Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Was mytether ever anything more than a GUI front-end for iwconfig and usbnet anyways?
    thats exactly what it is. it just makes it more convenient for tethering. in other words if you know the commands you can write your own script and manually run it via putty or whatever terminal you wish. but man it gets old fast haha mytether perfected the simple script allowing people to control directly from the pre much more easily and quickly for on the fly tethering. which i have definitely taken advantage of multiple times.

just like ACE (auto correct edit) you can surely edit the list manually but its a hell of a lot easier to do with the gui bassed app. as how webos quick install and preware and filecoaster allow simple ways of installing applications.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2.    #182  
    We thought that this might be the release where they had a true Bold and Italics capabilities:

Italics = Gesture - I

Bold = Gesture - B

Were either of those fixed?

Also, did they fix any of the problems with the Music Player:
    - No slider bar
    - No landscape mode
    - No bookmarks
    - Basically did they patch any of the holes Music Player Remix fixes?

- Craig

(Yes I did read all 100 or so pages before I asked and did a search!}
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    has searching in calendar also been added? (i hope so, though google calendar is searchable)
    Does it have HTTP Proxy support for Wi-Fi settings yet?
    I don't hae time to read though this entire thread, so if someone could please tell me if they fixed the issue with the notifications blowing your ear off while on a call?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    We thought that this might be the release where they had a true Bold and Italics capabilities:

Italics = Gesture - I

Bold = Gesture - B

Were either of those fixed?

Also, did they fix any of the problems with the Music Player:
    - No slider bar
    - No landscape mode
    - No bookmarks
    - Basically did they patch any of the holes Music Player Remix fixes?

- Craig

(Yes I did read all 100 or so pages before I asked and did a search!}
    I don't think so on the bold and italics thing, unless I don't understand what you mean by gesture... I don't have any music on here to test the music app, but its version is still 1.0, I'd imagine if they did, it'd be at 1.1 or 1.2 by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Firstly, there is no 'Cydia' for the Pre - please let's leave iPhone terminology for the iPhone users. The Cydia-like open standard installer repository system for the Pre is Preware. It can install advanced homebrew applications with capabilities that cannot be achieved with the official webOS APIs.

Secondly, the assumption that all homebrew is in some way inferior to apps in the official Palm App Catalog is a false assumption. Some will be, some won't be.

Thirdly, why are you incorrectly associating homebrew with ripping off code? All homebrew I have seen so far has been original work (particularly as there are so few apps in the official Palm App Catalog).

You may not be concerned about the removal of the ability to install advanced homebrew applications on the Pre which use facilities that are not exposed by Palm, using an open standard package, repository format, and installer like Preware, but many other people are.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I think you totally misinterpreted what I was saying.

First sorry about using the wrong word. I was used that in response to another post using that word.

Second- I did not assume homebrew apps were inferior at all nor did I ever say that. I am under the assumption that as soon as the app catalog is out of beta, many of the apps in the homebrew catalog would move to the app catalog since I am sure some of these developers would like to get paid for their work through other means than voluntary donations. Once that happens they would be removed from the homebrew catalog. This was in response to someone saying that Web OS developers might feel discouraged creating for a platform that has a "free" store that undercuts their app catalog with similar free apps. I also assume at that point the homebrew apps will either have beta versions that people are testing out before going to the app catalog or free apps that people just created out of fun and in the spirit of supporting that option.

Third- I never said homebrew apps are ripping off code. I kind of feel you slandered me on that one. Again it was in response to another poster who brought that up. All I was saying was that there have always been and will be people out there who will do these things and I meant that in a general sense. In no way did I ever say any of the homebrew developers were guilty of doing this! From what I have seen, people have been nothing but honest about times where they have got code from another source and credited that person for the work.

Fourth- My last comment about not being concerned if they decide to get rid of something like filecoaster was probably phrased bad. I meant it in a way that if having a free homebrew OTA store was something that developers and Palm felt was undercutting their ability to sell apps in the app catalog, then that would make sense to me that they would discontinue making it an OTA option and it would not upset me since I feel it would be a mutual decision. Don't get me wrong though, I love having that option and respect the work and love that was done in creating that.

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    as for superjudge... i cant judge him for his ignorance in the subject but i do advise him to do a little research and learn a little about homebrew. he is right the curent "homebrew" apps will move onto the app catalog. which is where they should be.
    Thanks for not judging me for my ignorance but I am firmly aware of what "homebrew" apps are.

I know someone can often misinterpret what people are saying in threads especially if they do not read the whole context of the conversation and with the dry nature of text on a screen. I just wanted to clarify what I was saying since I think you got it all wrong even if you still disagree with me but hopefully that would be with what I meant and not with what you think I meant.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 09/06/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    I'm really sorry to repeat myself but no one has answered my simple question. Was the Webkit build updated at all?
    Is the cell signal bounce fixed in the new version?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is the rumor true that 1.2 will have camcorder? And hows the quality if it does!?!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Durthquake View Post
    Is the rumor true that 1.2 will have camcorder? And hows the quality if it does!?!
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'm really sorry to repeat myself but no one has answered my simple question. Was the Webkit build updated at all?
    If I knew how to find that out, I'd have answered it.
    can someone try All News, Videos, & Images in the 1.2 browswer? In the <1.1 it causes your browser to lock up after accessing the digg.com site after a few attempts and requires a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    can someone try All News, Videos, & Images in the 1.2 browswer? In the <1.1 it causes your browser to lock up after accessing the digg.com site after a few attempts and requires a reboot.
    I've never tried digg.com in 1.1 so I can't comment on that, but it appears to have loaded perfectly in 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I'm using 1.1 and the site works fine for me. I paged through about 5 different links and they all worked.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I was one of the few that ended up getting 1.2 by having to get the doctor due to a ooops I did. Do you recomend reverting back to 1.1 or just keep 1.2 with the updates disabled? I really think this is the version they will release (IMO) but I'm not sure if keeping it will cause problems when it actually gets released. Any thoughts? I don't want to have to redo everything again!!
    quick question. when 1.2 is officially released will updating the pre remove file coaster along with all the homebrew apps installed with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by enee1 View Post
    according to palminfocenter the new update also has the ability for Palm to remotely remove programs. (I can't post a link since I don't have enough posts) I wonder if they will start removing homebrew applications or just programs downloaded from the App Catalog.

According to them: In the file "usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\app\controllers\apprevokedalert_scene.html", we can see this info-text: "Palm had to delete this application from the App Catalog and your device. If you paid for this app, your money will be refunded."
    Actually, you need to go back and re-read what they really said, and then investigate about what's really been done. This is how rumors get started...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I don't think anyone has checked this out yet. With this latest update, do we now have more room to install apps, without having to fear the Not Enough Memory Space error message?
    This will not happen with the type of update that was done. Resizing the partitions using LVM will require a script be run. Running the WebOSDoctor doesn't run a script on the machine, it basically wipes it (using the existing partition structure) and rewrites the files.

The leaked WebOSDoctor doesn't let us know one way or the other about the partition sizes.
    Does anyone know if WebKit has been upgraded in WebOS 1.2? If so, do we have WebKit 4 yet or not yet?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD