Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with some patches not working with either one? Specifically the battery % tweak?
    I've got the battery% with battery icon as well as time and date installed across the top of my screen. All done with Preware. You might want to try removing all of your tweaks and then install these ones first. Then install the rest one by one until you find the culprit.
    I've been pretty careful with homebrews. I've been using QI for most tweaks and initially used Preware for the VK. After removing everything for 1.2.1 and updating it, I used the newest version of QI and installed a number of tweaks, including the VK. This morning I got a message that I had to update to 1.2.1, in spite of the fact that my device shows 1.2.1 in place. I have not had this problem with prior updates. I understand that something I have installed tricks the device into thinking it hasn't been updated. There is an extensive thread describing this, but nobody can seem to find any commonalities that can explain why this occurs.

I have removed all tweaks and patches, using whichever method I had installed them. Since all the tweaks now are present in Preware, and it appears to be easier to remove them OTA without having to use the computer, I was thinking about just installing Preware with WOSQI and installing everything else via Preware. What are the differences between the methods of installation, and is one more likely to cause problems than the others? I didn't post this in either thread under Homebrews because I wanted to get independent comments about whether or not it makes a difference which installation method I use.

Does anyone with much more knowledge than I have about these things have a clear idea of whether one method is better/easier/safer than the other?
    I Use Them Both at the same time. They both work great together
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    ^^ same. Both apps work nicely together
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    Much respect to Jason and WOSQI

but preware is great for over the air and also faster bc only one luna restart for multiple patches.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Just wondering...why does WOSQI force a restart of the Pre after every tweak is selected, yet Preware does not force a restart?

When installing patches through Preware should I be manually restarting? And if so, after every patch or after I install all the patches I want?
    i think the best , fast and easy way to install the patchs is preware and u have to install em 1 by 1 and luna restart or restart the phone 1 by one!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Best way is doing your patches through preware... fastest and easiest way.... give it a try.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Because tweaks are complex and change code, it is best to do a reset to set than mod into the system. Some tweaks absolutely require a reset, some do not. While it is entirely possible to load tweak after tweak without a reset, it is recommended. WOSQI does a reset because it is the best way insure your phone works correct.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i dont know if this is becasue I installed patches through preware but just recently my phone bricked. I use to install patches through quickinstall and had absolutely no problem, i then found out about preware and lasted about a day before my phone just went out of control.

at first i did a couple of restarts then it was fin, but then my phone shut off and it keeps on going offline every 35 seconds, it will not let me sign on to my account.. weird.

Im gonna try a few things (the doctor) before i make a claim on the insurance
    my preware is v0.9.2 it is not showing any available patches is their something new i need to do to get tweeks if i try on computer i get an error message . help please
    Quote Originally Posted by enm2307 View Post
    i dont know if this is becasue I installed patches through preware but just recently my phone bricked. I use to install patches through quickinstall and had absolutely no problem, i then found out about preware and lasted about a day before my phone just went out of control.

at first i did a couple of restarts then it was fin, but then my phone shut off and it keeps on going offline every 35 seconds, it will not let me sign on to my account.. weird.

Im gonna try a few things (the doctor) before i make a claim on the insurance
    Mine did the exact same thing.. I am not for sure that it was preware or not but I have decided to use the WOSQI instead of preware...the phone going offline every 30 or so seconds was so annoying! I had to use WebOSDr in order to get it to work again! Good luck fixing your phone!
  13. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I only use WebOS quick install if Preware decides that it can't remove a patch for some reason (usually a failed install, but it still thinks it's installed).
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikek View Post
    my preware is v0.9.2 it is not showing any available patches is their something new i need to do to get tweeks if i try on computer i get an error message . help please
    You need to install the autopatch feed in order to get the patch feed.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Sorry I tried searching and trying to understand. Does Preware have the same patches and tweaks thats available on WebOS quick install?
    Yes, preware have the same patches that WQI has. First you need to find (in Preware) Autopatch-feed in Available applications. Intall Autopatch-feed, then exit preware. Open Preware again and you'll see that there's about 50 avaliable patches that you can install. You do need to re-start your phone in order to set the new patches.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    Yes, preware have the same patches that WQI has. First you need to find (in Preware) Autopatch-feed in Available applications. Intall Autopatch-feed, then exit preware. Open Preware again and you'll see that there's about 50 avaliable patches that you can install. You do need to re-start your phone in order to set the new patches.
    Sweet Thanks!!
    Jason was saying there are things WebOS QI can do Preware can't, though I'm not entirely sure what those things are.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I just got into WOSQI and Preware yesterday but it seemed that Preware was good for apps and themes, WOSQI was good for patches and tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Because tweaks are complex and change code, it is best to do a reset to set than mod into the system. Some tweaks absolutely require a reset, some do not. While it is entirely possible to load tweak after tweak without a reset, it is recommended. WOSQI does a reset because it is the best way insure your phone works correct.

Restarts are required to get modifications into memory that the Pre is running out of. The modifications change the files on the device itself, but they are usually already loaded into memory and running. Thus after a restart the new files can be loaded into memory.

It is NOT needed to restart after each modification, and one restart after all modifications will be fine.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast