1.    #1  
    HI IM TRYING TO UNINSTALL MY TETHER FROM MY PRE BUT IN SAFETY MODE .. WHEN I INSTALLED I DID IT WITH THE HARD MODE AS THIS How To Hack(Tether) Palm Pre into a WiFi Router! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog! NOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE TO INSTALL AGAIN FROM PREWARE.. IF SOMEONE CAN GUIDE ME IN THIS ... THAT COULD BE NICE!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    HI IM TRYING TO UNINSTALL MY TETHER FROM MY PRE BUT IN SAFETY MODE .. WHEN I INSTALLED I DID IT WITH THE HARD MODE AS THIS How To Hack(Tether) Palm Pre into a WiFi Router! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog! NOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE TO INSTALL AGAIN FROM PREWARE.. IF SOMEONE CAN GUIDE ME IN THIS ... THAT COULD BE NICE!
    use quick install to remove...
  3.    #3  
    There is not a problem if I installed manually rooting my pre? I can remove from quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    There is not a problem if I installed manually rooting my pre? I can remove from quick install?
    I heard that if you did it manually...you gotta take it out manually...but that's wut I've read...not sure
  5.    #5  
    Thanx maxima!
  6.    #6  
    Please I'm still waiting some one to guide me how can I remove my tether manually??? Rooting my pre!
    Ok, I been looking for an answer and I am helpless. First I installed my tether by the usual way of rooting and I was very happy.
    Then when I connected to a computer, it would always be viewed as an internet device. The USB connection no longer worked. I could not even connect to WebOS quick installer. It looks like I have to install the palm pre driver but I do not know where to get it. I even performed a complete reset and erased all and reboot and still cannot connect. I removed the driver but then windows (Vista 64) no longer sees it. I plug it back in and I see a drive letter and the drive for it but when I select it, Windows states that there is no disk installed. Any help please.
    Ok, I found my answer. I have to uninstall the driver. Remove the phone and reset the phone. Put it into devmode. Also reinstalled Novacomd and then connected. It now all works like a champ.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricofalltrades View Post
    Ok, I found my answer. I have to uninstall the driver. Remove the phone and reset the phone. Put it into devmode. Also reinstalled Novacomd and then connected. It now all works like a champ.
    I need help on this quick. I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, if so I cannot find it. I have to return my Pre tomorrow (received replacement) but forgot I had installed MyTether. Before replacement was sent, I tried to do a full erase on phone (while talking with Sprint rep), then with WebOSdoctor, nothing. We tried using the ##786# (or whatever the code was) plus entering their code, nothing. We cannot get in to erase this thing. I took off all I could on the phone, but happened to think this all might still be in there somewhere. All the other apps are removed, and I can't find MyTether when the phone is on. My computer won't "see" or recognize my old phone when I plug it in, and I've removed the battery, restarted computer, everything I can think of. So did the Sprint rep, hence the replacement phone, however he did not know I had installed this, nor did I tell him If anyone can help me quickly with this, I'd greatly appreciate it - as I don't wanna have to pay for the replacement phone they sent me.
    Hi guys,

I have installed the MyTether 2.1.0 version on Palm Pre 2 via "Tether_Real_Installer_.exe" and it did not work for me. I enabled WIFI tethering and it was stuck with some "enabling wifi tethering" message without eventually doing anything.

So I wanted to get rid of this app and decided to try FreeTether from the webos-internals testing repository.
    I have removed the MyTether app via WebOSQuickInstall.jar and without first rebooting also via phone menu and then rebooted.
    After boot, the MyTether icon was still there - completely unusable, showing just some grey screen, but still there.

At the same time some corruption must have happened because I cannot install any new apps on my Pre 2 from the phone itself, just via linux or WebOSQuickInstall.jar every attempt at the phone itself reports "Restart Required" System adjustments must be made before installation can continue and then even after the reboot the app installation fails.

First I wanted to get rid of the Icon of MyTether from my Pre 2, which was done like this:

mount -o remount rw, /
    ipkg list_installed | grep teth
    “””net.aonic.tether - 0.5.1 - Service to control various tethering options for My Tether
    ipkg remove net.aonic.tether
    “””Removing package net.aonic.tether from root...
    mount -o remount ro, /

REBOOT THE PHONE

After reboot the MyTether icon was was still there on the phone!!! So I searched what to remove and found this:

find / | grep -i aonic

/var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/index.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/stylesheets
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/stylesheets/tether.css
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/stylesheets/devmodeswitcher.css
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/models
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/controllers
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/controllers/wifi-assistant.jsjsjs
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/controllers/usb-assistant.jsjsjs
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/dashboard
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/dashboard/dashboard-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/dashboard/item-info.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/wifi
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/wifi/wifi-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/usb
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/usb/usb-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/usb/wifi-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/usb/options-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/app/views/options-scene.html
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/appinfo.json
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/images
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/images/header-icon-switcher.png
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/sources.json
    /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/icon.png

OK, so let’s move the folder somewhere else to see if it helps and if not, we can still move the folder back:

mv /var/usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether /media/internal/

REBOOT THE PHONE

FINALLY the icon was gone and I am happily using FreeTether which is really great!!

Now I could remove the folder /media/internal/net.aonic.my-tether and happily use FreeTether.

I still cannot install any apps from the phone, but that is probably another storry - however if anybody could help me with this, I would be really grateful.