Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to track the Pre? I have installed the GPS tracking tweek from palmpre hacks, and, while that works ok, what I am looking for is a way to track where the phone has been. There is an app called instamapper that does this for blackberry's and some other phones, but I don't believe it works for the pre. What do I use this for? I ride a motorcycle and like to save my long rides for future use. The app sends gps data every 30-60 seconds and displays in a google map format. I have searched high and low for an app that would do this, but have found none, so I thought I would at least ask over here and see what the response is. Thank you for your time!!!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    pretracker, although I think the name might have changed. I am not sure if it is exactly what you want, but check it out.

Edit: I am not sure actually that it does output a map, it just gives you statistics.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    unfortunately, pretracker not only doesn't do what I want it to do, but it really didn't work when I tried it out. It is more like a running/jogging/walking tool that tells you how far you have been. And the totals don't work on it anyway...

So, thanks for the info, but still looking... just to clarify, what I am basically looking for is something like Google Latitude but with the ability to show where you have been and save it on a map.

If anyone knows of an app like that, please let me know!!! thanks!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    You could try the "Where Is My Pre?" app. This app allows you to track your Pre via website. It is quick and easy to install and setup. All you have to do is log in to their website and it shows you where your Pre currently is, as well as where it has been using an interactive map similar to Google Maps.
    I just installed this app and have only briefly played with it. The only issue I have with this app is that it is not extremely accurate, it sometimes shows my Pre being a few blocks away from where it actually is. It does accurately display the route I drove to work today, but it shows that my Pre is at least a block from my office... but it is actually in my hand...