprint Configuration is now v1.8
    • There is a "Send all to Car Kit" option in the Contacts Application now
    • Calendar now has additional preference setting for "Calendar View Options" to set the color of your calendars and to show them in the "All Calendars" view.
    • WAV's now play directly from email(though I can't figure out how to save them)
    • Sound alerts while on a call no longer deafen you
    • When you get an incoming call the number now shows up at the top of the locked screen instead of the bottom (so it's not hidden by the "slide up to answer" button anymore.)

On the WebOS Quick Installer, I've tested the mods to see which work, and I can tell you which ones not to try:

Don't do anything to the Messager
    Don't do anything to the Email client
    I'm also assuming don't do anything to the PDF Viewer

4x4 icons works, Hiding Nascar and NFL work, Call Duration in Call Log works, changing logos/backgrounds still work, Silencing the dial tones still works, and Add/delete launcher pages works. Thats the stuff I tested(besides PDF Viewer).

Feel free to add anything I might have missed, and I'll update the OP.

*Disclaimer: I do not suggest installing this, unless you are familiar with rooting your phone and can disable the UpdateDaemon. This update is, as far as I'm concerned, experimental, beta, and definitely not supported by Palm, since it isn't official. My suggestion is to wait for the official release. This update has a build date of 8/30, so its already a few days old, I'm guessing the final release will have a different build date, and hopefully incorporate some of the changes mentioned in the other thread.[/QUOTE]

Question:

So when you say " Don't do anything to the Messager" are you suggesting the forward text msg tweak in the WebOS Quick Installer should be disabled prior to upgrading to 1.2?
    im still just pissed there is no notification light.. UGH!
    ok who else wants a notification light everytime u get a text or an email? I have 4 email accounts on my Palm Pre, so I think it would be on all night!