Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Again, that's not what he's referring to. Pinch zoom within an email works, but pinching outward on an email in the email list used to begin to show a preview of the email and it no longer does.
    Ah, ok. I didn't find that particularly useful anyways, but idk why they'd remove features...
    I did the install two times. And i just realized that in the 1.2 there is no pandora. Can anybody confirm. I mean i dont have it.
    Pandora was never included in the default install, you need to get it from the App Catalog. It installed perfectly for me as part of the restore process from my Palm Profile, but if it didn't do that for you, you're sort of out of luck since we can't access the App Catalog on 1.2.
    Still no forwarding SMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleU-B View Post
    Still no forwarding SMS?
    One would reason that it'd be in the first post, possibly bolded, if it were a new feature.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I don't get it. Why don't you just copy/paste the sms?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Does birthday syncing work between the pre and google contacts in 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    Does birthday syncing work between the pre and google contacts in 1.2?
    Sorry, no idea. I don't have people's birthdays in their Google Contacts, but instead use the listings in Facebook, so I use a Facebook app that exports birthdays to an ical:

Login | Facebook

Then, you can import that iCal into Google Calendar. I still wish the Pre automatically did that like on Garnet, but it's a nice enough workaround for now.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sorry, no idea. I don't have people's birthdays in their Google Contacts, but instead use the listings in Facebook, so I use a Facebook app that exports birthdays to an ical:

Login | Facebook

Then, you can import that iCal into Google Calendar. I still wish the Pre automatically did that like on Garnet, but it's a nice enough workaround for now.

Actually, google can add a special calendar for birthdays. If you just store the birthdays into your google contacts then they will show up in a birthday calendar that is automatically managed for you. It makes the feature on the Palm itself somewhat obsolete. However, please check if i can start adding the birthdays to my pre contacts and they will reflect into my google contacts.
    anyone notice if the febuary Birthday bug has been addressed?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-birthday.html
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    Actually, google can add a special calendar for birthdays. If you just store the birthdays into your google contacts then they will show up in a birthday calendar that is automatically managed for you. It makes the feature on the Palm itself somewhat obsolete. However, please check if i can start adding the birthdays to my pre contacts and they will reflect into my google contacts.
    I realize that Google can do that, but I don't manually enter people's birthdays. All of the birthdays I have listed are already pre-populated by Facebook and it makes no sense to reenter that data.

What Garnet did is if someone had a birthday listing on your phone it got put in your calendar and the Pre really needs to do this as well, rather than having to rely on outside methods like Google's and Facebook's birthday syncs.

Edit: Actually this would really be a great idea for a third-party app, now that I think about it. Access the Contacts DB, pull names and birthday information, and put that in a special local calendar (similar to how SportingNews and Flixster make their own calendars). If I could code something that advanced, I'd definitely do it, but that's not happening lol.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/07/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Hey, I was just wondering if any GPS related issues had been addressed. I know alot of people have been having issues getting a fix with Sprint Nav, as outlined in threads such as this:

h ttp://forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/196698-sprint-navigation-unable-find-gps.html

If anyone with 1.2 had been having such issues before updating, could you comment on whether or not your GPS functionality has improved?
    Thanks in advance.
    Did they finally fix the notification sounds so they can be set differently for email, text, etc?
    help please..just bought a pre how do i download things from here and my contacts are not in order
    Quick question for you 1.2 people: Have you tested sound to see if they've fixed the sound lag issue? Can you test the Simon app from the homebrew gallery?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Does 1.2 speed up the photo app enough that it doesn't take a full second or two for the next picture to be displayed in full resolution (it displays the thumbnail full screen for a second and then loads the full image).
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So, I've got to rant for a moment. I'm usually one to be pretty chill about this kind of crap, but this is crap.

For the initial start of the palm app catalog, I've got to say... that these apps are absolutely terrible. Pandora is about the coolest app while fandango is the next best. . . While the weather loads faster from a webpage shortcut of your fav weather website rather than the weather app.

Yes, I'm an ex more than 1 year iphone user but I was forced to the pre cause At&t doesn't cover well in my area nor does sprint so I have it activated on Alltel.

Why is it that the initial apps to "Get the app catalog going" are horrrrrribly lame?

Where's the IM apps? Maybe a basic photo editing app? Native myspace/facebook app? GPS apps? Like instamapper on the iphone to push your live gps location to instamapper.com? SHAZAM!?! Hero here I come..

Maybe I best just bust out this sdk and get crackin, ha.
    I'd also like to know if anyone has tested the Roam-Only hack with 1.2
    Ok so after the 1.2 install. I realized that my phone has a great battery on stand by. I charged it yesterday. At about 5pm the phone was 100%. It is 9.16pm today and my phone has 45%. however I did not use the internet. i just made 2 . 10 minute calls and txt like 10 times. The only hack i have is the landscape sms mode. Any anybody noticed this improvement?
    Question: V1.1 introduced a bug for me where notifications had to be swiped away twice.
    Any news on if this has been fixed?