Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Are there any MSN Messenger apps out there that I maybe missed? Here in Canada MSN is the big thing. I'm looking for one tat gives me notifications in the notification area and that I don't have to keep open in an activity card.
    Nope, not at this time.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Sadly, not yet, but I am sure it's coming. We do know that Shapeservice is working on porting IM+ over to Pre so that will provide a solution for all messengers (yahoo, msn, aol, facebook, twitter too). In the meantime, I just discovered that on Sprint, there is a "sprint app" that if you go into there is a web msn messenger portal. I realize you're not on Sprint in Canada, but if you search through Bell's app maybe there will be an option for you as well.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    At the moment, I think your best option is probably to access MSN IM by way of meebo.com, which supports several protocols and works tolerably well in the browser.
    Yeah, kind of lame that Palm decided to give preference to AIM than MSN messenger. I think MSN Messenger is way more popular.
    This is the one feature I am waiting for before getting a Pre. There are probably a lot more like me who use MSN all the time and find it ridiculous they launched without it.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It's a feature I suggested directly to Palm on their feedback site.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Yeah, kind of lame that Palm decided to give preference to AIM than MSN messenger. I think MSN Messenger is way more popular.
    I think its a matter of geography and generation. For instance I and nearly everybody I know uses AIM, but almost nobody I know that is American or under 30 even has an MSN account, except as tied to now dead Hotmail addresses they had from middle school.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Here in Canada everyone holds on to those hotmail accounts and uses them for MSN and email. MSN is the preferred choice here.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Try this for now:
    h_t_t_p://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!41191.entry?sa=133725357

Wow, I cannot post links.
    I can't decide if I will keep my pre or not. There is nothing PALM about it. Why couldn't they just improve the screen , ect, without taking away all the things palm die hards like me are used to. At least they gave a choice to use palm desktop or microsoft. I feel stuck with google. Why would I want all my info on a place that can hacked into. I did find something that helped, though. I can sync wth my palm calender & google. It's called Companion Limk. They wom't let me post the link
    I'm using the trial, but if I keep the pre I will buy it. So far it's the easiest one to sync.
    I looked at the classic app, it's like a fake palm. I can get my writimg program & games in, but it's hard to use them without a stylus.. You can try it, but then have to buy it. I think Palm should have left that alone . I had so much good stuff that worked plus I would need a sylus to make them work. I found one that works for the I Phone, so I assume it would work on the pre screen as well. I find using my fingers is not as accurate a a stylus. I found it here:
    Again they won't let me post the link; Try styluscentral
    That's it for now. I could go on but I need a rest from the fustration this pre is causing me...LOL
    i have been searching and they told me that the msn messenger has not come out for palm pre yet but i found a site thats called koolim this lets u use msn ,yahoo and other more chat rooms i used it and for not having the msn app it works pretty good try it i think it will do until the real app comes.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    meebo.com is the absolute most Kick-a online based web2.0 messenger for almost all messenger services... but I have issues getting it to work on the pre's brower. Works absolutely perfect on the iphone.
    Try pre dot mundu dot com.

I tried it today at the sprint store and it seemed pretty good. I had no contacts online to chat with, so I don't know how well it works.

Maybe someone here can give it a try and let us know.
    this is an internet based phone, all you have to do is go on the internet like an msn browser or something like that and type in online messenger. its a little slower than the regular messenger of course but it works for me.