Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    where did u read that from?
    from that feature not being in the list at the beginning of this topic...?
    Thanks for the information. So this is actually not endorsed by palm or is it homemade? Whats the deal?
    Since they will be changing the APP catalog to support the purchase of APPs does anybody know if we can expect that long awaited landslide of APP's to arrive shortly after the update?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Ok...I've noticed something new (to me anyway), with the launcher open, instead of like before, swiping down to close it, swipe up in the gesture area and that will close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Ok...I've noticed something new (to me anyway), with the launcher open, instead of like before, swiping down to close it, swipe up in the gesture area and that will close it.
    This works in 1.1 as well, and I believe previous versions as well.
    Hey, I don't think this has been asked yet, but sorry if it has:

With the current 1.1 I (along with many other people) are experiencing random shut downs of the pre. Is this still happening with 1.2? I dont know if the 2 (?) people that have 1.2 were experiencing the problem, but if they did and it went away with 1.2 (which is what some people were hoping would fix the problem) that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Hey, I don't think this has been asked yet, but sorry if it has:

With the current 1.1 I (along with many other people) are experiencing random shut downs of the pre. Is this still happening with 1.2? I dont know if the 2 (?) people that have 1.2 were experiencing the problem, but if they did and it went away with 1.2 (which is what some people were hoping would fix the problem) that would be awesome.
    the random shut downs are due to a small battery fo to sprint they should give you a new one that fits.. If not you can stick little bit of paper on top of battery when pleacing it in the free it will fix it
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellibedaboss View Post
    This works in 1.1 as well, and I believe previous versions as well.
    OK, then to me anyway. (crap...hate when that happens)
    SPRINT TO PUSH WebOS 1.2.0 UPDATE LATER TODAY!

Read more in the ETHOPIAN REVIEW article posted on the net at: Sprint to Push WebOS 1.2.0 Update Today | Ethiopian News
    That Ethiopian article seems to have been written after the first leak which we all know about - it's old news. (he seems to be referring to the original 9/8 cancelled push date.)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    That Ethiopian article seems to have been written after the first leak which we all know about - it's old news. (he seems to be referring to the original 9/8 cancelled push date.)
    ++
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the random shut downs are due to a small battery fo to sprint they should give you a new one that fits.. If not you can stick little bit of paper on top of battery when pleacing it in the free it will fix it
    I never had any problems with random shut downs prior to 1.1 and the shut downs are not always from closing the slider. Alot of times ill just pull it out of my pocket and it will have shut off sometime before. (happened about 4 times tonight). That makes me think its not from the battery being small, but i may go by sprint anyways.

/thread hijack.

Hopefully this update comes soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    that's one of the first things I checked. The var partition is still 32mb.
    How can Palm ignore this? How is this going to spur development if one cannot even load up the apps that are available now? This is utter stupidity.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    How can Palm ignore this? How is this going to spur development if one cannot even load up the apps that are available now? This is utter stupidity.
    I was mistaken on the partition size, the 32mb partition I'm not really sure what it's for The var partition is 256mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I was mistaken on the partition size, the 32mb partition I'm not really sure what it's for The var partition is 256mb.
    I am safe in assuming it is still 256 in 1.2?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I am safe in assuming it is still 256 in 1.2?
    Yeah, but the limitation isn't a space limitation currently...
    Is there any way to delete multiple emails at once with webos 1.2? I took email off of my pre because it took way to long to delete all of my junk mail. I want to be able to have an option to select all email and then deselect the emails that i want to keep so that I can just delete the junk. Its too much of a pain to swipe to delete 30 junk emails every day.
    On another note, I think there is a good solution for the WiFi radio kicking off while the phone is in sleep mode with Data Usage turned on, via the Homebrew section.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nodoze

I'm gonna give it a shot tonight and see how my battery fairs. Could be the answer to my problem. It definitely works as advertised.
    Last edited by Elysian893; 09/15/2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by houston17 View Post
    Is there any way to delete multiple emails at once with webos 1.2? I took email off of my pre because it took way to long to delete all of my junk mail. I want to be able to have an option to select all email and then deselect the emails that i want to keep so that I can just delete the junk. Its too much of a pain to swipe to delete 30 junk emails every day.
    Just a tip swipe each link quickly and they will remove. You don't have to wait for the swipe to go through and than wait for the next one to move up. like swipe the first line and the following one right away and you can do this right down the row until they all disappear and wait for the entire page to move up. Hope this helps if you didn't know about it.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Can't wait until this officially releases!!