1.    #1  
    Do you guys think that someone like tom tom or garmin or IGo will make a nav app for the palm pre? The sprint nav sucks and google maps doesn't have and sounds. I would really also to just have an app that runs smoother. Like when I use the gps it doesn't log me correctly, same issue as the touch pro where you pass a street than 5 10 sec laterit shows you passing the street.

Thank-You
    B18DelSolT
    Where are you located? My Sprint Nav nails my location within feet of the street. Very precise on my end.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I love Tom Tom, used it on many trips for many years, USA, Europe and while not perfect, works very well. I am sure that Tom Tom will come up with an APP for the Pre. I agree that Sprint's Tele Nav solution sucks, but it sucks with multiple carriers, and the reason it sucks is not tied to the Pre.
    you double posted btw...
    I have had Nav on my phone (Treos) for years and TeleNav pretty much sucks, I agree. Although it works well here, in So Cali, when I was in Oklahoma and Texas, had me go down streets, make u-turns and come back and make a right(instead of just having me make a left, ... I didn't get it. Tom Tom is much more developed to keep you from exiting a freeway for four streets, getting back on just because it may be a shorter distance.

Also hate the fact that when you have no towers you have no signal.

Tom Tom will come to Pre.
    I don't know if there's a sense of urgency about GPS - for me, Sprint Nav has been rock solid, and my understanding (although it could certainly be wrong) is that most folks have been pretty happy with it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    For me my fav was garmin, tom tom is good, but I would give it to garmin hands down. The way they direct you and the way people speak are just done perfectly. But tom tom also is good. I just hope someone releases something, even if it starts off as nothing special first
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't know if there's a sense of urgency about GPS - for me, Sprint Nav has been rock solid, and my understanding (although it could certainly be wrong) is that most folks have been pretty happy with it.
    I've had Sprint Navigation on my last two phones. A HTC Mogul and now a Palm Pre. It has worked flawlessly every time I haven't actually needed it. If I really need it to work either for directions or just to find a phone number it can never find my location!

So yes I think someone needs to come out with a gps solution for the Pre!

ps... Whether the Sprint Nav can find my location or not, Google maps always finds me instantly.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    For me my fav was garmin, tom tom is good, but I would give it to garmin hands down. The way they direct you and the way people speak are just done perfectly. But tom tom also is good. I just hope someone releases something, even if it starts off as nothing special first
    Same here, I like Garmin a lot better. Design wise, graphs, etc.
    same, i hope garmin makes an app..

in canada we dont even have sprint nav...