1.    #1  
    im not that smart lol, but when an update comes for the the pre. i hurd that i would have to delete certen software like the keyboard before i update or else my pre would be dammaged. is that true? and how do that
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    You can do it through preware or quick install..
    The only problem for me is that I installed the keyboard patch vi preware and now preware isn't loading the patch for me to remove it. Any suggestions?
    Use WebOS Quick Install to manually remove it like I just did.

Put your pre in developer mode, wait for it to reboot, then connect it to your laptop and hit "just charge."

After that, fire up WebOS Quick Install and then under "Tools" select "Device Management."

That will pull up a list with checkboxes off to the side. Check the virtual keyboard application and remove it. That should delete it from your pre.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champ200421 View Post
    The only problem for me is that I installed the keyboard patch vi preware and now preware isn't loading the patch for me to remove it. Any suggestions?

under preware go to list of everything and it should be there. it should also be under installed applications. you can remove it that way.
    I tried to do that for text message landscape mode, and my phone restarted, but after it was removed my text messages still go into landscape mode and I hate it can someone please help me???? I didn't realize how annoying landscape mode while texting is especially when I am not trying to turn my phone in landscape view
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    I tried to do that for text message landscape mode, and my phone restarted, but after it was removed my text messages still go into landscape mode and I hate it can someone please help me???? I didn't realize how annoying landscape mode while texting is especially when I am not trying to turn my phone in landscape view

i had that problem for a while.

try quick install under devices management, there is a drop down menu that reads patches, look for landscape messaging and uninstall. patch should remove. do a luna restart then a phone restart under device info on the pre. it worked for me, but i know what u mean it was a pain in the ****.

if all else fails run EPR, and redo ur patches