Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi MotionApps-

Are you guys willing to share a prospective ETA on the next release. I'm literally waiting to buy a Pre until I have the ability to use Pocket Quicken (w/Desktop Hotsync to PC). I've been patient until now, but I'm starting to get a little antsy....

Anticipating my purchase (Pre and Classic too)....

Thanks
    Hey greenawayj,

We depend on Palm’s release schedule, and we still do not have a confirmed ETA. As soon as we have it, we will share with the community.

In the meantime, we made a video showing HotSync support in Classic, so hopefully this helps a bit with “antsyness”

Check it out at http://motionapps.blogspot.com/2009/...o-preview.html
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    I would love to buy Classic and I've been holding off for a while. Is there a chance we may be able to see the price go down to at least $20 as a special for maybe labor day or something temporarily? I'm pretty sure lots and lots of people will buy it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Hey greenawayj,

We depend on Palm’s release schedule, and we still do not have a confirmed ETA. As soon as we have it, we will share with the community.

In the meantime, we made a video showing HotSync support in Classic, so hopefully this helps a bit with “antsyness”

Check it out at MotionApps: HotSync in Classic – video preview
    Just for confirmation- since synching with Ultrasoft Money (run on Classic) has been declared for Classic, this particular synch update will allow it? Is that specific to a particular version of Ultrasoft Money?

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi MotionApps-

Are you guys willing to share a prospective ETA on the next release. I'm literally waiting to buy a Pre until I have the ability to use Pocket Quicken (w/Desktop Hotsync to PC). I've been patient until now, but I'm starting to get a little antsy....
    You aren't the only one who has been waiting anxiously for Classic hotsync. I went ahead and bit the bullet and have been using PktQuicken on classic since i got my pre. Boy am I going to have a LOT of transactions to sync by the time this comes out.

MotionApps: Good to see the video on network sync via wifi. How about one on bluetooth sync? Btw, i think you made the antsyness worse instead of better.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the prompt reply MotionApps (and thanks for the video too). Very nice.

By the no-comment on my thread title, I'm assuming that when Palm's 1.2? release comes out (thus enabling hotsync in classic...) that Pocket Quicken sync is one of the 3rd party conduits that will be supported at that time... I've certainly given consideration to ssrjazz' approach to just dive in headfirst now and sync a ?? weeks/months worth of transactions when the functionality arrives. I can handle 2-3 weeks, but I use desktop quicken to manage lots of business travel related expenses, so I can't get too far behind unless I want to do them manually until hotsync is ready (via the Palm WebOS update).

Responding to the person in the comments section of the Precentral homepage article who was concerned about DHCP IP addressing by their router preventing Classic Hotsync from working.... every DHCP router available allows you to assign static local IP addresses to each of the 'regular' computers on your home network, so if you always assign 192.168.1.101 to the PC with your Palm desktop / Outlook apps then you will be fine... I suppose the only time this could be an issue is for those who travel frequently (me), who are spending lots of time on the road in hotels... Not sure how to handle that one as your Pre would not usually be able to get on the hotel's wireless network without some extra configuration work (and possibly additional wifi fees) Hopefully, Palm / MotionApps will be able to get bluetooth hotsync working in a direct connection between the Pre and the laptop

Thanks again.
    Let me get this straight as I have been holding off upgrading to the PRE because Pocket Quicken does not sync.
    Are you saying with release of 1.2 it will give classic the ability to sync?
    Thanks
    This is great. I just started a thread titled "App Request:Classic Backup" just because I needed the means of backing up my Pocket Quicken databases of which I've been using since I got my Pre back in June. Additionally when I installed the databases in Classic I installed the ones I had been using since Aug of 2007 with my Treo 650 and then my Treo 755p.

In Short, It will be good to get the HotSync capability, rather than manually backing up my databases. With that said, I'm still going to manually backup to save all my transactions and accounts.
  9.    #9  
    I've been away for several days and following the WebOS 1.2 extravaganza on my Treo... I was just logging in to add a note here to confirm if 1.2 is the Palm update that gets me out to BestBuy tomorrow to get my Pre and buy Classic. I see Brighton Line already beat me to the pointed question (that I haven't actually seen asked anywhere else yet -- though I haven't actually read every post of the various 1.2 threads), but I figured I'd +1 the question too since I started this thread. Hope the answer is yes!!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping 1.2 comes out soon as well. Really wanna sync my pocket quicken again!
  11.    #11  
    OK.... So I bit the bullet and hope that WebOS 1.2 comes out soon (and that 1.2 is the update that will allow classic to sync -- as stated above for me the importance is for Pocket Quicken).

Until such time as we can sync, where are the PDBs which classic apps use and update stored? I presume one way to manually sync until the functionality comes would be to get the Pkt Quicken pdb files off of the Pre, move them manually to my old Treo, sync Treo to the PC, and then move the Treos PDB files back to the proper place on the Pre? Does anyone know if we can access these files (non-rooted or rooted)?

Ideas anyone?
    OK.... So I bit the bullet and hope that WebOS 1.2 comes out soon (and that 1.2 is the update that w
    ill allow classic to sync -- as stated
    above for me the importance is for
    Pocket Quicken).
    Until such time as we can sync, where are the PDBs which classic apps use and update stored? I presume one way to manually sync until the
    functionality comes would be to get
    the Pkt Quicken pdb files off of the
    Pre, move them manually to my old
    Treo, sync Treo to the PC, and then
    move the Treos PDB files back to the
    proper place on the Pre? Does anyone
    know if we can access these files
    (non-rooted or rooted)?

Ideas anyone?

Yes there is a way. Have not tried yet. The files are located at /var/lib/palmos/datamgr/PALM_DM
    You will need to be rooted and perform a copy to your media internals folder. Let me know if it works for you. I really need to backup as well before the HotSync fix in Classic. My only saving grace is that my wife has the same transactions and accounts on her Centro and uses Resco to backup. I just want to do it myself though. Can't wait. Anyway let me know how it works out and thank you.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks. I haven't rooted yet (only had it 6 days and already getting in trouble for 'playing with my mistress' too much). But I've got the links to help me figure this out and I'll try it over the weekend sometime.
    Thanks. I haven't rooted yet (only had it 6 days and already getting in trouble for 'playing with my mistress' too much). But I've got the links to help me figure
    this out and I'll try it over the
    weekend sometime.
    Too funny, mistress, I thoght I was the only one who had that issue. Your welcome and can't wait to hear how it turns out.
    When HotSync for Classic is released, will it sync the PIM apps (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos) or will it leave out these items and instead let WebOS handle them?
    @pureinstinct93: HotSync would not be able to sync data from within native webOS app, only the ones within PIM apps in Classic. We know….
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    I've been manually inputting my transactions from Pocket Quicken into desktop Quicken. Then, once a month after I reconcile, I get updated files into PQ by syncing to my old Centro, then copying the four PQ .pdb files into Classic on the Pre. It's not what you would call elegant, but it works, and this way I won't have to worry about having a ton of transactions duplicated or whatever when I am able to sync. It will be more or less up to date.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Syncing only with apps in Classic is fine by me. It appears that WebOS has ways to go before it will catch up to Palm OS in term of syncing. I'm not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Now that WebOS 1.2 is out, can we expect an update soon for Classic?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The update for Classic that enables hotsync is included in the 1.2 update if you already had Classic installed when you updated webOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast