Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    I don't know the answer to this question, but how many apps were available for the iPhone 3 months after it's release?

I'm not positive about this either, but didn't Apple wait over 6 months before they released the SDK program?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Patience is a virtue rarely practiced....
    These young kids these days have no patience at all. They want it now. Instant gratification too slow for them.

The funny thing is that they are going to get their way because they are the consumers of the future. What consumers demand, consumers will get.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    yes, it did.
    Cool. I have another one. Since 1.1 the browser has been sometimes opening in landscape or even sometimes upside down when I have it in portrait mode. I hope they addressed this too...
    Quote Originally Posted by steve500 View Post
    So, I've got to rant for a moment. I'm usually one to be pretty chill about this kind of crap, but this is crap.

For the initial start of the palm app catalog, I've got to say... that these apps are absolutely terrible. Pandora is about the coolest app while fandango is the next best. . . While the weather loads faster from a webpage shortcut of your fav weather website rather than the weather app.

Yes, I'm an ex more than 1 year iphone user but I was forced to the pre cause At&t doesn't cover well in my area nor does sprint so I have it activated on Alltel.

Why is it that the initial apps to "Get the app catalog going" are horrrrrribly lame?

Where's the IM apps? Maybe a basic photo editing app? Native myspace/facebook app? GPS apps? Like instamapper on the iphone to push your live gps location to instamapper.com? SHAZAM!?! Hero here I come..

Maybe I best just bust out this sdk and get crackin, ha.
    Homebrew/Prewbrew
    [QUOTE=dhMassacre;1876233]When you global search someones name, it gives you the option to add a reminder for that contact.

[img]
    oh wow. But I already mentioned it. Thank you for confirming it for me. I thought may be it was also available on 1.1.
    "Ehsan 09:32 AM 09/07/2009 -- [Reply]
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but in 1.1 did searching contacts in universal search gave option to add reminder to the contact in launcher? I dont recall if that was the case but in 1.2 there is option. Again I dont recall so can someone with 1.1 can correct me please.
    Thanks. "
    you can see I am loving copy & paste feature
    [QUOTE=Ehsan;1876356]
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    When you global search someones name, it gives you the option to add a reminder for that contact.

[img]
    oh wow. But I already mentioned it. Thank you for confirming it for me. I thought may be it was also available on 1.1.
    "Ehsan 09:32 AM 09/07/2009 -- [Reply]
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but in 1.1 did searching contacts in universal search gave option to add reminder to the contact in launcher? I dont recall if that was the case but in 1.2 there is option. Again I dont recall so can someone with 1.1 can correct me please.
    Thanks. "
    you can see I am loving copy & paste feature
    dunno what you were copy pasting but that's what I see on the mobile site. Fyi this function implementation does not exist in 1.1
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    my humble request for the next version... Instead of having all links in the launcher I'd like to see a folder inside there. this way I can stick apps i rarely need to use inside of it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Still no automatic landscape mode for emails yet?
    Maybe there was a way to do this anyway and I just didnt know it, but....is there a way to scroll WITHIN a text box while in an internet browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Maybe there was a way to do this anyway and I just didnt know it, but....is there a way to scroll WITHIN a text box while in an internet browser?
    Only way is to hold orange and drag like you would navigate any text field.
    I have 1.2, checked for system update an it downloaded an installed it, its bad ***!!!!
    In this new version from within the browser can you download videos?

If not is there a hack I can use to do so like you can with a jailbroken iphone?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fordtruckkss View Post
    I have 1.2, checked for system update an it downloaded an installed it, its bad ***!!!!
    so you're saying you got 1.2 from the update app? and not the recovery doctor?
    My phone does not say it is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    In this new version from within the browser can you download videos?

If not is there a hack I can use to do so like you can with a jailbroken iphone?

Thanks
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...no problem...I never really used that "pinch."
    I did. And I really didn't find the load times slow. Too bad. They should leave it as an option.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    OK.....forgive me if this has already been reported, but it seems like in 1.2 (my pre anyway) the message alerts while on a phone call has been reduced to where you can just hear them, meaning they are very subtlile and the other party cannot hear them. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. Can anyone else comfirm this?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Great, we need to add this to the list, this IMO is huge!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Question: V1.1 introduced a bug for me where notifications had to be swiped away twice.
    Any news on if this has been fixed?
    I've had the same issue. Definitely VERY annoying. Any word?