Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im have problems opening my text messages can someone please help
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    after texting someone, it wont show up under text messaging. I have to search with universal search to read message....Anyone know how to correct? I did search but might have missed something!!!
    Did you install the tweaks from webos quick install for the messaging app? if so go here http://forums.precentral.net/1861013-post1940.html

also before you reinstall any of them messaging apps after it is fixed delete your copy and download the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    after texting someone, it wont show up under text messaging. I have to search with universal search to read message....Anyone know how to correct? I did search but might have missed something!!!
    Hey Imex... have you modded/patched your text (messaging) in any way prior to this problem? I just read about another similar issue with text (I will start looking back in the forums (not sure if it wasn't posted in the Treo-central forums though).

**OK here is what I was looking at - http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ml#post1865614

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthonycoates613
    I have downoaded the newest version of quick install. I have gone to tweeks and clicked on forwarding messages and email fwd and landscaping but my pre seems to now not apply text messages correctly. my text goes to my conversations and not in the text box for which im texting. What did i do wrong?

Try this, From Jason Himself, Works great, I had the same issue

so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file.(http://filebin.ca/yyamnu/BackupFiles.zip) Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/

- For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.

~Sooo if has no relation to your issues then I apologize that I couldn't be of any assistance.~
    Last edited by prenoob; 09/05/2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: **UPDATE**
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    prenoob, I just followed your steps...Still no messages!! I tried deleting all of my peepls from messaging application and sent a message to someone, they dont show up in messaging application....Please continue helping me or anyone else?
    Imex, This is to RESTORE MESSAGING FILES (I did it on mine and I lost timestamp and everything --> that I patched). Back to factory. So It worked for my phone. I used putty for this.

[QUOTE]

mount -o remount,rw /

cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

mount -o remount,ro /
    [QUOTE]

This should restore back to stock messaging. It may not work if the messaging file was modified or patched. If you did patch it.. then maybe you backed it up (via the patch)? I did not have to reboot, but I suppose to ensure it works .. you may have to.

Just so you know.. In no way am I saying this will work for you.. I just hope so. I can only imagine if my Pre took a dive on anything. Again, That update I posted worked in restoring mine.
    Last edited by prenoob; 09/05/2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: **Update**
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=prenoob;1872530]Imex, This is to RESTORE MESSAGING FILES (I did it on mine and I lost timestamp and everything --> that I patched). Back to factory. So It worked for my phone. I used putty for this.

[QUOTE]

mount -o remount,rw /

cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

mount -o remount,ro /

This should restore back to stock messaging. It may not work if the messaging file was modified or patched. If you did patch it.. then maybe you backed it up (via the patch)? I did not have to reboot, but I suppose to ensure it works .. you may have to.

Just so you know.. In no way am I saying this will work for you.. I just hope so. I can only imagine if my Pre took a dive on anything. Again, That update I posted worked in restoring mine.
    About to try Factory messaging message restore, was rebooting PRE when you replied....Will update in a few!!
    Ok .. Keep me posted, I will keep looking just in case.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1871734

Here are some issues on a "failed" text forwarding patch. This is where I made my initial reference to a possible remedy. I am still looking my friend.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Tried it and nothing, going to reboot and see if it works after reboot!!!!
    Ok.. if that doesn't work. You may consider using WebOSDoctor.jar for a restore. Is this problem due to a patch or other install?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm not sure, it might be a patch...
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    If I use Webdoctor, will I lose all my bookmarks and everything?
    yes, unfortunately .. back to factory. BUT .. if we know what patch you installed prior to the issues, then we may be able to consolidate our efforts on the specific solution.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly, virtual keyboard through preware, battery % on main screen and message landscape....I took off the messaging scprits through webosquickinstall, i think!!!!
    K ..

Have you checked this post? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...os-tweaks.html

this guys fix (post #4) seems to be referred all over precentral for a messaging fix. <-- this is the one you tried that did not work for you I believe.
    Last edited by prenoob; 09/05/2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: **still looking
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    Yep, i'm last person to post in that thread....I'll try it again after this reboot!!!! Dang it, I don't want to wipe my PRE Maybe I'll wait for next update and remove all tweeks and hope it fixes my problem or it will be bricked....lol If anyone finds anything out on my problem, much appreciated.

Much thanks for trying to help me...Going to try that fix again, see what happens.
    Let me know if that doesn't work. I almost want to try to install to duplicate your problem. I agree with you too.. I wouldn't want to wipe mine either.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I had to go for a bit... My Pre is rebooting now....Just did the 4 files and we'll see what happens!
    OK .. I hope that everything is good to go...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast