Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So my nice shiny new Bell Palm Pre does not have some of the Sprint apps on it. Does the Sprint nav app cover all of North America? If it does, is there some way I could get that, and get it working with my Canadian Bell Mobility Pre maybe via some hack?
    The Sprint Nav services is a paid service for Sprint customers so its more of a legal matter than technical issue trying to get the service on a different carrier phone. Pretty certain the app can go in there and just happen to have a sprint NAI but it wont be legit...

Tried Google Maps??? Fairly certain we'll see an 3rd party AGPS app on web-OS soon enough.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Search the forums under [How to get Sprint apps on Bell Pre] and you will find that many of us Canadians are enjoying Sprint Nav on our Pre.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Search the forums under [How to get Sprint apps on Bell Pre] and you will find that many of us Canadians are enjoying Sprint Nav on our Pre.
    And it works very well even in rural areas although it did mess up once and tried to send me in a round about course instead of a direct one. Also it once stated telling me to take a U-turn in some completely unsafe places. Bell should have put Nav on these anyway. The search function in it was excellent in a city where I needed to find some specific retailers. Find what you want and it will take you where you want.