Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    I have version 1.1 and I dl videos all the time from the web.

What sites can't you download videos from? Are you able to download them from the sites on your PC?
    I'am in the UK so I don't have one yet! I just wanted to know if videos could be download through the browser and saved on the phone to be played back at a later time.
    Thanks G.
    Has syncing with google calenders been fixed?

Mine are set up but none sync.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post

Not that I have noticed. You still have to hit the sync button for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Not that I have noticed. You still have to hit the sync button for it to work.
    Hmm, odd. My events sync all the time, sometimes almost instantly, and no I do not go and press "Sync Now". The calendar app is still slow as '*****' tho, switching days or views smh. From what I seen in the 1.2 preview vid.. minimallag, but I will Gladly accept that improvement though. Cant wait..

Where the "rumor" of the new vidcam addition tho? All this new stuff but that's still MIA. Is the Pre's cam not capable? Why hasn't any developer/hacker found out how to make that happen? I'd love it, wouldnt care if it wont ever have it but... seems odd to me tho.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellibedaboss View Post
    Hmm, odd. My events sync all the time, sometimes almost instantly, and no I do not go and press "Sync Now".
    Same here. Never had a problem with the sync to Google Calendars and I'm still running 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Moderator's note: This thread is just for new features found. Discussion posts are now here.

Here we go(stole the original list to start):

• Find-as-you-type search support in Email
    • App Catalog updated to support purchasing apps
    • Web browser enhanced
    • auto zooms to forms
    • download in browser enabled (including opening pdfs)
    • better rendering of mobile pages
    • Orange+click context menu on links
    • save images
    • "Real" copy and paste
    • shift tap to select areas of text in the browser allows for copy and paste.
    • Select All option in Edit menu
    • Save images in browser(Not GIF, assuming JPG and PNG only, Orange+click to do this)
    • Clock app allows you to turn off alarms when mute switch is on
    • The full Facebook page now saves your login info, and is much easier to use because of auto zooming to text boxes
    • Speed increases across the board, notifications are much snappier
    • Dialer is snappy, minimal to no lag on anything
    • Selecting text and scrolling through text boxes is smoother, more accurate, and selects full words now
    • Can now disable Data(EVDO) and use WiFi in conjunction with standard voice service(Major battery saver, though there is an issue with it, you cannot make WiFi stay active when the screen is off and the phone isn't plugged in)
    • Can now copy entire conversations in Messager
    • Displays phone number when using the phone, instead of just Mobile or Home etc
    • If you are on the main screen or launcher.. in you press gesture+v to paste, it will start a global search with whatever you pasted.
    • Tasks now gives the option to sort in "My Order" (how things were entered), by due date, or priority.
    • Email search, though it only searches subject and sender right now
    • No more having to manually link AIM contacts to people if you already have that AIM name in the Google profile
    • The default Pre Ringtone has changed
    • Text Notifications now include a contact picture
    • Pinch to expand emails has been removed.
    • Updated mojo framework (200.18) on 1.1 it was 191.15(Probably responsible for the performance increases across the board)
    • Sprint Configuration is now v1.8
    • There is a "Send all to Car Kit" option in the Contacts Application now
    • Calendar now has additional preference setting for "Calendar View Options" to set the color of your calendars and to show them in the "All Calendars" view.
    • WAV's now play directly from email(though I can't figure out how to save them)
    • Sound alerts while on a call no longer deafen you

On the WebOS Quick Installer, I've tested the mods to see which work, and I can tell you which ones not to try:

Don't do anything to the Messager
    Don't do anything to the Email client
    I'm also assuming don't do anything to the PDF Viewer

4x4 icons works, Hiding Nascar and NFL work, Call Duration in Call Log works, changing logos/backgrounds still work, Silencing the dial tones still works, and Add/delete launcher pages works. Thats the stuff I tested(besides PDF Viewer).

Screenshots:

Feel free to add anything I might have missed, and I'll update the OP.

*Disclaimer: I do not suggest installing this, unless you are familiar with rooting your phone and can disable the UpdateDaemon. This update is, as far as I'm concerned, experimental, beta, and definitely not supported by Palm, since it isn't official. My suggestion is to wait for the official release. This update has a build date of 8/30, so its already a few days old, I'm guessing the final release will have a different build date, and hopefully incorporate some of the changes mentioned in the other thread.
    Something I don't see mentioned here: When you get an incoming call the number now shows up at the top of the locked screen instead of the bottom (so it's not hidden by the "slide up to answer" button anymore.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    These young kids these days have no patience at all. They want it now. Instant gratification too slow for them.

The funny thing is that they are going to get their way because they are the consumers of the future. What consumers demand, consumers will get.
    LOL. Yes, let me reiterate that Palm is only a 1000 employee (total) company. If that, barely. That includes engineers, sales people, exec staff, janitors and prolly cafeteria people too...maybe even some lab rats. You can't expect them to find all these bugs and debug them so fast, at the same time trying to develop new features and/or optimize other things. AND get this app catalog rolling out.

They have a lot on their plate, let them do what they can. Yes, please voice your concerns, but some of you are too damn pushy, like you want a zillion updates, fixes and features overnight. Be easy. Iphone OS took years in between to get out all the stuff they have, and Apple have OODLES of employees working for them. WebOS was built from scratch, not a port from an already existing OS. And the Pre has been out 3 months -- RELAX..and Enjoy your Pre. Go play Word Ace or somthing in the meantime, Thanks.
    Anyone else having problems since upgrading to 1.2 where the radio will switch from EV to 1X and back again. I've ran WebOS Doctor twice and even with a fresh install this happens. The issue never happened with 1.1
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Quote Originally Posted by Split50 View Post
    so you're saying you got 1.2 from the update app? and not the recovery doctor?
    I'd venture to guess that was a troll post since he only has 1...that one.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok sorry if this has been discussed but will 1.2 have the feature where the gesture area will flash because of a missed notification or do i have to root the phone to do this? I haven't rooted my pre because i'm scared I will mess something up.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    my humble request for the next version... Instead of having all links in the launcher I'd like to see a folder inside there. this way I can stick apps i rarely need to use inside of it.
    Make another page at the end. Put 'em all there and call it good. What's the difference?
    So still no text forwarding? can we copy and paste a text from someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    So still no text forwarding? can we copy and paste a text from someone else?
    As said many times, you can copy all messages within a conversation, but not a single one yet.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post

I automatically sync two different google calendars every day with 1.1. No problems.

- Craig
    I am truly missing a video record feature on my phone for quick videos of something funny happening and a quick post to YouTube. Miss it a lot could of really used it for my Labor day weekend.
    2gh3bfvcs WE nfctqFMK
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've been noticing the memory management for the web browser is pretty terrible. If I've been to a lot of sites, or go to a site with a lot of images, the browser will slow to a crawl, or do the busy spinning circle thing. I've even gotten too many cars with just 1 card open...
    Same thing happens to me, fairly often. I tried clearing the cache, to no avail.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    that was on the main page of precenrtral dude. speaking of witch, were is that up date. removed all my tweaks and now nothing.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Could someone with 1.2 try the following command in ssh and post the results? I was going to just wait for 1.2 to officially release, but since that is postponed, I was curious if the download service was exposed in 1.2 yet.
    Code:
    luna-send -P -n 1 palm://com.palm.downloadmanager/listPending {}
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Could someone with 1.2 try the following command in ssh and post the results? I was going to just wait for 1.2 to officially release, but since that is postponed, I was curious if the download service was exposed in 1.2 yet.
    Code:
    luna-send -P -n 1 palm://com.palm.downloadmanager/listPending {}
    Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "returnValue":true , "count":0}