1.    #1  
    I followed all the instructions of installed via WebOS. When I get everything installed, I go to Preware, look for the patch, find Virtual Keyboard, I select it and Virtual Keyboard aoubt screen comes up with the package, last update version download size and so on. On the bottom is a remove key and Updatem when I try to update I get error updating. Any help. Thanks
    Same here.. What I did it is remove or uninstall then reboot and install again that work for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizof103 View Post
    I followed all the instructions of installed via WebOS. When I get everything installed, I go to Preware, look for the patch, find Virtual Keyboard, I select it and Virtual Keyboard aoubt screen comes up with the package, last update version download size and so on. On the bottom is a remove key and Updatem when I try to update I get error updating. Any help. Thanks
    Uninstall the old one, then install the new one and should be fine.
  4.    #4  
    I did everything that you suggested. Removed, rebooted, reinstalled and the same result.
  5.    #5  
    I did everything that you suggested. Removed, rebooted, reinstalled and the same result.
    For anyone wondering what they are talking about...

Here is the link that tells how to install the on-screen keyboard:

How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard

The instructions and a number of themes to choose from are here:

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If you are new to Homebrew (downloading apps), click here:

How to Install Homebrew Apps

- Craig
    For some reason i had same problem, the fix is you install the Preware first and then Package Manager Service and it all works, cause i installed the first time ran it and then uninstalled it then i wanted to try it again, so when i tried to install it again i had same problem so i did it the way i said above and everything works
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I have my Virtual keyboard working, but I was wondering about the 'click' sound when a key is tapped. I get no sound, and I thought that was normal, but there is a file called click1.wav in the virtual-keyboard/sound folder.

I'd sure like to get that working if possible. Anyone know what I'm missing that it isn't working?
    please help. how do i download the app like the other ones. how can download the preware on the phone without going through the root. can i just save the file the rest and then copy and paste to file downloader?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I am having a problem with the click1.wav file also. It is showing up in the Music Player, and I don't want it to.

I have tried renaming the file from click1.wav to click1.wav.bku and that removes it.

However, I would like to have the file renamed back to click1.wav and not have it show up in Music Player.

Is there a way to either get Music Player to only look in /media/internal/iPod_Control or at least ignore the /media/internal/virtual-keyboard folder? Changing permissions possiblly?

Also, my virtual keyboard never clicked either.
    Do a search in the keyboard thread. To enable the "click" you just put the Pre in USB mode, open the folder and using a text editor like Notepad, type in the name of the click file in the right place. You can also set the amount of haptic feedback in the same way by entering a number in the right place.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Do a search in the keyboard thread. To enable the "click" you just put the Pre in USB mode, open the folder and using a text editor like Notepad, type in the name of the click file in the right place. You can also set the amount of haptic feedback in the same way by entering a number in the right place.
    Thanks, I'll do the search now and post the info here (if I find it) for others to use

Edit: Here is the link to edit the virtual KB
    Last edited by FlameOut; 09/02/2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Found the info
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    For some reason i had same problem, the fix is you install the Preware first and then Package Manager Service and it all works, cause i installed the first time ran it and then uninstalled it then i wanted to try it again, so when i tried to install it again i had same problem so i did it the way i said above and everything works
    So you are saying you went back into WebOSQuickInstall, reinstalled Preware then reinstalled Package Manager Server and after that it allowed you to update the virtual keyboard?

TIA
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I had the click and vibrate working, then all of a sudden nothing again. Virtural KB still works fine, but no sound.

This is my kb_config.json file so that isn't the problem, and when I click on the click1.wav file, it plays ok

{
    "haptic": 50,
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    "theme": "LPC_Condensed_1f"
    }

Edit: Found my problem, somehow stupid me slid the sound switch to off on top of the Pre
    Last edited by FlameOut; 09/02/2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Found the problem
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Maybe i missed this but how do u change the themes?
    I haven't even got to the third button. The plus, the minus, and then nothing. So I can't get to anything... Could some one shed some ligt on this for me?