Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    So you don't have preware on your phone ?
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Not sure if that's the article your read . But if that doesn't help at all just let me know. I'm not quite sure what steps you're doing wrong or what steps you haven't done at all.

Can you let me know what exactly have you tried on a step by step basis.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    theres a list on it that shows you what apps you have installed and you can uninstall using that list
    last night I installed the flashlight app thinking it would work but it didnt so I tried to uninstall it and it said it uninstalled but its still on there
    how do I uninstall apps using preware or does it not work yet?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Haven't tried to uninstall via Preware.

Built-in method: locate the icon in the launcher, hold down the orange button, and tap the program you want to uninstall. Then confirm the deletion via the dialog "boxes" that come up...

HTH,

-JerryG
    You can uninstall on PreWare. Did you add it with PreWare or with webos Quick Install?

BTW, Flashlight app doesnt work for me (I installed both the service and the App). I will uninstall and try again.
    You can uninstall on PreWare. Did you add it with PreWare or with webos Quick Install?

BTW, Flashlight app doesnt work for me (I installed both the service and the App). I will uninstall and try again.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Just wondering what exactly the difference is between the 2 applications (Preware vs. Preload). They appear to be somewhat similar and I am curious to know if they are in fact, similar, is one a better choice to install than the other? Or, if they do different things altogether (and it is just not obvious to me).

TIA
    Two installer type programs for the Pre. I recommend Preware because it has more features.

Preware
    Site for PreLoad
    PreWare has the ability to run post-install scripts so that it can install patches and binaries.

I don't know about preload

Preware also has built in to pull from ALL available feeds for the pre right now.

Again, I don't know about preload
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Two installer type programs for the Pre. I recommend Preware because it has more features.

Preware
    Site for PreLoad
    Thank you for a thoughtful answer with the links.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Preware also has built in to pull from ALL available feeds for the pre right now.

Again, I don't know about preload
    Preload can pull from all feeds, and it also includes the repository of ringtones, wallpapers and sounds - plus a message board.

And the site for Preload is Web OS Group
    Pimp My Pre has moved all of their development there.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    i still like precoaster cause it posts descriptions...

I wish preware did that to, or had an option: apps that aren't on file-coaster.. So i could just view those...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I use filecoaster and PreWare myself, I like filecoaster for the descriptions and snapshots but otherwise PreWare seems like the better app. Preware can also install patches if you want to use an app that would normally require rooting. Filecoaster is getting better though, but I like the look and organization of PreWare and it just feels faster.

I gave PreLoad a try, it does what filecoaster does plus it has ringtones, wallpapers and a forum built in. It is however an example of function over form, and I find it's not as easy to use, it just feels more slapped together. But I'd be willing to give it another try in a few weeks if they make improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    I use filecoaster and PreWare myself, I like filecoaster for the descriptions and snapshots but otherwise PreWare seems like the better app. Preware can also install patches if you want to use an app that would normally require rooting. Filecoaster is getting better though, but I like the look and organization of PreWare and it just feels faster.

I gave PreLoad a try, it does what filecoaster does plus it has ringtones, wallpapers and a forum built in. It is however an example of function over form, and I find it's not as easy to use, it just feels more slapped together. But I'd be willing to give it another try in a few weeks if they make improvements.
    A new release of PreLoad went out the other day. Everything is categorized and it has descriptions and screenshots. We're talking about putting in the patch installations soon.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Preware now supports a full description and screenshots.. update it to version 0.8.0... its great
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    This is great information. Thanks for taking the time guys!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456