Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    So no text forwarding? Grrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    [*] Pinch to expand emails has been removed.
    Pinch to expand emails works fine in 1.2
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    That, and the "donate" model has other advantages - as in try before you buy. You download a "demo" version, and then if you want to keep it, you purchace an unlock code. The other advantage is that you can re-download the app when you get a new device - and just re-enter your unlock code.

I've had PalmOS apps on the Treo for years - it is a very good model. I think it beats the 99 cent app that you never use again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    yup, I can confirm that you can still pinch to zoom in emails.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If 1.2 doesn't keep my phone from dropping the signal 10 times a day, I don't care.......
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Again, that's not what he's referring to. Pinch zoom within an email works, but pinching outward on an email in the email list used to begin to show a preview of the email and it no longer does.
    Can someone try this please:

In 1.1 browser, when loading a web page I double tap the center column to start reading while the page loads.

However, many sites have complex and graphics heavy right side column, so the Pre keeps zooming out as it renders that column and I have to fight it to stay centered.

It should stay focused on the center column. Is 1.2 any better?
    Last edited by sivan; 09/06/2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Can a 1.2 user please tell me if costco.com and samsclub.com actually fully load and render? Perhaps post a screenshot after reaching the sidte
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Do we have a version of Quick Install that will allow it to reconize 1.2 Pre's yet? Does someone have an older version that works?

Anybody else notice you can't swipe down to close the launcher anymore in 1.2? You have to touch the launcher icon to close it.
    Last edited by awrnsmn; 09/06/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It is not reconizing my Pre. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rochdaker View Post
    If 1.2 doesn't keep my phone from dropping the signal 10 times a day, I don't care.......
    I would suggest two things:

1) Load the Roam Only hack and switch to Roam Only when you're not in good Sprint coverage area - which sounds like is probably the case when you're at work.

2) Call Sprint Retension and ask them for a free AirWave that will give you great signal at work or at home.

You can search these sposts for the Roam Only hack and info on getting free AirWaves.
    it saves mine too but only if I haven't cleared the browsers cache
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    There is an option that was disabled by default, I just enabled it by removing some commented code. The LED then blinks when your screen is off and you have a notification.
    As many of us have posted before- a blinking LED is not sufficient. We need AUDIBLE nag reminders. I have missed *many* very important text messages and voice mails due to this.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay tethering has almost definitely been purposely disabled in the Wifi driver. I presume that should mean USB tethering itself works as well.
    Are you saying you confirmed that tethering with WiFi is defunct in 1.2? That would be horrible, since it is the only practical way I can use tethering. (Which, admittedly, I don't use often, but it is extremely nice to have)
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    quick question. when 1.2 is officially released will updating the pre remove file coaster along with all the homebrew apps installed with it?
    +1 on this request. (This is my biggest pet-peeve with the phone at the moment.)

Any recommendations on how to minimize/avoid the problem in the interim would also be appreciated. The only thing that seems to work for me is to leave the ringer switch set to silent. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I think if a notification comes in during a call while the ringer switch is silent, that it avoids the problem. (Hard to tell for sure, because the phone is next to my face and the screen is off, but I've never had it ring in my ear yet if I do this first.) The disadvantage of this is that I forget to change the switch back after the call and end up missing incoming calls because I don't always notice the vibrate if the phone is not in my pocket.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The necessary mode in the Wifi driver does not appear to be present any more.
    jhoff, thanks for the info.

It this is, indeed, what Palm did- mutilate the driver to remove such functionality, then this is an extremely news-worthy event. Why? Because it would be the very first hostile move that Palm has made to remove or limit functionality to the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    +1 on this request. (This is my biggest pet-peeve with the phone at the moment.)

Any recommendations on how to minimize/avoid the problem in the interim would also be appreciated. The only thing that seems to work for me is to leave the ringer switch set to silent. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I think if a notification comes in during a call while the ringer switch is silent, that it avoids the problem. (Hard to tell for sure, because the phone is next to my face and the screen is off, but I've never had it ring in my ear yet if I do this first.) The disadvantage of this is that I forget to change the switch back after the call and end up missing incoming calls because I don't always notice the vibrate if the phone is not in my pocket.
    i am confused. does this mean it does erase everything?
    i just have one question. My phone is hacked, so i the v keyboard, landscape text all that stuff. Now when the update come should i do anything before i install web os 1.2?
    thanks Cougar!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fez758 View Post
    How would I go about changing this 'code' so I may get notifications 'blinking lights' to show on my pre? Thanks!
    Check out this post:
    hxxp://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/201573-official-1-2-updated-features-functionality-5.html#post1871276
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast