1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm far too lazy to search all the posts so I'll just ask it again. When an new version of webOS is relases and the phone updates itself, will it "undo" all that I've "done" such as my tweaks, hacks and modifications? For example, Wi-Fi tethering app, Dev Mode app etc, stuff that's clearly not official webOS stuff.

Thanks
    That's what they say. The only tweak that will aggrivate me to have to uninstall, is the launcher page adder. It was so time consuming organizing all my apps to the appropriate pages, doing it again will not be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    That's what they say. The only tweak that will aggrivate me to have to uninstall, is the launcher page adder. It was so time consuming organizing all my apps to the appropriate pages, doing it again will not be fun
    If you had also done a proper search, you would know that removing the "launcher page adder" doesnt remove any of the pages you already added...it just removes the "add page" and "delete page" links in the menu
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Also, with WebOS Quickinstall you can readd most hacks very easily
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    totally agree. I just added a page just for games. Now at the moment it's not an issue but i'd hate to have fifty, go through the time of reorganizing them then having to do it all over again.
    Stupid question here. I have the 4x4 icon tweak added, but is the add an extra launch page a different tweak?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Stupid question here. I have the 4x4 icon tweak added, but is the add an extra launch page a different tweak?
    Completely difference tweak. The 4x4 icon tweak does just that - makes the icons smaller, thus giving you more apps on a single page without having to scroll much. The extra launcher page tweak gives you the option to -add- and -delete- new pages, so that you can have new pages for things such as say - games, homebrew applications, official applications, system tools, and the 'never mess with' section (at least that's how I have mine setup).
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    totally agree. I just added a page just for games. Now at the moment it's not an issue but i'd hate to have fifty, go through the time of reorganizing them then having to do it all over again.
    It won't affect how many pages you have. See this post.
    I thought I read somewhere to uninstall all hacks before doing a Palm update. I thought the apps would be fine, but the hacks must go before dong the updates. Is that true?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    How did you manage to have 4 x 4 icons i have the 5 x 4 and i didn't like it that much because i keep opening the wrong application everytime can you please help me, how can i do this? the web os quick install only lets you do the 5 x4.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I think only patches...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arodmx View Post
    How did you manage to have 4 x 4 icons i have the 5 x 4 and i didn't like it that much because i keep opening the wrong application everytime can you please help me, how can i do this? the web os quick install only lets you do the 5 x4.
    Upgrade your copy of WebOS Quick Install. It was changed to 4x4.
    Okay so any file that has been updated in 1.2 will be entirely overwritten, which means any patches you've made will just disappear. The problem is if one of the new files references a file that hasn't been updated and is an old version that you added a tweak to, that could cause an issue.

It could also probably cause an issue if a file doesn't get updated and you have a tweak on there and it references a file that has been updated.

But, chances are, if you do have tweaks installed, all that will happen is that they'll disappear in 1.2. But to be safe, you probably still should remove them anyway before updating.
    I guess all the tweaks and hacks will have to be removed before 1.2 Unless some brave soul did it without a problem.