Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    Yes, preware have the same patches that WQI has. First you need to find (in Preware) Autopatch-feed in Available applications. Intall Autopatch-feed, then exit preware. Open Preware again and you'll see that there's about 50 avaliable patches that you can install. You do need to re-start your phone in order to set the new patches.
    Thanks for the autopatch tip! This is what I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Jason was saying there are things WebOS QI can do Preware can't, though I'm not entirely sure what those things are.

Personalization patches like user-defined opacity settings are something that QI handles but there is no current way for dynamic/personalized patching in Preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I just spent last night loading WebOS and installing Preware. After this was successful, I downloaded many patches via Preware. Did a restart at the end and nothing. 1.5 hours down the tube. Patches didn't take I guess.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Your best bet with Preware is to restart after each patch, not install a bunch of patches and then restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Jason was saying there are things WebOS QI can do Preware can't, though I'm not entirely sure what those things are.
    Messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, set lockscreen background, squarify the screen, and change launcher opacity (though this is broken currently) are things WOSQI has that aren't in the autopatch feed, as well as virtual keyboard config, as they require some form of user input.
    That does the trick. Restart 1 to 1. This will take forever. I see a Luna restart. What is that and is that faster?
    Jason thanks for the work you put into Quick Install, without you none of this is possible
    I love WOSQI but have tried to stick to preware on this go-round because I've had to reupdate my phone and didn't have access to a desktop; I can remove everything I've installed on Preware OTA.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    That does the trick. Restart 1 to 1. This will take forever. I see a Luna restart. What is that and is that faster?
    yes it takes a long time, you all need to ask yourself this question,
    Do you want it to work correctly or are you comfortable running webdoctor to restore your pre?

I think jason already said it pretty straight forward, old code that is now changed is still running in memory, only way to load the new code is to restart.
    Got it. Did a bit more digging and found Luna Manger. This should speed things up a bit.
    So I did a partial erase on my Pre. I am trying to install tweaks on the webOS quick install. When I do this I get this message
    ERROR : Unable process patch to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    diffib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesnt match the target

*** does this mean and how to i fix it? Thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    What version of Quick Install are you using? If it's too old, it might not work with v 1.2.1 software.
    I dunno what version it is the one that has the extra button under the + and - sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    You need to install the autopatch feed in order to get the patch feed.
    I read that with Preware, you can install patches over the air (from within the phone, without needing a computer). However, Preware (v0.9.2) shows "Available Patches" greyed out.

Do I need to install the autopatch feed first then, to be able to access the patches from within Preware?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    I dunno what version it is the one that has the extra button under the + and - sign.
    "I dunno"? If you want help you need to at least try to solve the problem yourself first.

Click on Help -> About to find the version number, and you'll see the version number.
    thanks luvmyq9c and mudotron that got me alot closer w/ auto feed but when i go to install patchs i get ....error installing [4]..... then ok or ipkg log what can i do to fix this
    They're both great tools. I use both. I like Preware for when I'm away from the computer and love how easy it is to know exactly what you have with QI.
    Are you guys waiting for the reboot of Luna to complete before applying new patches with WebOS QI? I never do, I just start slamming my phone with patches, by the time I'm done I've only rebooted Luna once technically
    I usually wait for the restart each time, since I think that's what's recommended in the QI thread. With Preware, it's just a single restart after they're all on.
    even on QI im getting the same error message