Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was able to sync to Quicken again! Yay!

I had to create a new profile for HotSync, as it would hang trying to restore all the databases from my old Treo 755p. Quick Install doesn't work, so I had to use the Desktop App to install Quicken. Synchronized my data perfectly.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the tip re: new Hotsync ID. Haven't tried it yet, but that's good to know. Another alternative might be to delete the legacy Palm (or Handspring) backup folder on the PC. Anyway as long as we're back to syncing quicken again... it's a major step forward.

On a note related to your suggestion, remember that the PocketQuicken registration process is related to your decice's hotsync id. So if you need to reinstall PQ on the Pre, it will only give you the proper registration id if you change your hotsync name back to what it was when your originally bought the PQ software.
  3.    #23  
    Very happy to report my first successful (wifi network) Hotsync of Quicken data to the desktop over the weekend. Haven't tried the BT hotsync yet, but the wifi should be good enough for me.

Now I'm trying to get NV backup working to push PDB files to my "Virtual" SD card (available to copy to PC when connected in USB mode) and an offboard FTP storage location to backup my Classic Apps data in between Hotsyncs....

I've also suggested an Automated Classic Hotsync feature to MotionApps.... to be either time-only (1am daily) or location-and-time based (1am and in the presense of particular wifi or bluetooth networks)...
    Last edited by greenawayj; 10/06/2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Very happy to report my first successful (wifi network) Hotsync of Quicken data to the desktop over the weekend. Haven't tried the BT hotsync yet, but the wifi should be good enough for me.

Now I'm trying to get NV backup working to push PDB files to my card and an offboard FTP storage location to backup my Classic Apps data in between Hotsyncs....

I've also suggested an Automated Classic Hotsync feature to MotionApps.... to be either time-only (1am daily) or location-and-time based (1am and in the presense of particular wifi or bluetooth networks)...
    Thanks for the update, this was the thing I was looking for.
    I went home yesterday and installed the new version of classic and installed pocket quicken on it, and I can confirm syncing does now work and the entered transactions I put in pocket quicken and after syncing appeared on quicken on my windows desktop machine.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I've got almost all Pocket Quicken functions working from my Mac.

I still have Missing Sync for Palm OS (MSPOS) from my Treo days.

I set up Classic for Wi-Fi sync and Whala!

I even installed PKQN 2.5.1 with MSPOS. No side load needed!

Then turned on the Pocket Quicken conduit in MSPOS and synced up my Quicken 2007 R3 for Mac and it loaded up nicely thru Wi-Fi!

The only problem I have so far is PKQN crashes Classic when I hit the lower right icon with an Illegal Operation.

Strange, I had the same problem on my Treo 700p.

---

Now I have 2 Missing Sync apps. One for my webOS side and one for the Classic side.

Pretty good support for Mac users with a Pre!

---

Also I much prefer selecting Play Lists in Missing Sync for Pre rather than dragging and dropping thru other programs. Also I wind up with readable directories and file names that you don't get with iTunes sync.

Not much more I could ask for.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    ...The only problem I have so far is PKQN crashes Classic when I hit the lower right icon with an Illegal Operation...
    I am getting the same error, only it actually locks up my Pre

On a positive note, I got Documents to Go v10 running and syncing on the Pre/Classic
    Last edited by DryBear; 10/10/2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I've got almost all Pocket Quicken functions working from my Mac.

I still have Missing Sync for Palm OS (MSPOS) from my Treo days.

I set up Classic for Wi-Fi sync and Whala!

I even installed PKQN 2.5.1 with MSPOS. No side load needed!

Then turned on the Pocket Quicken conduit in MSPOS and synced up my Quicken 2007 R3 for Mac and it loaded up nicely thru Wi-Fi!
    TomD - Thanks for your post. I have a Mac Pro, just bough MSPOS, Classic v2.0.0 and a new Pre. My problem is that I cannot get the Pre to do the Wi-Fi sync. If I use the computer's I.P. address Hotsync stalls and says "connection between your device and the desktop could not be established. Please check set up..." If I use the computer's name I get the same result but more quickly. Bluetooth is on, visible, and devices are connected. What is the missing step to get the "Wi-Fi Sync and Voila!" that you got?

FYI - I also got Missing Sync for Palm Pre for the Web OS "side" of the phone.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Signed, frustrated but excited in NY since I will have Pocket Quicken on my Pre,

Don

UPDATE - (10/17/09)

Got a wireless router(Belkin - G Wireless Router), the Palm Pre and the Mac are connected via a secure network but I cannot get the Classic Hot sync to recognize the Mac via a WiFi network sync. Even though I've entered what looks like the right IP address (or computer name) it's still a no go.

My system:

Mac Pro (OSX 10.5.8)

Don
    ____
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Tungsten - Treo 650 - Palm Centro - Palm Pre
    Last edited by Don in NYC; 10/17/2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Anyone else having a problem that it does not keep set uppercase and lowercase lettering when transferring between PocketQuicken and Quicken?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12