Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    If you use preware to load the patch or theme , use preware to delete it.
    If you use quick install to load a theme or patch use quickinstall to delete as well.

Apples and apples , oranges and oranges.

They should work fine interchangeably. You should have no problems installing/removing with either in either order. Both can install and remove advanced homebrew packages.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    They should work fine interchangeably. You should have no problems installing/removing with either in either order.
    I believe this is true but I prefer to use one program.
    Question , will EPR delete Jason specific patches ? It's been a while since I've used quick install due to the ease and my laziness in using preware.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    There was an article on the main page detailing the differences between preware, webOS Quick install, preload, and filecoaster

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-i...-quick-install

EDIT: It is really based on preferance. If you are a newbie, then I would say just use filecoaster, since it really just install apps which does not require you to remove before an update.

Preware has patches you can download that alter some of WebOS code and must be removed prior to an update to ensure it works
    Last edited by shotyme; 12/10/2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added more info
    mykal900, do you think that dosbox could work on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    There was an article on the main page detailing the differences between preware, webOS Quick install, preload, and filecoaster

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-i...-quick-install
    Very good find , I was looking for this article originally.
    ok im going to do my first theme now. check back.... hope i dont have any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I believe this is true but I prefer to use one program.
    Question , will EPR delete Jason specific patches ? It's been a while since I've used quick install due to the ease and my laziness in using preware.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by Jason specific patches, but it will remove any patch that was installed using autopatch technology. To my knowledge all patches in QI are autopatch compatible. I'm not sure about the QI specific ones like opacity though. And the binary patch iphone spoof is definitely not because autopatch technology (and thus EPR) only operates on text files.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    OK got the theme on my pre.. Its PIMP!! I LOVE IT!!! Where do i go to delete it for a wobos update? Do i just go into the Preware app and Click on the theme button and click remove? Just wanting to make sure i know what to do. Thank you all very much for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by Jason specific patches, but it will remove any patch that was installed using autopatch technology. To my knowledge all patches in QI are autopatch compatible. I'm not sure about the QI specific ones like opacity though. And the binary patch iphone spoof is definitely not because autopatch technology (and thus EPR) only operates on text files.
    By Jason I meant QI specific , That was what I meant by apples to apples and oranges to oranges, It's just easier for me to know what was loaded where so I know where specifically I should delete it. If that makes any sense , I'm tired and it's all gibberish to me now.

But thank you for your explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    OK got the theme on my pre.. Its PIMP!! I LOVE IT!!! Where do i go to delete it for a wobos update? Do i just go into the Preware app and Click on the theme button and click remove? Just wanting to make sure i know what to do. Thank you all very much for your help.
    Find it in preware under installed and select delete.
    Good going dogg !
    It looks and sound easy enough. Do the same for any patches i install? And any Homebrew app is ok to leave on the phone correct? Again thank you very much for the help. Im loving my Pre even more with the new them i just put on it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    It looks and sound easy enough. Do the same for any patches i install? And any Homebrew app is ok to leave on the phone correct? Again thank you very much for the help. Im loving my Pre even more with the new them i just put on it!!!!
    Patches , D/L EPR , "emergency patch removal" on preware, Note when you download EPR . It is not saved ,it is immediately ran and will delete all patches.

Any apps are fine to leave on .

Glad your enthusiastic at customizing your pre. Just read and go slow.Then read it again.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have no themes installed, I down loaded EPR, but it will not install, I get an error message.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213