1.    #1  
    I am attempting to install applications from PreCentral. I went to the WebOS Quick Install page to figure out how to.

I installed the WebOS QuickInstall, set the Pre to developer mode, and attempted to install the File Coaster program.

I've done the general trouble shooting steps, but no matter what I do, I keep getting the No Device Found error.

These are the things I've done to trouble shoot the issue:

-Soft reset my Pre
    -Ensured that the software is set to USB Device.
    -I reinstalled Novacom inside of the WebOS QuickInstall.

Any information could be helpful,

Thanks
    you are suppose to set in just charge!
    When you plug your Pre up to the computer you need to select just charge not usb device
    Quote Originally Posted by weirddemon View Post
    I am attempting to install applications from PreCentral. I went to the WebOS Quick Install page to figure out how to.

I installed the WebOS QuickInstall, set the Pre to developer mode, and attempted to install the File Coaster program.

I've done the general trouble shooting steps, but no matter what I do, I keep getting the No Device Found error.

These are the things I've done to trouble shoot the issue:

-Soft reset my Pre
    -Ensured that the software is set to USB Device.
    -I reinstalled Novacom inside of the WebOS QuickInstall.

Any information could be helpful,

Thanks
    I had the same problem until I remembered I had to turn on the Developer Mode. Once I did that, it worked just fine.
    I cant recall but i think you should check for the latest java.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the info you've all provided so far.

As far as I know, my Pre is in deveoper mode. I entered, upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, switched the radio button slider thing to On and the Pre restarted itself.

My Java is the latest Java.

When I plug my Pre into my PC, I do select Just Charge. The USB Device I mentioned above is a setting in Options underneath File on the menu strip.

Some people had it on Emulator which is obviously for the Pre Emulator. I mentioned this because it was an issue for some people.

Could it be an issue with the software? Would reinstalling it help? I'm not even sure how Java apps are installed, because I don't see it in the Programs list.

Thanks
    ii am having a great deal of trouble following this. I don't know how to download app on to my Pre
    hHELP SOMEONE PLEASE! I WANT THE APPS, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO.
    I wish I had someone kind enough to help me PLEASE I'M SO DESPRATE TO GET THE APPS
    PLEASE!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Try:

Shutting down PC and restarting
    Shutting down and removing the battery on the pre, Restart

Might work.
    if you can help me please tell me the simplest way I'm so dumb to this stuff I really have a hard time understanding HELPPP....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    Try:

Shutting down PC and restarting
    Shutting down and removing the battery on the pre, Restart

Might work.
    It's a no go. For me anyway. Not sure about that other guy who hijacked my thread >.>

I'll keep looking in to it to see what I can find.