Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    0.6 posted.

- smiley support for , and :P
    - two more multicolor schemes
    - some UI tweaks
    - Palm appstore compliant support / about screen

This baby is ready for the app store. If you like it I hope you'll buy it because it's gonna cost only 99 cents!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I like this program and have been showing my friends the last couple of days. Will definitely buy for 99 cents.
    For 99 cents it is a no-brainer!

- Craig
  4.    #24  
    Thanks guys! Glad you like it. I loved building this too!
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Looks good, thanks!
    love it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post

This baby is ready for the app store. If you like it I hope you'll buy it because it's gonna cost only 99 cents!
    Whoa, champ. How about the ability to store different messages? I think that's a must for the final version. Is there a character limit? You may need one depending on what the Pre can handle.

Will you have multiple fonts in the final version as well? If you were feeling adventurous, you could make a font designer to go with the app (or sell it separately). THAT would be pretty sweet.

Great job on the app, I dig it!
    Last edited by sweet greggo; 09/02/2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    How about the ability to store different messages? I think that's a must for the final version.
    I have been thinking the same thing. Could you store and edit say 8 messages that will end up being used again and again. For me these might be:
    Go?
    Eat?
    Gr8!
    L8r
    Text me
    123-456-7890
    etc.

Notice that the first four sample messages could be scroll speed "No Scroll" - just stay on screen.

- Craig
    cool app.I like it ,just pauses from word to word .... if thats normal then no probs
  10.    #30  
    sreyes this is an issue with the phone itself. There's nothing that I can do about it that I can think of. Hopefully this gets better with newer WebOS releases.
    Fun little app Marco, thanks for spending the time building it. I'm in agreement with Craig about being able to pre-write (I didn't mean it as a pun when I wrote it...) and save a few different messages.

Phat
  12.    #32  
    I'm still not sure about the real need for saved messages. It's not hard to do or anything but I wonder if it has all that much value. Reason is that I think people will use this for very short messages anyway most of the time (LOL, WTF?!, FAIL etc.). Secondly, the app does remember the last used message. Third, it would clutter the gui with the whole message editing thing. It would probably require an extra scene. I wonder if this doesn't kinda ruin the simplicity of the app.

Is it really worth it?

Opinions welcome.
    I guess I would use it for short messages - " I'd like another stout please", and the like rather than the (I don't even know what to call 'em) LOL, WTF and so on.

Just a brain-fart as I was typing... reverse lettering so the ***** in front of me can read it in his rear view mirror. On second thought, probably not a good idea...
    While you are contemplating adding a new scene.
    How about a Lite-Brite scene?

Just an extended scrollable grid where the user can fill with different colored leds to make their own scrolling masterpieces.
    http://www.hasbro.com/litebrite/swf/litebrite.cfm
    Last edited by Mannyman; 09/06/2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added link
  15.    #35  
    Staying away from Lite Brite because Hasbro are a bunch of twats who will legally harrass the hell out of me if I did it. I considered doing a real Lite Brite app but then I read about someone else who did this on the web and got in trouble with these bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Staying away from Lite Brite because Hasbro are a bunch of twats who will legally harrass the hell out of me if I did it. I considered doing a real Lite Brite app but then I read about someone else who did this on the web and got in trouble with these bastards.
    Bummer
    I love this one. Thanks for the App..
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Great app, I love it! I wish there was something that could be done about the stuttering, but I realize it's out of your control.
  19.    #39  
    I'm proud to release Screamager 0.7!

This version adds three built in dot matrix animations and the ability to play any remote hosted Blinkenlights BML animation. All 1 bit Blinkenlights animations should work including ones that are smaller than the available 26x18 pixels. Larger ones of course won't work.

To try it out I placed a bunch of BML animations here:

Index of /stuff/bml

These animations are from the Blinkenlights project. They will all play in Screamager 0.7.

This also means you can write and run your own animations! For more information about the Blinkenlights Markup Language, look here:

Blinkenlights Markup Language | Project Blinkenlights

If you've made a cool animation please let me know and I'll add it to the built in animations! As said before, currently only 1 bit color depth is supported. Variable frame duration times are supported as well. While animations smaller than 26x18px work you're of course encouraged to use all available space for your animation.
  20.    #40  
    Anyone tried this yet? :s
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast