Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi
    I tried to install the Virtual Keyboard app. ising the WebOS Quick. i keep getting an error saying" an error occured while attemting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst(err1)

I used window xp and vista 32bit, getting same error on both

any help please
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    Hi
    I tried to install the Virtual Keyboard app. ising the WebOS Quick. i keep getting an error saying" an error occured while attemting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst(err1)

I used window xp and vista 32bit, getting same error on both

any help please
    That usually means you have not fully removed any manual patches you had applied for the virtual keyboard previously.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    how can I remove patches??
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    how can I remove patches??
    Follow the instructions from the same wiki page that you used to install them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I try to install via Preware...I do not get the script prompt, only a statement that the application has been installed. However, it has NOT been installed.

Any ideas?
    I have the same problem. I installed everything. Preware works fine. I can install other apps from it but when i try to get the virtual keyboard to work it is not doing anything. It says that its installed on my phone but it isnt working. Im not understanding y. Can comeone pleasse inform me on what to do. Thanks soooo much!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nbenitez1 View Post
    I have the same problem. I installed everything. Preware works fine. I can install other apps from it but when i try to get the virtual keyboard to work it is not doing anything. It says that its installed on my phone but it isnt working. Im not understanding y. Can comeone pleasse inform me on what to do. Thanks soooo much!

Are you sure it's not installed? It won't open unless you have something open that needs text input. Also, it's a little touchy to open (at least for me) Just two quick taps in gesture area should open it. It sometimes takes a bit for me to get it open. If it says it's installed, maybe it actually is?

I'm new to this to, so this is just some guesses on my part
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i done exactly as the directions said for install when i go to pre ware i have the virt keyboard but when i open it it does not give me the notice button to touch do i have to shut dev mode of first or what am i doing wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by zman8 View Post
    When I try to install via Preware...I do not get the script prompt, only a statement that the application has been installed. However, it has NOT been installed.

Any ideas?
    Firstly, it's not an application, it's a WebOS Patch.

So you will not see an icon for it in the launcher.

Open the web browser, and double tap in the gesture area.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Follow the instructions from the same wiki page that you used to install them.

-- Rod
    I am having the same problem installed the virtual keyboard as the OP metioned. I initially installed the keyboard using the command line method from the wiki page:

cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb
    However I don't see an uninstall instructions? I tried to uninstall using the script to uninstall all patches:

cd /
    quilt pop -a
    But I get an error stating that keyboard patch could not be successfully removed? Is there a specific script that will completely remove the keyboard patch?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Firstly, it's not an application, it's a WebOS Patch.

So you will not see an icon for it in the launcher.

Open the web browser, and double tap in the gesture area.

-- Rod
    I recognize that there will be no icon for this, however, when I install it through either Preware or WebOS, it does not seem to install (ie work)...nor, when I install through Preware do I get a prompt asking me to install a script, only a notice that "the application has been installed"
    Quote Originally Posted by zman8 View Post
    I recognize that there will be no icon for this, however, when I install it through either Preware or WebOS, it does not seem to install (ie work)...nor, when I install through Preware do I get a prompt asking me to install a script, only a notice that "the application has been installed"
    We believe version 0.1.3 will fix that.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    We believe version 0.1.3 will fix that.

-- Rod
    I uninstalled Preware and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks.