Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I installed the Sticker Theme and it works great. I'll wait a day or two until the tweaks are re-configured. I don't want to risk messing up my phone and having to run WebOSDr.
    One other thing. Certain Themes may try to modify png files that are not in the same place. I will post this in the Themes forum.
    Geez I'm stuck with a theme here that won't completely uninstall. I want to install 1.2 but I'm afraid that it can mess up the phone!!! Anybody have any ideas on what I can do?? I was thinkin to try quick install but I don't have my usb cable with me and I'm at work. I can't believe 1.2 is out and I STILL have to wait a couple more hours to install because of this!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I installed 1.2 over a theme and it just basically wiped out the theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    Oh.. OK so i guess I could just install 1.2 and not worry about it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    same here
    I tried to install a theme ipk from prethemer.com, and I get this error:

ERROR: An error occured while trying to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.30f47d3229.postinst (err1)

Any takers? Was I supposed to reinstall preware, the new version of SDK, or anything else?

EDIT:...sorry..I forgot to mention I was using quickinstall..
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 09/28/2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    I tried to install a theme ipk from prethemer.com, and I get this error:

ERROR: An error occured while trying to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.30f47d3229.postinst (err1)

Any takers? Was I supposed to reinstall preware, the new version of SDK, or anything else?

EDIT:...sorry..I forgot to mention I was using quickinstall..
    Ok..so I used Preware and it installed the theme properly. However, I've tried multiple times (as I have many times successfully) to change the css files for messaging and for the dialer text colors, and nothing will change, although I get no errors or anything.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    well there were a few changes made to say like the dial pad with 1.2. On 1.1 I was using the jordan theme but I'm gonna wait ntilpeople redo their themes and tweaks before I use any of themon 1.2
    I have never added any tweaks or Homebrew apps to my Pre and I think I am now mentally ready to do so.

Please tell me what I need each of these apps for. Thanks in advance!

1. File Coaster
    2. Preware
    3. WebOS Quick Installer
    well i only use quick installer to install tweaks and preware and to return my theme to default and then i use pre ware for everything else
    Sjamie - I would start using Preware as it seems to be the most inclusive of them all. It takes all of the possible data and puts it into one easy to use app. For that you need to start out on the preware page here at precentral.net and follow their instructions to download and to get the WebOS Quick Install up and running. Once you have that going it is a piece of cake and you will be glad that you have changed your ways! Enjoy.
    In short, after great thanks for all the Preware and QI people. These two are working well together to integrate their intents.

SO...basically you need to install WebOS QI first to download and install the File Service Manager, and Preware. Then from there you can pretty much install ANYTHING tweak and patch wise from within Preware.
    There are a few things I think are still only available via WebOS QI only but I could be wrong.

FileCoaster though the first and most important in its day is not really needed with current advancements in syncing tweaks etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by champ200421 View Post
    Sjamie - I would start using Preware as it seems to be the most inclusive of them all. It takes all of the possible data and puts it into one easy to use app. For that you need to start out on the preware page here at precentral.net and follow their instructions to download and to get the WebOS Quick Install up and running. Once you have that going it is a piece of cake and you will be glad that you have changed your ways! Enjoy.
    Thanks! So does Preware render File Coaster obsolete?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Because FileCoaster was the first it holds a special place to many here, so we wouldn't call it obsolete
    But it hasn't been updated in a long time ( by Pre community standards) and yes, Preware has all it's functions and many, many more.

WebOS QI and Preware are about all you need nowadays.
    Have fun!
    FANTASTIC! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have been hesitant about installing Preware and am also mentally preparing myself! I would love to have the virtual keyboard and some of the other cool features. I am extremely non-techy and admire all of you who understand this stuff like it's second hand.

By sheer dumb luck I managed to install Filecoaster so I'm assuming that means I have Quick Install on my computer. I think the real reason that I haven't tried it yet (other than the fact that I didn't understand the instructions, but I found a "for dummies" version) is that I'm not sure if I'll be able to uninstall tweaks and patches before a new update comes out. If I can't understand how to install the program, am I going to understand how to uninstall certain things? How user friendly is Preware?

Also what if my phone updates automatically before I have a chance to uninstall the tweaks? Will that make my phone stop working? Do I need to worry about that???

Thanks to everyone on the board for the great advice. I read it everyday and learn a little bit more as I go along.
    susank2, I have the same questions and concerns you have. Thank you. Let's see what answers roll in!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just installed Preware but for some reason all the categories are grayed out as though nothing is available, any ideas?
    where do you download preware and learn about it. I have web os quickinstall/doctor and filecoaster up and running already and im becoming familiar with it. i havent looked up info on preware yet though
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast