Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I seem to be in the exact same situation.

- ran Emergency Patch Recovery and removed patches
    - Virtual Keyboard is still functioning, even after restart
    - Preware does not have VK in Installed Packages

- Preware says that VK is available to install
    - getting error when trying to install VK

I searched the forums and didn't find much on how to resolve this since I'm going to need the option to remove VK before the next update comes out.

I do see that the WebOS Repair Tool may be an option, but it's only coded to work up to 1.2.0, so I guess I'll have to wait until it supports 1.2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    This is exactly the same boat I am in. I even checked several patches to make sure EPR removed them. When 4 had been removed I assumed they all had been removd. Guess I could webdoctor it. Has the doctor for 1.2.1 been released yet?

The old virtual keyboard is still installed, EPR does not remove the 0.4.x keyboard version as this version did not use autopatch technology. The feed no longer contains the older ipk so it is now listed under type "applications".

Installed Pacakges -> Applications

or

Installed Packages -> All -> type virt

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The old virtual keyboard is still installed, EPR does not remove the 0.4.x keyboard version as this version did not use autopatch technology. The feed no longer contains the older ipk so it is now listed under type "applications".

Installed Pacakges -> Applications

or

Installed Packages -> All -> type virt
    Who's the man?!?! ...emoney!!!

That totally worked. I was able to remove and install the "new" patch version properly now. Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    In preware go to installed packages then look for VK. it will then allow you to uninstall...
    This did work. Don't know why I assumed it would only be in with the patches. Thank You.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I have applied certain paches through Quick Install, and I dont understand what is the difference btw this or Preware?...

Is Preware better in some way?, or more stable?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Preware is able to do it OTA, you dont have to be hooked into a computer for WOSQI. So if you are sitting in a movie theatre and a new cool patch comes out, you can download it instead of waiting till you get back home to connect to QI. But IMO i wouldnt say one is better than the other, i would say they compliment each other.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    And its just as stable? and since i have used Quick, will Preware screw up the patches already installed though that?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    To be honest, after i did the Preware update i couldnt get QI to install any of the system patches like the 4X4 launcher and stuff like that, but the styling mods like the boot screens would install just fine and i had to use Preware to install the system mods, I would uninstall everything from QI and use Preware to install all system mods, to use Preware properly you need to read both of these.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hey thanks alot bro fro the quick help, apPREciate it...

OK I'm gonna go slap myself for that....
    Preware is better imo because of the OTA capability but WOSQI is still a very much needed tool for more in depth packages.
    I have a similar problem uninstalling the Virtual Keyboard. When I select uninstall I get an error - IPKG log reads, "No md5sums.patched file?"

Any idea what to try?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    try uninstalling via WOSQI
    I get the same message using the WebOS Quick Install
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredejohnson View Post
    I have a similar problem uninstalling the Virtual Keyboard. When I select uninstall I get an error - IPKG log reads, "No md5sums.patched file?"

Any idea what to try?
    Virtual keyboard won't be with the patches.... It will be with your homebrew applications. Uninstall it there.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I think for patches, I like QI, because I want to read up on any issues before I install them, to save a lot of potential headaches. Being "afield" and killing your Pre can be very inconvenient. Having a nice solid network connection rather than possibly shaky EVDO / WiFi is reassuring too.

Don't get me wrong - Preware for OTA apps / app-updates is great!

Just my 2 cents.
    I started with QI first and installed the majority of the patches I now have, but I've been using Preware a bit more, due to the OTA installs and the UI is pretty refined.

I'm able to use either with no problems, though it seems Preware doesn't recognize that I have some patches installed from QI. I'll probably do a partial erase and install them again, this time using one installer (probably Preware, OTA FTW!).
    I started with QI first and installed the majority of the patches I now have, but I've been using Preware a bit more, due to the OTA installs and the UI is pretty refined.

I'm able to use either with no problems, though it seems Preware doesn't recognize that I have some patches installed from QI. I'll probably do a partial erase and install them again, this time using one installer (probably Preware, OTA FTW!).
    One new reason to use Preware is to get access to the Fair Dinkum App Limit application.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You need both, both have advantages and negatives.

And just because the patch for the app limit is on Preware does not mean it's not in WEBOSQI, you just don't know how to look for it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You need both, both have advantages and negatives.

And just because the patch for the app limit is on Preware does not mean it's not in WEBOSQI, you just don't know how to look for it.

Rob
    Yeah, that's right, I don't know how to access the webos-internals feeds in WOSQI. Hmm.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sorry if this quetion was asked before, I just want to get a clear answer.

If I used webos quick install and preware to install some homebrew apps on the phone, and had some tweak/patches on the phone.

Before I do the next Palm WebOs update, do I only need to remove the homebrew apps , tweaks, patches? Or I need to completely remove Webos quick install and Preware, too?

Thanks!