1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Is there any kind of app that allows printing from the pre? I have a wireless printer, or could simply plug in with USB. If this doesn't exist, is this a feasible option? I'd be really useful to me to be able to print email attachments, etc without my laptop. I'm a contractor, and we usually have a multifunction printer/fax on site, but not always a computer.

Thanks
    Did anyone ever help wih this
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I remember it being discussed in another thread - I don't think there is anything available yet. Someone would have to come up with a print driver/spooler for it to work, I'm not sure how hard that is to do...
    We're all a bunch of "slimy ******* users."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by REVNU View Post
    I remember it being discussed in another thread - I don't think there is anything available yet. Someone would have to come up with a print driver/spooler for it to work, I'm not sure how hard that is to do...
    Pretty new to the whole smartphone thing... has this been an option on any other OS or older palms? Seems like it could be pretty useful, particularly with the proliferation of wireless printers out there now.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    None of the Palm-provided apps include the ability to print in their design, so I'd say that it's not a feasible option at the moment.....
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Htc touch pro or fuze for att allowed for it. It was running wm 6.1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Not sure if this helps: HP's CloudPrint Device Advances Printing Through a Mobile Phone - The HP LaserJet blog by Vince Ferraro
    After reading that a couple times, I'm still not sure what they're proposing It sounds like you could send something from your phone to a server, and then later log in and print from your computer? If that's the case, that doesn't really help. What I'm looking for is a way to print an email (or PDF attachment, etc) directly from the phone to a printer (preferably wirelessly) Is that a word?

Anyhow, thanks for the help.
    We were printing from Treo's 6 years ago using IR, before wireless in the phones.
    Several laser printers came with IR built in.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    We were printing from Treo's 6 years ago using IR, before wireless in the phones.
    Several laser printers came with IR built in.
    well, at least that gives me hope that we'll see an app to do this at some point. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    My laser printer has a connector that allows the phone to print pictures directly.
    I would like to see the same thing with email.