1.    #1  
    My search for this turned up one result that didn't seem relevant, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate post.

Is anyone using MetrO in the Classic environment on the Pre? If so, how well does it work?

This was far and away the most useful PalmOS app for me, so much so that I'd be willing to get Classic just to use it if it works well. I recall reading somewhere that the developer of MetrO wasn't going to create a WebOS version due to some computational limitations which is a shame considering how useful this app is.

Thanks in advance for any information!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I tried MetrO, but Classic began to crash (blue screen) repeatedly.
    So I uninstalled it and the crashes ceased.

If you contact the developer, ask them to get the app Classic certified.
    Maybe it only needs some tweaks to get it to work right.
  3.    #3  
    Ugh...that really wasn't what I wanted to hear. According to the developer's website, MetrO is already Classic certified which apparently doesn't mean much if it acts as you indicated

Metro for Palm & PocketPC
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    It could have been a problem with an interaction with another app or something. It wasn't important enough to me to try other solutions, so I just deleted it.
    I would wait until MotionApps releases their next update (they say "soon" whatever that means) and try the app again before I gave up on it completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    It could have been a problem with an interaction with another app or something. It wasn't important enough to me to try other solutions, so I just deleted it.
    I would wait until MotionApps releases their next update (they say "soon" whatever that means) and try the app again before I gave up on it completely.
    We ran MetrO successfully on our development devices and did not experience these crashes. The app is Certified, and feel free to contact our support to double check if there is something specific that causes this issue for you.

When we say “soon” it means that we do not have exact date yet, because we depend on Palm’s release schedule. As soon as we know - you guys will know. Hopefully the goodies it will bring will compensate the wait.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog